According to scully 5th edition in 2005 we give

penicillin v 250 mg or amoxicillin 500 mg 4 times daily for 7 days to reduce

secondary haemorrhage

What do u think?? that's ORE question

Balsam

Sent from my iPhone

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Lust found this article...not sure if it s up to date enough, as guidelines keep chancing, but it seemed ok: http://www.wfh.org/2/docs/Publications/Dental_Care/TOH-40_Dental_treatment.pdf

I have copied and pasted an exert that seems relevant:

4. Post-operative period

The patient must be given detailed postoperative

instructions:

• No mouth rinsing for 24 hours;

• No smoking for 24 hours;

• Soft diet for 24 hours;

• No strenuous activities for 24 hours;

• Prescribed medication must be taken as

instructed;

• Analgesia should be prescribed for use if

required;

• Salt-water mouthwashes (1 teaspoon of salt

in a glass of warm water) should be used

four times a day starting the day after the

extraction for 7 days [27];

• Antibacterial mouthwash may be used;

• Emergency contact details must be given to

the patient in case of problems.

Post-extraction hemorrhage

Careful pre-operative planning and the use of

antifibrinolytic agents will prevent many postoperative

problems [28]. However, postextraction

bleeding will occur on occasion. If

post-extraction hemorrhage occurs:

Contact the hemophilia unit and consider using

additional factor concentrate.

Inspect the site of the bleed. If there is any

evidence of a tear in the gingiva or other

obvious bleeding point this should be treated

using local measures as previously described.

If anyone knows otherwise, let us know...

Cheers

And

From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>Subject: Haemophilia Date: Friday, 2 March, 2012, 11:15

According to scully 6th we give oral pencillin V or amoxicillin post operatively to reduce risk of secondary haemorrhage after extraction for patients with haemophilia ., infections induce fibrinolysis.Although I heard that no antibiotics is given as prophylaxis unless there is systemic involvement . What do u think mates? Is there any updated website to check that in?Many thanks Balsam

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

Hi,

Many thanks Ana, and balsam, as far as i know , no Ab required unless presence of preoperative infection .

plz correct me if wrong.

Ahmed.

From: Ana carolina Soares dunlop <anadunlop@...> Sent: Friday, 2 March 2012, 14:17Subject: Fw: Re: Haemophilia

Lust found this article...not sure if it s up to date enough, as guidelines keep chancing, but it seemed ok: http://www.wfh.org/2/docs/Publications/Dental_Care/TOH-40_Dental_treatment.pdf

I have copied and pasted an exert that seems relevant:

4. Post-operative period The patient must be given detailed postoperative instructions: • No mouth rinsing for 24 hours; • No smoking for 24 hours; • Soft diet for 24 hours; • No strenuous activities for 24 hours; • Prescribed medication must be taken as instructed; • Analgesia should be prescribed for use if required; • Salt-water mouthwashes (1 teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water) should be used four times a day starting the day after the extraction for 7 days [27]; • Antibacterial mouthwash may be used; • Emergency contact details must be given to the patient in case of problems. Post-extraction hemorrhage Careful pre-operative planning and the use of antifibrinolytic agents will prevent many postoperative problems [28]. However, postextraction bleeding will occur on occasion. If post-extraction hemorrhage occurs: Contact the hemophilia unit and consider using additional factor concentrate. Inspect the site of the bleed. If there is any evidence of a tear in the gingiva or other obvious bleeding point this should be treated using local measures as previously described.

If anyone knows otherwise, let us know...

Cheers

And

From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>Subject: Haemophilia Date: Friday, 2 March, 2012, 11:15

According to scully 6th we give oral pencillin V or amoxicillin post operatively to reduce risk of secondary haemorrhage after extraction for patients with haemophilia ., infections induce fibrinolysis.Although I heard that no antibiotics is given as prophylaxis unless there is systemic involvement . What do u think mates? Is there any updated website to check that in?Many thanks Balsam

Sent from my iPad