RemedySpot.com

Re: May be interesting to you2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Very interesting, biology not being one of my stronger suits, lol. Been reading

and researching how uncommon, or even concerning the culture should be. Students

can grow fungi in a petri dish in a classroom. Wondering were there numbers

from you to gauge the amount of fungi in culture?

http://www.microbiologyonline.org.uk/teachers/observing-microbes/observing-fungi\

-in-a-petri-

Read under results and discussions. Obviously not unheard of in Ca. Still

reading:)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2293972/

>

>

>

> On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for

Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are

set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which

room they were and sent back to the company for analysis.

>

>

> I got the results back with the following comments .

>

>

> " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

organisms. Their reproductive spores become airborne very easily. They are

primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers. They also have

the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food materials,

textiles, and even in standing water. Try to localize those areas, which are

conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers, carpet,

air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.). If you have potted plants within the

house, please check them for mold around container and water trap. Also check

house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport of fungal

spores into the living areas of the home. "

>

>

> I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

interest since I do have a few plants, but often see things floating in the air.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Late cannot sleep, and still reading:) have you or do you have water issues in

or around your home? Obviously to the warm climate of Ca contributes to

environment for fungi growth, tropical almost. From what I have read so far

filamentous fungi being very common.

http://www.imakenews.com/pureaircontrols/e_article000083644.cfm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/22/killer.fungus.pacific.northwest/index.html

> >

> >

> >

> > On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for

Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are

set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which

> >

> >

> > I got the results back with the following comments .

> >

> >

> > " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

> >

> >

> > I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

interest since I do have a few plants, but often see things floating in the air.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

This should put you at ease some. Read and see what you think. Not a good thing,

but not uncommon either.

http://ibe.sagepub.com/content/13/2/101.abstract

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done

for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that

are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which

> > >

> > >

> > > I got the results back with the following comments .

> > >

> > >

> > > " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

> > >

> > >

> > > I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I noted something interesting. I keep a tub of Lysol water in my bathroom to place my flip flops in to soak before a bath. I have watched the floater things fly to the tub and drop in. BAMB! There dead. Might be the only water one wants to keep standing in a bad area. Calls them, catches them, kills them. From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> Tim <bird mites > Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:07 PM Subject: May be interesting to you2

On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which room they were and sent back to the company for analysis. I got the results back with the following comments. "The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne organisms. Their reproductive spores become airborne very

easily. They are primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers. They also have the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food materials, textiles, and even in standing water. Try to localize those areas, which are conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers, carpet, air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.). If you have potted plants within the house, please check them for mold around container and water trap. Also check house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport of fungal spores into the living areas of the home."I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this interest since I do have a few plants, but often see things floating in the air.

Guest guest

That's real interesting. They are floating in my air and I don't think about it much. At the beginning of my infestation I had more of it and my dust was blue almost everywhere. Most of what I see now are floating fibers that appear white. I'll try the Lysol trick - so thanks .Are you still planning on moving at the end of the school year?From: " Benton" <sarahbenton48@...>bird mites Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:12:51 PMSubject: Re: May be interesting to you2

I noted something interesting. I keep a tub of Lysol water in my bathroom to place my flip flops in to soak before a bath. I have watched the floater things fly to the tub and drop in. BAMB! There dead. Might be the only water one wants to keep standing in a bad area. Calls them, catches them, kills them. From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> Tim <bird mites > Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:07 PM Subject: May be interesting to you2

On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which room they were and sent back to the company for analysis. I got the results back with the following comments. "The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne organisms. Their reproductive spores become airborne very

easily. They are primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers. They also have the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food materials, textiles, and even in standing water. Try to localize those areas, which are conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers, carpet, air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.). If you have potted plants within the house, please check them for mold around container and water trap. Also check house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport of fungal spores into the living areas of the home."I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this interest since I do have a few plants, but often see things floating in the air.

Guest guest

Hi

Good Idea thanks .

I used a lid to a 36gal rubbermaid tub to catch a leak in the kitchen sink , it

had standing water in it too , I used several prays of windex in it & all the

3-4 years of kitchen biting bugs were gone in a month , they must of drank it

afetr the amonia diapated . I like the lysol idea cause there is no ethelyne

glycol ( antifreeze) in the lyso like there is in windex , which is poisonous to

pets.

Mona here on the forum used a small pail of white vinegar in the car & dosnt

get bit in her car , but she gets mauled by them in her house . She needs our

help . She had birds that pecked thru the siding & made nests in the walls .

I think a tri-jet fogger would help but she has stripped her carpet & has raw

osb board floors & is highly allergic to paint & chemicals due to an accidental

mishap of pesticide application at her school where her & her stundents were

misted with pesticide thru the open windows at ground level in a walkout

basement type of building . So now she can't even be near perfume, let alone

paint , even afer it cures for months..

So she need a coating on the floor that is low voc fume or a trijet thet spits

a lot of water would wet the floors to much ths releasing the formadahyde smell

from the osb board she says.

Always a dilema withthei bug . I pray God to help . What about floor wax , that

should water proof it do you think ? vynil is out, it off gasses for years a

makes her sick due to chemical sensitivity , masonry tile & Hard wood is too

expensive. Any ideas ? Please let me know

God bless you ,

Bill

------------------------------

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 3:12 PM EDT Benton wrote:

>I noted something interesting.  I keep a tub of Lysol water in my bathroom to

place my flip flops in to soak before a bath.  I have watched the floater things

fly to the tub and drop in.  BAMB!  There dead.  Might be the only water one

wants to keep standing in a bad area.  Calls them, catches them, kills them.   

>

>

>

>________________________________

> From: " Goldstein@... " <Goldstein@...>

>Tim <bird mites >

>Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:07 PM

>Subject: May be interesting to you2

>

>

>

> 

>

>On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for

Fungi in my house.  The testing from this company came with petri dishes that

are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which

>

>I got the results back with the following comments.  

>

> " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

organisms.  Their reproductive spores become airborne very easily.  They are

primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers.  They also have

textiles, and even in standing water.  Try to localize those areas, which are

air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.).  If you have potted plants within the

house, please check them for mold around container and water trap.  Also check

>

>I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

interest since I

Guest guest

The floor wax sounds like a good idea, Bill. I heard about what happened to her. Irresponsible people. And in education, they count the teacher as expendible to the greater good of the system. From: Doe <doe1769@...> bird mites

Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:53 PM Subject: Re: May be interesting to you2

Hi

Good Idea thanks .

I used a lid to a 36gal rubbermaid tub to catch a leak in the kitchen sink , it had standing water in it too , I used several prays of windex in it & all the 3-4 years of kitchen biting bugs were gone in a month , they must of drank it afetr the amonia diapated . I like the lysol idea cause there is no ethelyne glycol ( antifreeze) in the lyso like there is in windex , which is poisonous to pets.

Mona here on the forum used a small pail of white vinegar in the car & dosnt get bit in her car , but she gets mauled by them in her house . She needs our help . She had birds that pecked thru the siding & made nests in the walls .

I think a tri-jet fogger would help but she has stripped her carpet & has raw osb board floors & is highly allergic to paint & chemicals due to an accidental mishap of pesticide application at her school where her & her stundents were misted with pesticide thru the open windows at ground level in a walkout basement type of building . So now she can't even be near perfume, let alone paint , even afer it cures for months..

So she need a coating on the floor that is low voc fume or a trijet thet spits a lot of water would wet the floors to much ths releasing the formadahyde smell from the osb board she says.

Always a dilema withthei bug . I pray God to help . What about floor wax , that should water proof it do you think ? vynil is out, it off gasses for years a makes her sick due to chemical sensitivity , masonry tile & Hard wood is too expensive. Any ideas ? Please let me know

God bless you ,

Bill

------------------------------

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 3:12 PM EDT Benton wrote:

>I noted something interesting. I keep a tub of Lysol water in my bathroom to place my flip flops in to soak before a bath. I have watched the floater things fly to the tub and drop in. BAMB! There dead. Might be the only water one wants to keep standing in a bad area. Calls them, catches them, kills them.

>

>

>

>________________________________

> From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>

>Tim <bird mites >

>Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:07 PM

>Subject: May be interesting to you2

>

>

>

>

>

>On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which room they were and sent back to the company for analysis.

>

>I got the results back with the following comments.

>

>"The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne organisms. Their reproductive spores become airborne very easily. They are primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers. They also have the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food materials, textiles, and even in standing water. Try to localize those areas, which are conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers, carpet, air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.). If you have potted plants within the house, please check them for mold around container and water trap. Also check house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport of fungal spores into the living areas of the home."

>

>I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this interest since I

Guest guest

Yes, I am moving. Teaching is no life. Work 8 hours with kids cussing and throwing things at you, work 2 more hours every night, 8 on the weekends, and most of any break that occurs. I can't take this life anymore. I need "me" time and sleep. Stress is too great. I'm outa here! From:

"Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:36 PM Subject: Re: May be interesting to you2

That's real interesting. They are floating in my air and I don't think about it much. At the beginning of my infestation I had more of it and my dust was blue almost everywhere. Most of what I see now are floating fibers that appear white. I'll try the Lysol trick - so thanks .Are you still planning on moving at the end of the school year?From: " Benton" <sarahbenton48@...>bird mites Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:12:51 PMSubject: Re: May be interesting to you2

Guest guest

I am sorry it has been so hard . Something is so wrong when teachers have to leave the profession because of abuse by kids and lack of cooperation by administration. It really does suck!Hugs, From: " Benton" <sarahbenton48@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 1:41:26 PMSubject: Re: May be interesting to you2

Yes, I am moving. Teaching is no life. Work 8 hours with kids cussing and throwing things at you, work 2 more hours every night, 8 on the weekends, and most of any break that occurs. I can't take this life anymore. I need "me" time and sleep. Stress is too great. I'm outa here! From:

"Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:36 PM Subject: Re: May be interesting to you2

Guest guest

That is the saddest thing to hear. Such carelessness has caused such life long

distress. So wrong.

Terry

>

> >I noted something interesting.  I keep a tub of Lysol water in my bathroom

to place my flip flops in to soak before a bath.  I have watched the floater

things fly to the tub and drop in.  BAMB!  There dead.  Might be the only

water one wants to keep standing in a bad area.  Calls them, catches them,

kills them.   

> >

> >

> >

> >________________________________

> > From: " Goldstein@... " <Goldstein@...>

> >Tim <bird mites >

> >Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:07 PM

> >Subject: May be interesting to you2

> >

> >

> >

> > 

> >

> >On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for

Fungi in my house.  The testing from this company came with petri dishes that

> >

> >I got the results back with the following comments.  

> >

> > " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

organisms.  Their reproductive spores become airborne very easily.  They are

primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers.  They also

have the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food

materials, textiles, and even in standing water.  Try to localize those areas,

which are conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers,

carpet, air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.).  If you have potted plants

within the house, please check them for mold around container and water trap.

Also check house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport

of fungal spores into the living areas of the home. "

> >

> >I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

interest since I

>

Guest guest

That second link is super scary since my husband and I have had something (lung related for months).From: "healinghope" <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:28:09 PMSubject: Re: May be interesting to you2Late cannot sleep, and still reading:) have you or do you have water issues in or around your home? Obviously to the warm climate of Ca contributes to environment for fungi growth, tropical almost. From what I have read so far filamentous fungi being very common.http://www.imakenews.com/pureaircontrols/e_article000083644.cfmhttp://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/22/killer.fungus.pacific.northwest/index.html--- In bird mites , "healinghope" <mfrreman@...> wrote:>> Very interesting, biology not being one of my stronger suits, lol. Been reading and researching how uncommon, or even concerning the culture should be. Students can grow fungi in a petri dish in a classroom. Wondering were there numbers from you to gauge the amount of fungi in culture? > http://www.microbiologyonline.org.uk/teachers/observing-microbes/observing-fungi-in-a-petri-> Read under results and discussions. Obviously not unheard of in Ca. Still reading:)> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2293972/> > > > >> > > > > > On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that are set out in rooms for a period of time, closed, marked on the container which room they were and sent back to the company for analysis. > > > > > > I got the results back with the following comments . > > > > > > "The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne organisms. Their reproductive spores become airborne very easily. They are primarily plant parasites as well as plant (litter) decomposers. They also have the ability to grow on a wide range of other substances such as food materials, textiles, and even in standing water. Try to localize those areas, which are conductive for fungal growth (damp areas under sinks, around showers, carpet, air conditioning/heating ducts, etc.). If you have potted plants within the house, please check them for mold around container and water trap. Also check house doors/windows for small gaps that may allow outside transport of fungal spores into the living areas of the home." > > > > > > I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this interest since I do have a few plants, but often see things floating in the air. > > > > > > > >>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Yep, that second link bothers me as well. Especially since I live in the

Pacific Northwest and I have a creek that runs behind our house. Although I

have a fence between in front of the creek to prevent the dogs from getting in

the water, they do get loose from time to time and splash through it.

Especially our husky. He is a Houdini escape artist.

So much to be concerned about.

But thanks for sharing it.

Terry

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > On the recommendation of my LLMD I had an Environmental Monitoring done

for Fungi in my house. The testing from this company came with petri dishes that

> > >

> > >

> > > I got the results back with the following comments .

> > >

> > >

> > > " The types of filamentous fungi identified above are common soilborne

> > >

> > >

> > > I will call the doctor for a consult to get more info, but I found this

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>