RemedySpot.com

sugar intake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you eat according to either book sugar intake will be minimal

because most of the meals are not prepared with added sugar. I

personally eliminate ALL sugar during the week and eat very little of

it on my free days. Sugar is tasty but bad stuff.

>

> I am reading a lot about sugar intake- and I'm starting to worry.

I went

> through my BFL and EFL books and can't find any references to the

amount of

> sugar that is a " healthy " daily amount. Does anyone know what my

gram

> intake should be?

>

> Joy

>

>

>

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

15gm of CHO or less per serving of something is usually tolerated well.I don't go by sugar gm I do the whole CHO gm. Anyone else doin it this way?

sugar intakeI have a patient who is 11 months post op from open RNY surgery. She'squestioning how much sugar is okay. I normally tell patients to try andkeep sugar intake to no more than 5-7 g/meal. She's wanting to add granolato her yogurt but it seems all granola is very high in sugar. What doeseveryone else tell their patients is a safe level of sugar for intake. Thanks, Gregoline, RDColumbus Regional HospitalColumbus, IN 47201(812)376-5287

Guest guest

We recommend no more than 8-12g sugar per meal.

Maureen Molini, RD

UNR School of Medicine

> I have a patient who is 11 months post op from open RNY surgery.

She's

> questioning how much sugar is okay. I normally tell patients to

try and

> keep sugar intake to no more than 5-7 g/meal. She's wanting to add

granola

> to her yogurt but it seems all granola is very high in sugar. What

does

> everyone else tell their patients is a safe level of sugar for

intake.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Gregoline, RD

> Columbus Regional Hospital

> Columbus, IN 47201

> (812)376-5287

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I don't do the whole carb thing, because they get confused and think they

are doing low carb diet and get caught into the net carb and impact carb

trap and buy alot of crap marketed that way.

J. Sams MS RD/LD

>From: McInerney <.McInerney@...>

>Reply-

> " ' ' "

>< >

>Subject: RE: sugar intake

>Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:27:07 -0600

>

>15gm of CHO or less per serving of something is usually tolerated well.I

>don't go by sugar gm I do the whole CHO gm. Anyone else doin it this way?

>

> sugar intake

>

>

>I have a patient who is 11 months post op from open RNY surgery. She's

>questioning how much sugar is okay. I normally tell patients to try and

>keep sugar intake to no more than 5-7 g/meal. She's wanting to add granola

>to her yogurt but it seems all granola is very high in sugar. What does

>everyone else tell their patients is a safe level of sugar for intake.

>

>Thanks,

>

> Gregoline, RD

>Columbus Regional Hospital

>Columbus, IN 47201

>(812)376-5287

>

>

>

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Sugars or total carbohydrate?

-----Original Message-----From: maureenmolini [mailto:molini@...]Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 3:11 PM Subject: Re: sugar intakeWe recommend no more than 8-12g sugar per meal.Maureen Molini, RDUNR School of Medicine> I have a patient who is 11 months post op from open RNY surgery. She's> questioning how much sugar is okay. I normally tell patients to try and> keep sugar intake to no more than 5-7 g/meal. She's wanting to add granola> to her yogurt but it seems all granola is very high in sugar. What does> everyone else tell their patients is a safe level of sugar for intake. > > Thanks,> > Gregoline, RD> Columbus Regional Hospital> Columbus, IN 47201> (812)376-5287> > > >

• 5 years later...

Hello! I have found no research on recommended sugar intake, because I doubt there is any. I tell my band patients less than 10-15 grams per serving, to help them make better choices. GBP on the other hand, a small amount of sugar can cause ill-effects, so minimal amounts of sugar are recommended. I still give the less than 10 gram guideline to help find better choices (dairy in particular is difficult to find lower amounts of sugar), but the main recommendation is to avoid any added sugars. I'm sure your band patients who is consuming 100grams, is not having dumping syndrome so therefore is tolerating that amount of sugar, but like you said, still should not be consuming that much for calorie reasons. Hope that helps, and I definitely agree, if there is research out there please pass it on!!

From: kiwi_razz <healthful4ever@...>Subject: sugar intake Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 9:41 AM

Hi All!I am trying to find evidenced based recommendation for sugar after lap band and bypass surgery. So far I have not found too much. I see that most places recommend no more than 5-8 grams sugar per meal. The question arose as I have a post lap band person consuming close to 100 grams sugar a day, and she states the surgeon does not feel this is bad as she tolerates (hello-calories and healthy choices??).My questions:1. does anyone have evidence based info on sugar intake?2. what are you currently recommending for lap band and bypass- and why?thank you!

• 1 year later...

could somebdy plz post the link for master dentistry vol2 .many thanx neha From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 8:18 PM Subject: sugar intake

ORE question-what is the recommended sugar intake per day? 70 g , 90g etc...anyone has idea? please provide reference if possible.

hi divi The recommended amounts are present in the uk guidelines , check the following linkFSA Nutrient and Food Based Guidelines for UKInstitutionshttp://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/nutguideuk.pdf From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 14:48 Subject:

sugar intake

ORE question-what is the recommended sugar intake per day? 70 g , 90g etc...anyone has idea? please provide reference if possible.

thanx a lot Ebtessam for the help.. But it says % of daily intake of total (sugar +salt +sat fat should be >/= 98% or less (target) if i have read it correctly.. its not telling anything about "only sugar recommendation" i mean sugar only.Correct me if I am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " "

< > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 3:40 PM Subject: Re: sugar intake

hi divi The recommended amounts are present in the uk guidelines , check the following linkFSA Nutrient and Food Based Guidelines for UKInstitutionshttp://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/nutguideuk.pdf From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 14:48 Subject:

sugar intake

Hi diviYES you are right here are the recommended vaulesDVs used by the FDA for the following macronutrients are Daily Reference Values (DRV).[2][3]

For people four years or older, eating 2,000 Calories per day, the DRVs are:

Total Fat

65 g

Saturated Fatty Acids

20 g

Cholesterol

300 mg

Sodium

2300 mg

Potassium

4700 mg

Total Carbohydrate

300 g

Fiber

25 g

Protein

50 gWIKI From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 15:48 Subject: Re: sugar intake

thanx a lot Ebtessam for the help.. But it says % of daily intake of total (sugar +salt +sat fat should be >/= 98% or less (target) if i have read it correctly.. its not telling anything about "only sugar recommendation" i mean sugar only.Correct me if I am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " "

sugar intake

its 90g for woman - 120g for men and 85 g for children (5-10)i have attached the pdf file.. its from FDF/ 2009... From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < >

Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 17:34 Subject: Re: sugar intake

thanx Ebtessam. again .. this is total carb ! i was asking about "the sugar only " well mebbe they reccommend it this way as total carb content and not as sugar alone. thanx for the help once again. I appreciate .. :)divi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 4:01 PM Subject: Re: sugar intake

Hi diviYES you are right here are the recommended vaulesDVs used by the FDA for the following macronutrients are Daily Reference Values (DRV).[2][3]

For people four years or older, eating 2,000 Calories per day, the DRVs are:

Total Fat

65 g

Saturated Fatty Acids

20 g

Cholesterol

300 mg

Sodium

2300 mg

Potassium

4700 mg

Total Carbohydrate

300 g

Fiber

25 g

Protein

50 gWIKI From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 15:48 Subject: Re: sugar intake

sugar intake

1 of 1 File(s)

sugar intake.pdf

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 14:48 Subject: sugar intake