RemedySpot.com

Identity Theft

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Josie, I can't imagine how frightened you must have been when the sheriff came to your door. The same is true of my mother and me - we both are a mess - my mother is 90 years old. It sure is great to have a forum like this. Connie As I have said, I was a homebound full time caregiver for my invalid mother, and I was sick myself. I almost never left the house. One day only a few weeks after my mother died at 102, a sheriff from another county came to my door with his

handcuffs out. He was going to arrest me. To make a very long, very horrible story short, a woman who lived across the street and one door down had observed the shape my mother and I were in, had assumed my address, though not my identity, thank God. She used my house as collateral for a home equipty loan, which she got in another county some distance from here. The lending institution did not check to make sure she actually owned the house. They loaned her the money, she did not make payments, and they came to arrest me. I also tried to make some much needed extra money by starting a book business on half.com. They require lots of info about you so they can be sure you are real and legit. I began selling books the first day, and I was delighted. Within

one week, however, they notified me that my account and identifying info had been hacked. I had to change my bank account, my credit card numbers, etc. etc. It was horrible. I also closed the book business. They could not assure me the same thing would not happen again. When you are sick, you simply cannot handle this additional stress. Josie Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

• 5 months later...

I Suppose you could just put Address on request and once you trust the

company then give them your address.

Chris

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Ian Sharpe

Sent: 14 February 2008 08:23

Subject: Identity Theft and Seafast

Chaps,

I'm going to moderate this thread as its really not going anywhere and

its

starting to get inflammatory and somewhat off topic.

Those that wish to send their CV's to Clive, please do so, those that

are

worried about identity theft, the solution is relatively simply, don't

send

your CV in...... not that I am implying seafast and identity theft are

related however it seems to be a concern for a minority of members with

all

companies, I realise that identity theft could be relevant to the remote

medic so if you do wish to continue to discuss it please do so but put

it

under a clear subject heading so those not interested do not have to

read