RemedySpot.com

Re: squiveland matrix retainer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wide matrix band used for molars

And

Narrow one for primary teeth and premolars.

Sent from on Android

Kowser Malik <kowsermalik@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

squiveland matrix retainer

Sent:

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 1:42:35 PM

Hi,Can some1 pls tell me which squiveland matrix retainer is better wide or narrow, which one do they give in exam?

so, is it better to go for wide one since we need to do class2 and MOD on upper 6? From: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...> " " < >; "kowsermalik@..." <kowsermalik@...> Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 16:11

Subject: Re: squiveland matrix retainer

And

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Hi,Can some1 pls tell me which squiveland matrix retainer is better wide or narrow, which one do they give in exam?

where are you? have been waiting Vx From: Kowser Malik <kowsermalik@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 13:42 Subject: squiveland matrix retainer

Yes, if you will use the narrow one then you will get overhanging inter proximally.

For u6, I ll use wide matrix band.

On the otherhand If use wide one on premolars then you will have problem with occlusion...

Sent from on Android

Syed Mehdi <mehdisyed41@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 4:17:28 PM

so, is it better to go for wide one since we need to do class2 and MOD on upper 6? From: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...> " " < >; " kowsermalik@... " <kowsermalik@...> Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 16:11

And

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Dear The principle is the height of crown and extent of cavity, for manikin min 2mm below the of the box and 1mm above the marginal ridge occlusion surface, it should not be any higher then this otherwise access is compromised adaptation to tooth is the key.for manikin min 6 mm.the thikness of matrix is 0.05 mm,smooth,strong.Zahid Ahmad ; mehdisyed41@...From: ahmedbee@...Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:44:04 +0000Subject: Re: squiveland matrix retainer

Yes, if you will use the narrow one then you will get overhanging inter proximally.

On the otherhand If use wide one on premolars then you will have problem with occlusion...

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

so, is it better to go for wide one since we need to do class2 and MOD on upper 6? From: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...> " " < >; "kowsermalik@..." <kowsermalik@...> Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 16:11

And

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Dear, i am talking about the difference between the narrow and wide matrix band, not about ideal cavity and how its done on manikin. The use of martrix band should not affect your cavity design. As the main function of the martix band is to retain amalgam during condensation , to permits the close adaption of the amalgam/composite to cervical and axial margins and to help restore the contact area and contour of the crown. Most of the martix band are about 0.5mm they are standard, but we not talking about how thin the martix band are but about narrow and wide so regarding its width ( if u have seen the narrow and wide one then you would have understood what i meant when i gave example of the narrow matrix band being used in molar as it wont cover it properly on the contact points. as the band lower edges should lie just over the cervical margin. The siquvleland band should then further adapted to the tooth by using wood wedge also known as cervical wedge!When we talk about the why matrix band is thin so it can bend easily and adapt to the certain tooth morphology in particular to cervical margins and to restore the contact with adjacent tooth to be restored. ok coming back to band width - the width of the band should allow it to extend 1mm above the margianal ridge to allow for over packing only in amalgam, but it should not be too tall as the access will be restricted. Sent from on Android From: Zahid Ahmad <zahiddentalsurgeon@...> Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 19:33 Subject: RE: squiveland matrix

retainer

Dear The principle is the height of crown and extent of cavity, for manikin min 2mm below the of the box and 1mm above the marginal ridge occlusion surface, it should not be any higher then this otherwise access is compromised adaptation to tooth is the key.for manikin min 6 mm.the thikness of matrix is 0.05 mm,smooth,strong.Zahid Ahmad ; mehdisyed41@...From: ahmedbee@...Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:44:04 +0000Subject: Re: squiveland matrix retainer

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

And

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent: