RemedySpot.com

My Sanity Strategy for the Home

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I post this periodically for those who might have missed it or who are newer. When I stumbled onto I. BUG HABITAT - That's easy. They are (mostly) wherever I am. I can maintain cleaning sanity if I focus on keeping a 3-foot

diameter circle clean where I sit or stand or sleep the most. I don't have to kill myself doing the whole house every day unless I spend every day all over the whole house.

I am Ground Zero.

II. HOME INTERIOR

1. Strategy: One room at the time (takes 10 - 15 minutes per mid-sized fully furnished room; twice that the first time you do it). 2. Recipe: In a 1 gallon sprayer, mix the following thoroughly, then add cold water to fill line--

* 1 cup hot water

* 1/2 cup boric acid * Insect growth regulator (any) in amount manufacturer recommends for a gallon of spray mix * Knockdown - pick

one: * Detergent

* Pine Sol

* LimeAway (no more than 6-10 drops per gallon) * Whatever else you think will work 3. Priority

and (method of application):

a. Body (mist)

* If I have flying critters, I mist my whole body

* If I do not have flying critters, I mist my feet and lower legs and hands.

b. Electrical switches, fixtures (all; includes those on the ceiling) (perimeter)

c. Windows and doors (perimeter)

d. Baseboards (perimeter)

e. Ceiling (perimeter)

f. Walls (closed grid pattern)

III. CLOSED GRID

1. During Spraying - Spraying scares the critters. Leave them a safe place and they will not run.

2. After Spraying - No matter where the critters go, they will cross a line where you sprayed, and pay the price.

Love,

kajay