RemedySpot.com

Diagnostic Procedure for Lyme and Co-Infections: Programmable?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

One thing my new LLMD said that I didn't have time to question (I didn't have time to really ask any of my questions, there were so many basics to cover, and he wanted to obtain a diagnosis if there was one to obtain):He said something about much of the diagnostic process--for Lyme? co-infections? (not sure which, missed that) being clinical, meaning that the doctor evaluates the symptoms that present and diagnoses based on that rather than or primary to lab tests. And that is how he ruled out Babesiosis (for sure) and Bartonella (I think, like I say, the visit whizzed past) for me, and that is also how he diagnosed Lyme for me. I could see him checking off things in his mind as he asked me questions. Check,

could be Lyme, but not conclusive. Check, could be Lyme, two Checks--more likely to be Lyme. Another Check, Check, and then the last Check was the Twelfth Nerve Palsy, and Checkmate, he diagnosed Lyme. That was it. The man is brilliant, he has the whole database in his head. The two wet swab tests he gave in the office were to determine if I have a systemic yeast infection - he said I do not. The tests he ordered at LabCorp were to identify mycoplasma, tuberculosis, staph, and the fourth test is the Western Blot Serum test. He also instructed me to get a chest x-ray at home (cheaper at Army post) so I have called for an appointment for one of those. That will help him determine if I have Tuberculosis. I asked him if he has ever

taught this and he said he has tried. I got the impression that there is a general lack of interest. I'm going to ask him if he will work with me to develop a database to help less brilliant doctors who happen to want to help make more accurate diagnoses. I don't know when I will find time for this, but it needs to be done...Suggestions? Volunteers? Any database programmers out there? If so, you can contact me privately if you wish at kajay@....Kajay