RemedySpot.com

Contact Made, now need to figure out next steps with your help please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello all, I have contacted a Professor in the UK. And he responded, with interest. I basically told him all that was going on with me, with you, and that if he was interested in trying to isolate the infections due to the red mite, et al., then we would be a good starting point. I wrote to him because he already has several good published works on the mite spread of salmonella and is very interested in emerging diseases. Here is his response.Dear TerryMany

thanks for your email below and sorry to hear about your struggle with Dermanyssus infestations. I have not managed to see where you are based?

Are you in the UK? You are not the only one I can assure you as I got a

phone call last week from another person breeding canaries in Wales (UK) and we start receiving reports of dermatitis due to Dermanyssus. Regarding the vector capacity it is unclear what could be transmitted through a bite or just through skin contact with this pest but as you mentioned Salmonella has been suspected for a few years now.Regarding

your own situation unfortunately fumigation does not work as it does not leave residues on walls, floors…. And all the mites hiding in cracks

and crevices are almost not affected. Other persons who had similar problems used Diatomaceous powders with some success (but be aware of respiratory side effects for humans and birds), garlic extract put in water. Bayer has put on the market a new product called ByeMite which can be sprayed in the presence of birds. However as I do not know in which country you are based it is possible that some above treatments are not licenced.Do you have photos or samples of these possible fungi infections? Do you still have problems in your own house now you have stopped having canaries around? Please

do not hesitate to give me more information as I am keen to also investigate dermatitis, human side effects related to Dermanyssus.I am trying to figure out how I can get some microscopic images of the fungi in my house. I also need photos of bite marks and anything else we think might be important. Do we know of anyone who is suffering from this that perhaps lives in the UK. I purposely left off my where-abouts as I did not want him to not consider my email due to geographic location. I am going to continue to communicate with Dr. Sparagano (following is his information) and would like to get him involved in understanding what is going on with us, and with these co-infections. I would like to provide him with as much detail as possible. I know this may not immediately improve any of our situations, but I think it is important to have someone with credentials behind their name, so that our stories become more palatable to the health community. Google "Sparagano" and you will see that he has authored or co-authored many publications regarding Dermanyssus. I hope you all think this might be a good starting point for some investigation into this. And I need your help, thoughts, suggestions, etc. If any of you have taken photos, that would be most helpful. I am keeping my fingers crossed, TerryProfessor Olivier SparaganoBSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEAAssociate Dean for Research and InnovationProfessor of Health and BiotechnologyNorthumbria UniversitySchool of Health, Community and Education Studies

Guest guest

Very good work Terry ! That sounds promising to me ! I did have photos of my bites,but deleted them after no doctor provided any help whatsoever.

What a shame. How can I be of help ? I am pretty convinced that I am dealing with the red bird mite, at least it's my personal suspect...

Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >An: bird mites Gesendet: 0:45 Mittwoch, 2.Mai 2012Betreff: Contact Made, now need to figure out next steps with your help please

Hello all, I have contacted a Professor in the UK. And he responded, with interest. I basically told him all that was going on with me, with you, and that if he was interested in trying to isolate the infections due to the red mite, et al., then we would be a good starting point. I wrote to him because he already has several good published works on the mite spread of salmonella and is very interested in emerging diseases. Here is his response.

Dear Terry

Many thanks for your email below and sorry to hear about your struggle with Dermanyssus infestations. I have not managed to see where you are based? Are you in the UK? You are not the only one I can assure you as I got a phone call last week from another person breeding canaries in Wales (UK) and we start receiving reports of dermatitis due to Dermanyssus. Regarding the vector capacity it is unclear what could be transmitted through a bite or just through skin contact with this pest but as you mentioned Salmonella has been suspected for a few years now.

Regarding your own situation unfortunately fumigation does not work as it does not leave residues on walls, floors…. And all the mites hiding in cracks and crevices are almost not affected. Other persons who had similar problems used Diatomaceous powders with some success (but be aware of respiratory side effects for humans and birds), garlic extract put in water. Bayer has put on the market a new product called ByeMite which can be sprayed in the presence of birds. However as I do not know in which country you are based it is possible that some above treatments are not licenced.

Do you have photos or samples of these possible fungi infections?

Do you still have problems in your own house now you have stopped having canaries around? Please do not hesitate to give me more information as I am keen to also investigate dermatitis, human side effects related to Dermanyssus.I am trying to figure out how I can get some microscopic images of the fungi in my house. I also need photos of bite marks and anything else we think might be important. Do we know of anyone who is suffering from this that perhaps lives in the UK. I purposely left off my where-abouts as I did not want him to not consider my email due to geographic location. I am going to continue to communicate with Dr. Sparagano (following is his information) and would like to get him involved in understanding what is going on with us, and with these

co-infections. I would like to provide him with as much detail as possible. I know this may not immediately improve any of our situations, but I think it is important to have someone with credentials behind their name, so that our stories become more palatable to the health community. Google "Sparagano" and you will see that he has authored or co-authored many publications regarding Dermanyssus. I hope you all think this might be a good starting point for some investigation into this. And I need your help, thoughts, suggestions, etc. If any of you have taken photos, that would be most helpful. I am keeping my fingers crossed, Terry

Professor Olivier Sparagano

BSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEA

Associate Dean for Research and Innovation

Professor of Health and Biotechnology

Northumbria UniversitySchool of Health, Community and Education Studies

Guest guest

Hi Aggi, are you still dealing with mites? If so and you think it is the bird

mite, could you collect samples? Do you also have the fungus? Samples of all

of this would be most helpful. If you can, then I might be able to find someone

to help get pictures taken.

Please let me know and thank you for your sweet offer of help on this. Terry

>

> Very good work Terry ! That sounds promising to me ! I did have photos of my

bites,but deleted them after no doctor provided any help whatsoever.

> What a shame. How can I be of help ? I am pretty convinced that I am dealing

with the red bird mite, at least it's my personal suspect...

>

>

> ________________________________

> Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >

> An: bird mites

> Gesendet: 0:45 Mittwoch, 2.Mai 2012

> Betreff: Contact Made, now need to figure out next steps with

your help please

>

>

>  

>

> Hello all, I have contacted a Professor in the UK.  And he responded, with

interest.  I basically told him all that was going on with me, with you, and

that if he was interested in trying to isolate the infections due to the red

mite, et al., then we would be a good starting point.  I wrote to him because

he already has several good published works on the mite spread of salmonella and

is very interested in emerging diseases.  Here is his response.

>

>

> Dear Terry

> Many thanks for your email below and sorry to hear about your struggle with

Dermanyssus infestations. I have not managed to see where you are based? Are you

in the UK? You are not the only one I can assure you as I got a phone call last

week from another person breeding canaries in Wales (UK) and we start receiving

reports of dermatitis due to Dermanyssus. Regarding the vector capacity it is

unclear what could be transmitted through a bite or just through skin contact

with this pest but as you mentioned Salmonella has been suspected for a few

years now.

> Regarding your own situation unfortunately fumigation does not work as it does

not leave residues on walls, floors…. And all the mites hiding in cracks

and crevices are almost not affected. Other persons who had similar problems

used Diatomaceous powders with some success (but be aware of respiratory side

effects for humans and birds), garlic extract put in water. Bayer has put on the

market a new product called ByeMite which can be sprayed in the presence of

birds. However as I do not know in which country you are based it is possible

that some above treatments are not licenced.

> Do you have photos or samples of these possible fungi infections?

> Do you still have problems in your own house now you have stopped having

canaries around?

> Please do not hesitate to give me more information as I am keen to also

investigate dermatitis, human side effects related to Dermanyssus.

>

> I am trying to figure out how I can get some microscopic images of the fungi

in my house.  I also need photos of bite marks and anything else we think might

be important.  Do we know of anyone who is suffering from this that perhaps

lives in the UK.  I purposely left off my where-abouts as I did not want him to

not consider my email due to geographic location.  I am going to continue to

communicate with Dr. Sparagano (following is his information) and would like to

get him involved in understanding what is going on with us, and with these

co-infections.  I would like to provide him with as much detail as possible. 

>

> I know this may not immediately improve any of our situations, but I think it

is important to have someone with credentials behind their name, so that our

stories become more palatable to the health community.  Google " Sparagano " and

you will see that he has authored or co-authored many publications regarding

Dermanyssus.  I hope you all think this might be a good starting point for some

investigation into this.  And I need your help, thoughts, suggestions, etc. 

If any of you have taken photos, that would be most helpful. 

>

> I am keeping my fingers crossed, Terry

>

>

>

> Professor Olivier Sparagano

> BSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEA

> Associate Dean for Research and Innovation

> Professor of Health and Biotechnology

> Northumbria UniversitySchool of Health, Community and Education Studies

>