RemedySpot.com

Re: past ore/perio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think all the inflammatory cells..?? I had a look at the blue book & it says gcf contains leukocytes.. Its an intresting question.. Looking forward to hear others answersSent from my iPhoneOn 14 Jan 2012, at 23:09, Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...> wrote:

Hi Guys

What are the cells that is not present in a healthy periodontal ligament?

well...interesting questionhealthy peridontium has pmn,mast cells,macrophages and lymphocytes.these cells are nt the sign of any pathological change and gingiva has its features like coral pink color and all normal things.During initial lesion,there will be increase in neutrophills but will refined themselves with in gingival sulcus and loss of perivascular collagen occurs due to enzymes released by extravasating leukocytes which makes gingiva to look red .Well if we have options then it would be much easier but want to hear from others as well. From: hossain.sabreena <hossain.sabreena@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 15 January 2012 12:19 AM Subject: Re: past ore/perio

I think all the inflammatory cells..?? I had a look at the blue book & it says gcf contains leukocytes.. Its an intresting question.. Looking forward to hear others answersSent from my iPhoneOn 14 Jan 2012, at 23:09, Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...> wrote:

Hi Guys

Dear allI don't know what cells are found in healthy gingiva and that's very good questionBut I want to add about what kanika mentioned I think gingiva looks red during inflammation due to vasodilation as part of the inflammatory defence not due to enzymes released .Enzymes released by neutrophil will cause tissue destruction .Would like to know from others about this question RegardsBalsamSent from my iPadOn 15 Jan 2012, at 00:46, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

well...interesting questionhealthy peridontium has pmn,mast cells,macrophages and lymphocytes.these cells are nt the sign of any pathological change and gingiva has its features like coral pink color and all normal things.During initial lesion,there will be increase in neutrophills but will refined themselves with in gingival sulcus and loss of perivascular collagen occurs due to enzymes released by extravasating leukocytes which makes gingiva to look red .Well if we have options then it would be much easier but want to hear from others as well. From: hossain.sabreena <hossain.sabreena@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 15 January 2012 12:19 AM Subject: Re: past ore/perio

Hi Guys

I completely agree wd u that that gingiva become red when vascularisation increases or epithelial keratinisation decreases. Loss of perivascular collagen occurs; it is thought that this is due to the degradative enzymes released by extravasating leukocytes. When this occurs the gums will appear bright red and either bulbous or rounded, from all the excess fluid building up in the infected area and initial lesion starts to appear.hope i am clear this time and thanks for your info.regardskanika From: Balsam Majid <balsam_majid@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 15 January 2012 10:47 AM Subject: Re: past

ore/perio

Dear allI don't know what cells are found in healthy gingiva and that's very good questionBut I want to add about what kanika mentioned I think gingiva looks red during inflammation due to vasodilation as part of the inflammatory defence not due to enzymes released .Enzymes released by neutrophil will cause tissue destruction .Would like to know from others about this question RegardsBalsamSent from my iPadOn 15 Jan 2012, at 00:46, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi Guys