RemedySpot.com

ore 1 questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

please answer , 1 What’s more likely to cause sickle cell crisis?

2 Cement for temporary crown: GIC, zinc phosphate,

zinc policarboxylate, resin, ZOE

3 What are lymph node seperators and it's clinical significant? 4 what combines irreversible to Hb (haemoglobin)?

From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:23 AM Subject: ore 1 questions

1) Best indication for fissure sealants ?2)Best radiograph to diagnose approximal and occlusal

caries?3)What’s the percentage of >25 years with

periodontitis in UK? 4)What’s the percentage of tooth erosion in 6

years-old and 15 years-old in uk?

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 10:41 PM Subject: Re: Fw: Regarding fluorides

And this also explains the same.hope u get it now areej. From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February

2012 10:38 PM Subject: Fw: Regarding fluorides

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 9:59 AM Subject: Re: Regarding fluorides Dear

Ashish, 1000ppm=1mg/ml given in pink book. now,that is0.1g/100ml=0.1% so when we need to convert% into pppm multiply by 10,000 then,0.023% becomes 230ppm. hope it is clear ashish.. again about the percentage of flourine that is again in pink book 0.05% NaF contains.0.023% F. regards

sajitha. Regarding fluorides Dear sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

does anybody know answers for those questions ? thank you From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent:

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:35 AM Subject: ore 1 questions

From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:23 AM Subject: ore 1 questions

1) Best indication for fissure sealants ?2)Best radiograph to diagnose approximal and occlusal

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 10:41 PM Subject: Re: Fw: Regarding fluorides

And this also explains the same.hope u get it now areej. From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 9:59 AM Subject: Re: Regarding fluorides Dear

Ashish, 1000ppm=1mg/ml given in pink book. now,that is0.1g/100ml=0.1% so when we need to convert% into pppm multiply by 10,000 then,0.023% becomes 230ppm. hope it is clear ashish.. again about the percentage of flourine that is again in pink book 0.05% NaF contains.0.023% F. regards

sajitha. Regarding fluorides Dear sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Sickle crisis is actually serve pain ans complication in a patient with sickle cell anemia.A severe attack, known as sickle cell crisis, can cause pain because blood vessels can become blocked or the defective red blood cells can damage organs in the body.The changes in the building of normal hemoglobin result in the abnormal hemoglobin of sickle cell disease. These mutated molecules do not have the smooth motion needed for oxygenation and deoxygenation. When the oxygen concentration in the blood is reduced, the red blood cell assumes the characteristic sickle shape. This causes the red blood cell to be stiff and rigid, and stops the smooth passage of the red blood cells through the narrow blood vessels.It does not take much imagination to see sharp-end "sickled" red cells stacking up in narrow blood vessels known as capillaries. When this happens, red blood cells are not able to carry oxygen to tissues, and tissue cellinjury or death occurs. Someone with sickle cell disease would be experiencing pain with this process-the sickle cell

crisis. it can be precipated by-Severe pain

is the most common of sickle cell disease emergencies (acute sickle cellcrises). A personmay not know what brought on the pain, but one or more of the following situations may have contributed to the start of the painful sickle crisis:Dehydration Infection Fever Hypoxia (decrease in oxygen to body tissue) Bleeding Cold exposure Drug and alcohol use Pregnancy and stressFourpatterns of an acute sickle cell crisis are now recognizable. They are based on the part of the body where the crisis occurs.Bone crisis: An acute or sudden pain in a bone can occur, usually in an arm or leg. The area may be tender. Common bones involved include the large

bones in the arm or leg: the humerus, tibia, and femur. The same bone may be affected repeatedly in future episodes of bone crisis. Acute chest syndrome: Sudden acute chest pain with coughing up of blood can occur. Low-grade fevers can be present. The person is usually short of

breath. If a cough is present, it often is nonproductive.Acute chest syndrome is common in a young person with sickle cell disease. Chronic (long-term) sickle cell lung disease develops with time because the acute and subacutelung crisis leads to scarred lungs and other problems. Abdominal crisis: The pain associated with the abdominal crisis of sickle cell disease is constant and sudden. It becomes unrelenting. The

pain may or maynot be localized to any one area of the abdomen. Nausea, vomiting, anddiarrhea may or may not occur. Joint crisis: Acute and painful joint crisis may develop without a significant traumatic history. Its focus iseither ina single jointor in multiple joints. Often the

connecting bony parts of the joint are painful. Range of motion is often restricted because of the pain. From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " "

< > Sent: Wednesday, 8 February 2012 11:38 PM Subject: Re: ore 1 questions

does anybody know answers for those questions ? thank you From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent:

Pit and fissures are nt effected by caries but yet they are at risk so applying pit and fissure sealants specially in decidious tooth can avoid incident of caries.it is uaually applied when initial lesion limited to enamel only.For occlusal and proximal caries we normally refer bitewings.correct me if wrong. From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 8 February 2012 11:38 PM Subject: Re: ore 1 questions

1.child with active carious lesions or the sibling of that child2.bitewing3.64% but I am not sure abt this 1 u can find it in pink book4.6yrs-27%. 15yrs-54% erosionSickle cell crisis- exerciseSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 8, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> wrote:

Hi soniaCan u please give the reference for 4th question.ThanksSent from Samsung Mobile

--- Regarding fluorides Dear sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Hi could u please provide the reference for the 4th question.Thanks and regardskanika From: <arora.sonia1410@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 9 February 2012 8:44 AM Subject: Re: ore 1 questions

1.child with active carious lesions or the sibling of that child2.bitewing3.64% but I am not sure abt this 1 u can find it in pink book4.6yrs-27%. 15yrs-54% erosionSickle cell crisis- exerciseSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 8, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> wrote:

sajitha. Regarding fluorides Dear sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do

u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

U can find it in OdellSorry I wrote the opposite5yrs-52% from these 24% lead to pulpal damage15yrs-27%from these -2%lead to pulpal damagePeriodontitis >25yrs-64% page51of pink bookSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 9, 2012, at 12:01 PM, "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi soniaCan u please give the reference for 4th question.ThanksSent from Samsung Mobile

--- Regarding fluorides Dear sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone