RemedySpot.com

Re: Storage medium for avulsed tooth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

cold milk is the best medium..!! From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 11:29 AM Subject: Storage medium for avulsed tooth

Dear friends,

What is the best storage medium for avulsed tooth?

Can we store in contact lens saline?

What are the doses of LA of different types of children ?

How long should we wait for intrusion of a permenant tooth?

Thanks everyone.

Miral

hi miral1. the best storage medium is: saliva> milk> water according to pink book pedo section I have the old 4th edition its on page 1182. the dose of LA U SHOULD KNOW THE maximum dose per kilogram then do the calculations depending on the type of la used. u will find them in master 1 according to pink book: a maximium of 2.2 ml for a 1.5y old of 10

kg maximum of 4.4 ml for a 5y old of 20 kg page 82 pink 4th edition3. for teeth with intrusion depending on the root condition: a. open apex : u will wait for a month usually they erupt on their

own if they fail to erupt then undergo orth extrusion b. closed apex: immediate orth extrusion and RCT followup for a year this is according to churchil page: 189Best regardsEbtisam From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> To:

Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 11:29 Subject: Storage medium for avulsed tooth

Dear friends,

Thanks everyone.

Miral

Dear Miral, In regards to your first question:I agree, best storage medium is inside the mouth of the patient (saliva). Be aware that you should be vigilant and ensure the child does not swallow it or have a choking episode.Hope it helpsKind regards.Luz -Ford On 10 Feb 2012, at 11:58, ebtessam elhamalawy wrote:

hi miral1. the best storage medium is: saliva> milk> water according to pink book pedo section I have the old 4th edition its on page 1182. the dose of LA U SHOULD KNOW THE maximum dose per kilogram then do the calculations depending on the type of la used. u will find them in master 1 according to pink book: a maximium of 2.2 ml for a 1.5y old of 10

kg maximum of 4.4 ml for a 5y old of 20 kg page 82 pink 4th edition3. for teeth with intrusion depending on the root condition: a. open apex : u will wait for a month usually they erupt on their

own if they fail to erupt then undergo orth extrusion b. closed apex: immediate orth extrusion and RCT followup for a year this is according to churchil page: 189Best regardsEbtisam From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> To:

Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 11:29 Subject: Storage medium for avulsed tooth

Dear friends,

Thanks everyone.

Miral

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Please note that I think Saliva is not the proper medium anymore as mentioned in

the Wikipedia .

In the pink book 5th edition p108 ,it is mentioned Saine,milk,water,air

Please Ebtessam take care of this coz it may be updated.

I think in one of the exams they asked could we store it in contact lens

saline?that is what I am not sure of.

Thanks again

Miral

HI MIRALThanks for pointing that out :)yes contact lens solution can be used but for a short time 1 hhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14998411/ From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 11:29 Subject:

Storage medium for avulsed tooth

Dear friends,

Thanks everyone.

Miral

you can store in contact lenses,and in emergency first priority is cold milk From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 20:06 Subject: Re: Storage medium for avulsed tooth

HI MIRALThanks for pointing that out :)yes contact lens solution can be used but for a short time 1 hhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14998411/ From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 11:29 Subject:

Dear friends,

Thanks everyone.

Miral

the answer is saliva..On 10 Feb 2012, at 18:47, miral_hasan wrote:

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Please note that I think Saliva is not the proper medium anymore as mentioned in the Wikipedia .

In the pink book 5th edition p108 ,it is mentioned Saine,milk,water,air

Please Ebtessam take care of this coz it may be updated.

I think in one of the exams they asked could we store it in contact lens saline?that is what I am not sure of.

Thanks again

Miral

when a tooth is avulsed.. at that particular point the patients saliva is the best medium..On 10 Feb 2012, at 20:06, ebtessam elhamalawy wrote:

Dear friends,

Thanks everyone.

Miral