RemedySpot.com

Re: Manikin PFM on premolar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi simriti, DP area in crown cutting is the most diffiicult, when examiner comes he checks this are first all the crown is cut under direct vision , but this small area is cut under indirect vision , keep hand piece head parallel to the occlusal surface , and keep bur parallel to the long axis of tooth , no angulation , keep bur straight , DP area cut slowly , first use the 170L , then 767 VF ( yellow colour ), proxomally use 260 flame or needle shape to create space 1st

,then 170L then 767 VF use wedges or plastic instrument to avoid touching next tooth , when doing DP area look for the examiner , because you have to bend and stretch mouth for convenience , he can be pain in the neck , Chamfer margin in this area should be smooth , continuous , margin should be half the thickness of 767 all around ,You can cut rest of the tooth quickly and go to this area , give more time to this area, work slowly use probe at the end to find any sticking

area , remove that , No undercuts , for parallel line of insertion cut the 2 proximal surfaces exactly parallel to each otherBest wishes From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Friday, 27 January 2012, 13:30 Subject: Manikin PFM on premolar.

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the disto-palatal aspect of crown prep on a premolar(or molar). All my preparations are rough in that region and no matter how I place myself or the mirror I can't visualize that area. I have uploaded a few pics of my premolar prep. I've marked that area with a pencil in some of the pics. Kindly help and please give feedback in general as well in regards to the preparation. I ll be very grateful.

Thanks and Regards,

Smriti

PFM or FGC Distopalatal area for better view tilt the maniquin head left / right up / down according to your convenience. From: Farhat Rizvi <farhatrizvi_786@...> " " < > Sent:

Friday, 27 January 2012, 15:04 Subject: Re: Manikin PFM on premolar.

Hi simriti, DP area in crown cutting is the most diffiicult, when examiner comes he checks this are first all the crown is cut under direct vision , but this small area is cut under indirect vision , keep hand piece head parallel to the occlusal surface , and keep bur parallel to the long axis of tooth , no angulation , keep bur straight , DP area cut slowly , first use the 170L , then 767 VF ( yellow colour ), proxomally use 260 flame or needle

shape to create space 1st

,then 170L then 767 VF use wedges or plastic instrument to avoid touching next tooth , when doing DP area look for the examiner , because you have to bend and stretch mouth for convenience , he can be pain in the neck , Chamfer margin in this area should be smooth , continuous , margin should be half the thickness of 767 all around ,You can cut rest of the tooth quickly and go to this area , give more time to this area, work slowly use probe at the end to find any sticking

area , remove that , No undercuts , for parallel line of insertion cut the 2 proximal surfaces exactly parallel to each otherBest wishes From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Friday, 27 January 2012, 13:30 Subject: Manikin PFM on premolar.

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the disto-palatal aspect of crown prep on a premolar(or molar). All my preparations are rough in that region and no matter how I place myself or the mirror I can't visualize that area. I have uploaded a few pics of my premolar prep. I've marked that area with a pencil in some of the pics. Kindly help and please give feedback in general as well in regards to the preparation. I ll be very grateful.

Thanks and Regards,

Smriti

Hi Farhat,

Thank you soooo much for your detailed guidance. It is veryyy helpful... I ll

definitely try it in my next prep.. Did you see the pics I uploaded? Could you

please let me know what your opinion.

Thank you ever so much for your time and effort..

Thanks a lot..............

Regards,

Smriti

>

> PFM or FGC Distopalatal area 

> * for better  view  tilt the maniquin head left / right  up /  down

according to your convenience.

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Farhat Rizvi <farhatrizvi_786@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 27 January 2012, 15:04

> Subject: Re: Manikin PFM on premolar.

>

>

>  

> Hi simriti, 

> * DP area in crown cutting is the most diffiicult,  when examiner comes  he

checks this are first 

> * all the crown is cut under direct vision , but this small area is  cut

under indirect  vision ,

> *  keep hand piece head  parallel to the occlusal surface , and keep bur

parallel to the long axis of tooth , no angulation , keep bur straight , 

> * DP area cut slowly , first use the 170L , then 767 VF ( yellow colour ),

> *  proxomally use 260 flame or needle shape to create space  1st ,

> * then 170L

> *  then 767 VF

> *  use    wedges or plastic instrument to avoid touching next tooth  , 

> * when doing DP area  look   for the examiner  , because you have to bend

and stretch mouth for convenience , he can be pain in the neck , 

> * Chamfer  margin in this area should be smooth , continuous , 

> *  margin should be half the thickness of 767 all around ,

> * You can cut rest of the tooth quickly  and go to this area ,   give more

time to this area, work slowly 

> *  use probe at the  end to find any sticking area , remove that , No

undercuts , 

> * for parallel  line of insertion  cut the 2 proximal surfaces  exactly

parallel to each other

> Best wishes 

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, 27 January 2012, 13:30

> Subject: Manikin PFM on premolar.

>

>

>  

> Hi,

>

> Can anyone please help me with the disto-palatal aspect of crown prep on a

premolar(or molar). All my preparations are rough in that region and no matter

how I place myself or the mirror I can't visualize that area. I have uploaded a

few pics of my premolar prep. I've marked that area with a pencil in some of the

pics. Kindly help and please give feedback in general as well in regards to the

preparation. I ll be very grateful.

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Smriti

>