RemedySpot.com

operative dentistry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi everyonethere is an alternative technique for class 1V in churchill on page no 248 if anyone could explain me that would be very helpful because i didnt get how matrix is used to provide support.any help would be appreciated.regardskanika

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

1.Transillumination3. I think Gic as lesion is nt that large4. ceramic onlay5.length as long post is favourable and extending to within 5-6mm of root apex is ideal.correct me if i am wrong. From: ebtessam <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 3:20 PM Subject: operative

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

TO DETERMINE A TOOTH FRACTURE:

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

2.CAUSE OF PAIN 2 YEARS AFTER ENDO TTT

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

B. DENTINE BONDING AGENT AND COMPOSITE

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

6. a pic of a red posr?????????????

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

HI KANIKATHANKS FOR ANSWERING1 FOR THE FIRST QUESTION THE feedbacks did n`t specify whether the fracture is in the crown or the root in the exam if they said crown fracture anterior: then transilluminationroot fracture ; x-raywhat do u think????????, if they did n`t specify then its transillumination???????3. why not composite, is n`t GI TEMPORARY 4 WHY did u choose ceramic , metal onlay will need less tooth reduction and there is already tooth loss from erosion pus ceramic will caus emore abrasion in the opposing toothby the way in acute pulpitis : necrosis can

occur even n the absence of chronic inflammatory cells, I ma mentioning this for ur question earlier regarding the pusthe one u choose is the correct answer : pus dead neutrophlis, tissue exudate, cellular debris, dead bacteria, protyolitic enzyme. that then become walled off by a zone of fibrosis that is then surrounded by chronic inflammatory cells.thanks for ur helpI really appreciate itbest regardsebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < >

Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 16:24 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

1.Transillumination3. I think Gic as lesion is nt that large4. ceramic onlay5.length as long post is favourable and extending to within 5-6mm of root apex is ideal.correct me if i am wrong. From: ebtessam <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 3:20 PM Subject: operative

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

hiI just found that the red post is duralay taken for a direct impression for the prepared root canal for a costume made post.ebtisam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 16:35 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

HI KANIKATHANKS FOR ANSWERING1 FOR THE FIRST QUESTION THE feedbacks did n`t specify whether the fracture is in the crown or the root in the exam if they said crown fracture anterior: then transilluminationroot fracture ; x-raywhat do u think????????, if they did n`t specify then its transillumination???????3. why not composite, is n`t GI TEMPORARY 4 WHY did u choose ceramic , metal onlay will need less tooth reduction and there is already tooth loss from erosion pus ceramic will caus emore abrasion in the opposing toothby the way in acute pulpitis : necrosis can

occur even n the absence of chronic inflammatory cells, I ma mentioning this for ur question earlier regarding the pusthe one u choose is the correct answer : pus dead neutrophlis, tissue exudate, cellular debris, dead bacteria, protyolitic enzyme. that then become walled off by a zone of fibrosis that is then surrounded by chronic inflammatory cells.thanks for ur helpI really appreciate itbest regardsebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < >

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi,Could you please help me with the following questions?Q28 You are trying in a partial chrome denture framework which fails to seat properly. It fits the master cast.

What is the most likely cause of this problem?

A. Insufficient expansion of the investment material

B. Distortion of the impression

C. Contraction of the metal framework during casting

D. Failure to block out unwanted undercuts

E. Complex denture design

Q40 Membranes of expanded polytetrafluorethylene have been designed for periodontal regenerative techniques.

Which of the following defects will respond most predictably to regenerative therapy?

A. Shallow, wide 1-wall defect

B. Shallow, wide 2-wall defect

C. Deep, narrow 3-wall defect

D. Deep narrow 1-wall defect

E. Shallow, narrow 2-wall defect

Q41 Hamp (1975) classified furcation defects as degree I, II or III.

Which of the following is the ideal treatment for a degree II furcation involvement of a mandibular molar?

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

E. Guided Tissue Regeneration

Some books say it is tunnel prep, some say furcation plasty and some root resection for advanced class 2!!!! what do you think?

Q62 A patient presents with a history of clicking from their temporomandibular joint. This click occurs mid way through the opening cycle and is consistent. There is some pre-auricular pain and the lateral pterygoid muscle on the affected side is tender to resisted movement test. There is no trismus and the click is not present when the

patient opens from an incisor edge to edge relationship, instead of her

normal Class I occlusion. The patient would like treatment.

The most appropriate occlusal splint for this patient would be:

A. Stabilisation splint

B. Localised Occlusal Interference Splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

E. Anterior Repositioner Splint

A or E?

Many thanks,Risha From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:38 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

hiI just found that the red post is duralay taken for a direct impression for the prepared root canal for a costume made post.ebtisam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 16:35 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hiyes transillumination in crowns only and xray for root.I choose it considering esthetics in mind.we usually prefer metal onlays in posterior i guess.what u say?Gic can be used in class 3 patients given in churchill but i think sticking to composite is much better.thanks for that answer. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 4:35 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

HI KANIKATHANKS FOR ANSWERING1 FOR THE FIRST QUESTION THE feedbacks did n`t specify whether the fracture is in the crown or the root in the exam if they said crown fracture anterior: then transilluminationroot fracture ; x-raywhat do u think????????, if they did n`t specify then its transillumination???????3. why not composite, is n`t GI TEMPORARY 4 WHY did u choose ceramic , metal onlay will need less tooth reduction and there is already tooth loss from erosion pus ceramic will caus emore abrasion in the opposing toothby the way

in acute pulpitis : necrosis can

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

28. b if it was a distortion during any or the casting steps it wouldn`t have been seated on the master cast but if it fits properly on the master cast but not in the pt mouth then sth wrong with ur impression40. C A DEEP NARROW 3 WALL DEFECT ( has BETTER ABILITY TO RETAIN THE GRAFT MATERIAL).41. E is the ideal and the most expensive allow healing by regenration and the formation of new PDL instead of healing by a long junctional epithelium.62. I a not sure will ask some drs and let u know ASAPBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 16:51 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

Hi,Could you please help me with the following questions?Q28 You are trying in a partial chrome denture framework which fails to seat properly. It fits the master cast.

Q40 Membranes of expanded polytetrafluorethylene have been designed for periodontal regenerative techniques.

Which of the following defects will respond most predictably to regenerative therapy?

Which of the following is the ideal treatment for a degree II furcation involvement of a mandibular molar?

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

Some books say it is tunnel prep, some say furcation plasty and some root resection for advanced class 2!!!! what do you think?

Q62 A patient presents with a history of clicking from their temporomandibular joint. This click occurs mid way through the opening cycle and is consistent. There is some pre-auricular pain and the lateral pterygoid muscle on the affected side is tender to resisted movement test. There is no trismus and the click is not present when the

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

Many thanks,Risha From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:38 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi Ebtisam,Thanks for the answers!I agree with the 1st answer i.e distortion of the impressionCould you please give me a reference for 40?For Q 41 neither pink bookpg. 252 nor Carranza have mentioned GTR as a Rx for furcations. Rather there is a split between furcationplasty and tunnel prep. However under GTR in pink book it is given that it is now being used for furcation defects for all the reasons that you just mentioned. That leaves me a bit confused! Nevertheless I completely agree with your reasoning.Best,Risha From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:05 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

28. b if it was a distortion during any or the casting steps it wouldn`t have been seated on the master cast but if it fits properly on the master cast but not in the pt mouth then sth wrong with ur impression40. C A DEEP NARROW 3 WALL DEFECT ( has BETTER ABILITY TO RETAIN THE GRAFT MATERIAL).41. E is the ideal and the most expensive allow healing by regenration and the formation of new PDL instead of healing by a long junctional epithelium.62. I a not sure will ask some drs and let u know ASAPBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 16:51 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

master 2 for the GTR From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 17:33 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

Hi Ebtisam,Thanks for the answers!I agree with the 1st answer i.e distortion of the impressionCould you please give me a reference for 40?For Q 41 neither pink bookpg. 252 nor Carranza have mentioned GTR as a Rx for furcations. Rather there is a split between furcationplasty and tunnel prep. However under GTR in pink book it is given that it is now being used for furcation defects for all the reasons that you just mentioned. That leaves me a bit confused! Nevertheless I completely agree with your reasoning.Best,Risha From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:05 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi rishaI dont remember where i read but i read that one of the indication of GTR is mand 2 molars furcations.Though contraindicated in max 2 and 3.and regaring furcationplasty it is for shallow class 2 and tunnel prep for deep one.I would forward you that link when i will have a look upon it again. From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 5:33 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

hiI just found that the red post is duralay taken for a direct impression for the prepared root canal for a costume made post.ebtisam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March

2012, 16:35 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

HI KANIKATHANKS FOR ANSWERING1 FOR THE FIRST QUESTION THE feedbacks did n`t specify whether the fracture is in the crown or the root in the exam if they said crown fracture anterior: then transilluminationroot fracture ; x-raywhat do u think????????, if they did n`t specify then its transillumination???????3. why not composite, is n`t GI TEMPORARY 4 WHY did u choose ceramic , metal onlay will need less tooth reduction and there is already tooth loss from erosion pus ceramic will caus emore abrasion in the opposing toothby the way in acute

pulpitis : necrosis can

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi KanikaYou're right its given in Carranzza pg 972-73 10th ed what you just mentioned. However surprisingly in the chapter of furcation (Carranza) GTR is not mentioned anywhere in the treatment. Also it is not mentioned as a treatment under Furcation defects heading of pink book.But as Ebtisam pointed out its given under GTR master den 2 as treatment for furcation class 2 defects.I think I ll go with GTR.Best,Risha From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:43 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

Hi rishaI dont remember where i read but i read that one of the indication of GTR is mand 2 molars furcations.Though contraindicated in max 2 and 3.and regaring furcationplasty it is for shallow class 2 and tunnel prep for deep one.I would forward you that link when i will have a look upon it again. From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 5:33 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

hiI just found that the red post is duralay taken for a direct impression for the prepared root canal for a costume made post.ebtisam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March

HI KANIKATHANKS FOR ANSWERING1 FOR THE FIRST QUESTION THE feedbacks did n`t specify whether the fracture is in the crown or the root in the exam if they said crown fracture anterior: then transilluminationroot fracture ; x-raywhat do u think????????, if they did n`t specify then its transillumination???????3. why not composite, is n`t GI TEMPORARY 4 WHY did u choose ceramic , metal onlay will need less tooth reduction and there is already tooth loss from erosion pus ceramic will caus emore abrasion in the opposing toothby the way in acute

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT

A. METAL ONLAY

b. M-C ONLAY

c. CERAMIC ONLAY

5. success of the post

1. length

2. surface texture

3. diameter

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

Guest guest

hi guYSthat`s what we took in details in the undergraduateits mention in MANUAL OF CLINICAL PERIODONTICSBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 17:59 Subject: Re: operative dentistry

Hi KanikaYou're right its given in Carranzza pg 972-73 10th ed what you just mentioned. However surprisingly in the chapter of furcation (Carranza) GTR is not mentioned anywhere in the treatment. Also it is not mentioned as a treatment under Furcation defects heading of pink book.But as Ebtisam pointed out its given under GTR master den 2 as treatment for furcation class 2 defects.I think I ll go with GTR.Best,Risha From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:43 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

Hi rishaI dont remember where i read but i read that one of the indication of GTR is mand 2 molars furcations.Though contraindicated in max 2 and 3.and regaring furcationplasty it is for shallow class 2 and tunnel prep for deep one.I would forward you that link when i will have a look upon it again. From: Risha Hussain <drrishahussain@...> " "

< > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 5:33 PM Subject: Re: operative dentistry

A. Tunnel preparation

B. Root resection

C. Furcation plasty

D. Extraction

A. Stabilisation splint

C. Bite Raiser

D. Soft Bite Guard

A or E?

dentistry

HI ALL

NEED UR OPINION

1. COTTON WOOL

2. X RAY

3. TRANSILLUMINATION

3. SMALL CLASS 3 U APPLY

A. GIC

4.BULIMIC PT