RemedySpot.com

ORE part 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thanks for the info kanika, i actually wrote the question wrong.I knew these were given, i wanted to ask doses of these From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 21:37 Subject: RE: ORE PART 2

warfrin effect is enhanced by antifungals like fluconazole,ketoconazole(actually azoles)griseofluvin and alternatives could be nystanin and amphotericin.(scully)

Well nt given in scully i guess.If u come to know do let us know as well.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- RE: ORE PART 2

warfrin effect is enhanced by antifungals like fluconazole,ketoconazole(actually azoles)griseofluvin and alternatives could be nystanin and amphotericin.(scully)

NystatinSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:45:51 +0000 (GMT) < >Reply Subject: RE: ORE PART 2 Which antifungal is recommended for pts on warfarin?

nystatin is 100,000 units 4 tea spoon 4 times a day for seven daysamphotericin is 1mg test dose over 20-30 mins then 250 micrograms per day increasing to 1mg or 1.5 mg over a course of 2-4 days From: "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> Sent: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 21:42 Subject: Re: RE: ORE PART 2

Well nt given in scully i guess.If u come to know do let us know as well.Sent from Samsung Mobile

thanks dear.hope to remember all these doses..our cerebellum has lot of work to do.lol From: Aqsa Fatima Burki <aqsaburki@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 11 January 2012 9:55 PM Subject: Re: RE: ORE PART 2

nystatin is 100,000 units 4 tea spoon 4 times a day for seven daysamphotericin is 1mg test dose over 20-30 mins then 250 micrograms per day increasing to 1mg or 1.5 mg over a course of 2-4 days From: "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> Sent: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 21:42 Subject: Re: RE: ORE PART 2

Are the doses really important to remember??? Please can anyone tell ....?? bcoz ive been advised that only very important doses are ebough ..thanksSent from my iPhoneOn 11 Jan 2012, at 20:47, Zahid Ahmad <zahiddentalsurgeon@...> wrote:

nystatin or amphoteracin...no ----> ozols Dr.Zahid From: aqsaburki@...Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:45:51 +0000Subject: RE: ORE PART 2

Which antifungal is recommended for pts on warfarin?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,I have sent the following email to GDC and need everyone's support. I have seen until you do not push you do not get. If we have to suffer for all this then let these guys (GDC) make an appropriate reply. They just can not keep us in dark and rip us of as they want.Please write up your thoughts and in case you want me to communicate anything to GDC please feel free.Regards,Anushka ----- Forwarded

Message ----- From: UK Dentistry <overseasdentistry@...> anishkaanushka@... Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 23:14 Subject: Fwd: ORE Part 2 Hi,We need to take a stand guys.---------- Forwarded message ----------From: UK Dentistry <overseasdentistry@...>

Date: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:02 PMSubject: Re: ORE Part 2"Examinations (020 7009 2780)" <examinations@...>Dear ,Thanks for your reply, please find my comprehensive writeup below for which you have not answered.

1) If the exam fees is less then how much does GDC (General Dental Council) charges from UK national BDS Graduate studying in UK universities. We have not seen any graduate paying this kind of fees for a 3 day exam. We appreciate that you have not increased the fees but it is already too high for any candidate to pay. Also to contribute in this exam a candidate has to do various courses viz Royal college of surgeons, Eastman Institute. They also charge approximately £1000 for 3 days crash courses, this cost is again exorbitantly high. So in totality GDC earns a good chunk of money from various institutes. We wish you could share the actual exam costs v/s exam fees but we know you are going to say that it is confidential; again GDC (ORE-1 and ORE-2) fees is higher than GMC (General Medical Council) ( PLAB-1 and PLAB-2) fees.

We have got a query here, if the above mentioned colleges charge £1000 for 3 days then why GDC charges £2250 for 3 day exams? We are sorry to say that your explanation is not quite right!2) The passing percentage of this exam is dreadful. Please can you comment on the same. The more candidates you fail then more money GDC (General Dental Council) can earn from this activity. It is as simple as that.

For GMC (General Medical Council) UK government gets the Non EU doctors and processes their registration numbers for free i.e. without conducting any exams. My query is why GDC doesn't follow the same pattern. As from one country, UK is getting doctors but the logic behind not getting the dentists is not clear. Please can you explain? For candidates who have not passed in examinations have to pay high fees every time. The dentists will serve the country as like doctors so why there is difference in treatment.

3) Now moving on to booking method EPAY. It is just not right. You have not answered that why you don't follow the same system for A-Levels and GCSE's? Yesterday, we logged on to the system at 14:00 hours and at 14:30:30 the seats were filled in. Just in 30 seconds? So where is first come first serve basis? It is not a cattle market where you let 800 odd people to go and sit on 100 seats. Please look into the system as people who are waiting for an year or two still have to wait. We think your previous system was better where you sent invite to only 100 people (on waiting list) and if the seats were not filled in you move on to the next lot based on how long that candidate has been waiting for the exam. Improvement has to be there.

4) The reason you have backlog is you never conducted exams last year and the passing percentage was too low. 5) The fair and explicit refers to a policy common for all students. If this exam has to be there then UK National BDS graduates must be entitled and undergo same exam. No matter if you are of different race the policy has to be same. If you say it is same then kindly split this exam with 50% students ( Studying Dentistry in UK) and 50% students (giving this ORE Exam). The standards has to be equal for all candidates. Can you implement this change?

This email is self explainatory and the language which we are using is simple and understandable. Therefore, we request you to answer each of our queries in a proper manner as we candidates are really annoyed with the standards set out by GDC for overseas candidates; this seems xenophobic to us. And we would like to complaint against the standards.

We wish you could be in our situation so you would have understood our point of view, where you need to dole out such a huge amount of money and the complete process is so stressful and frustrating.Being dentists, our prime motto is to help and support patients that is what we are taught in our education. So please make GDC an organisation which proudely serves for a right cause. Kindly treat us overseas dentists in a better way and not as the way you treat us currently!

We want resolutions with what improvements GDC can do, we need clear and proper replies as we are the sufferers!Regards,Overseas Dentists Group

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Examinations (020 7009 2780) <examinations@...> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

Since the last Part 2 exam was held 7-10 April 2011 we have held one Part 1 exam in August 2011. We do not profit from the ORE, it costs more to run the exam than we charge in fees (the fee has remained the same since 2007).

The ePay system does not allow candidates progress through the system if all the places have already been allocated. In this instance the system is not crashing or disorganised, it is preventing the candidates from entering payment details into the system when there are no further places available.

The GDC has a regulatory responsibility to ensure that overseas qualified dentists meet the standard of a 'just passed' UK BDS graduate. The ORE is designed for this purpose and is overseen by our own external examiners.

I am unclear what you mean by the absence on a fair and explicit ORE policy. If you are able to elucidate I will attempt to answer you.

I have tried to pick out the questions in your email below but if I have missed anything please get back to me.

Yours faithfully

Davies

Exams Team Manager

General Dental Council

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7009 2775

Fax: +44 (0) 20 7009 2748

Email: jdavies@...

Web: www.gdc-uk.org

GDC| Protecting patients, regulating the dental team

SAVE PAPER - Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary

What a shame (exam booking in GDC- UK)

Dear GDC Exam Team,

I hope you won't treat this email as first come first basis. Kindly give it the priority as I have lost my patience and can not overcome my stress levels! Your new system is like Who wants to be a millionaire! Let us play fastest fingers first.

Is this booking method real or virtual? Last time I tried to login for booking March exam and I could not get through, today I tried again for May exam but no joy. When I try to reach you then you easily say there are 800 people in waiting so better luck next time. There is no empathy, in ORE exam we are advised that you have to show sympathy for a concern otherwise we deduct marks. I wish we could rank you too.

You have surely been to school or college's in UK? Please advise, was this the method adopted for booking, GCSE's or A-levels? I suggest you must request the education minister to follow your said pattern of first come first serve basis.

Secondly, I see the system for ORE is Xenophobic. Why there is different rules and regulations for dentists studying in UK. We must have a fair and clear policy for all. After all we live in a social world and UK itself means United Kingdom. Where people live unitedly.

The method should be clear/ explicit for all people i.e. rich and poor.

I have a plan, please get 50% students ( Studying Dentistry in UK) and 50% students (giving this ORE Exam). Let us imply this as it will be a fair policy. Isn't it?

I am a most civilised person but this exam system has checked my patience.

Firstly, the exams were not open for a year which led to too many people in pipeline; since you still conducted part-1 to make money.

Now again you will get more ORE part-1 candidates in this and the waiting list for ORE part 2 candidates will increase gradually. Please do not be a money minting institute. After all it is hard earned money for which we pay tax to government.

Then after a good wait, it comes to that very moment where we get email from GDC that we are opening exams for part-2. Since morning you wait for this very moment and then you realise that there is nothing in your EPAY system. It is one of the most unorganised site I have ever been to! I think you may have seen that movie (gone in 30 seconds). That is what I feel when you publish the exam dates. Booking exam is just a joke.

Please let me know what action plans you propose for us as we are the sufferers where the exam fees is £2250 and to sit in this exam you have to spend another few 5 grands from your pocket. The results are too shabby that you need a lot of courage as the passing percentage is mear 8%~35%. I have studied from very well reputed college and when I sat in ORE it was just not right!

Please let me know what you can do to overcome this and what improvement methods you can opt for "FAIR AND EXPLICIT POLICY" for all overseas dentists.

In case I have to cascade this to any MP please feel free to write it to me.

Regards,

Overseas Dentists Group

If you have received this email in error please read on:

The material transmitted in this email and attachments is intended only

for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed and may contain

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended

recipient, or the message contains information relating to a third party

apparently included in error, please do not review, re transmit, share,

disclose, print, store or take any action in reliance on its contents in

any way whatsoever.

If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender on

telephone number 020 7887 3800, delete the material from any computer

and destroy any copies made, alternatively email

mailto:Information@...

Communications transmitted over the Internet are not always secure. The

process of transmission may have infected the message and its contents

with a computer virus or other malware. The General Dental Council will

not accept any responsibility whatsoever for damage caused to the

recipient's computer systems when the message or contents are opened.

SUPPLIERS: For important changes to the General Dental Council’s

ordering arrangements, please consult the suppliers page on the GDC

website at this address -

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Partner+organisation/Suppliers.htm

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi I just did for ore part2

On Mar 29, 2012 2:38 PM, " Ana carolina Soares dunlop " <anadunlop@...> wrote:

Hi guys, who have managed to book?

Thanks,

Ana

Guest guest

what time did you get it exactly ??? From: renuka goud <rgoud002@...> Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012,

14:50 Subject: Re: ORE part 2

On Mar 29, 2012 2:38 PM, "Ana carolina Soares dunlop" <anadunlop@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Ana

Guest guest

hi,well done and good luch for the examhow did you manage to book it as I couldnt get through the card payment?I would appreciate if you could reply.thankselena From: renuka goud <rgoud002@...> Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:50 PM Subject: Re: ORE part 2

Thanks,

Ana

Guest guest

Hi Elena,

You just have to follow the GDC guideline page and nothing else, system might be slow but it will book if you try at right time.

Did you really tried to book exam today as you sound very cool while asking this....

cheers

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Elena Labi <elena_labi@...> wrote:

hi,

well done and good luch for the exam

how did you manage to book it as I couldnt get through the card payment?

I would appreciate if you could reply.

thanks

elena

Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:50 PM Subject: Re: ORE part 2

Thanks,

Ana

Guest guest

hi,Thanks for replying back. Yes i was trying to book the exam today,I did follow all the steps ,except that when i wanted to make the payment with 1 card the system was not responding at all.Did you get through as soon as it was opened or did you try a few times ? regards,elena From: shilpa shrivastava <shilpa.20shrivastava@...> Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:01 PM Subject: Re: ORE part 2

Hi Elena,

You just have to follow the GDC guideline page and nothing else, system might be slow but it will book if you try at right time.

Did you really tried to book exam today as you sound very cool while asking this....

cheers

hi,

thanks

elena

Thanks,

Ana

Guest guest

Hi Elena,

I tried it just once and it went through but I do understand that this has happened to many people, might be it just a case of when you get in and click on card payment.

I also understand that exam booking online does not give every candidate an equal opportunity to book the exam and I have also pursued this with GDC but it seems they least bothered about this as long as they have full seats booked for an exam.

Cheers

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Elena Labi <elena_labi@...> wrote:

hi,

Thanks for replying back.

Yes i was trying to book the exam today,I did follow all the steps ,except that when i wanted to make the payment with 1 card the system was not responding at all.

Did you get through as soon as it was opened or did you try a few times ?

regards,elena

Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:01 PM Subject: Re: ORE part 2

Hi Elena,

cheers

hi,

thanks

elena

Thanks,

Ana