RemedySpot.com

Re: Dbts and mcq- cavosurface angle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Least is 70 n max is 90. Ideally 90 is most preferableSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Jan 2012, at 09:19 PM, "Safa" <safa.dent@...> wrote: Dear friends,# Could u tell me what cavosurface angle is? If any diagrammatic representation wud b much grateful.# Is butt joint and cavosurface the same?# Wht is the least cavosurface angle & max cavosurface angle For an amalgam rest. Pls help me to choose Frm the below choices as diff answers givn in diff books.-70-90-100-130RegardsSafa

some of them say 70-90 and some says 90 -100 .the ideal indeed is 90 but which is the smallest which is the largest? dont know

From: Safa <safa.dent@...>" " < > Sent: Saturday, 28 January 2012, 21:18Subject: Dbts and mcq- cavosurface angle

Dear friends,# Could u tell me what cavosurface angle is? If any diagrammatic representation wud b much grateful.# Is butt joint and cavosurface the same?# Wht is the least cavosurface angle & max cavosurface angle For an amalgam rest. Pls help me to choose Frm the below choices as diff answers givn in diff books.-70-90-100-130RegardsSafa

Hi Safa, Cavo surface angle is the angle formed between the junction of the cavity wall and the tooth surface.It should be ideally 90-100,so i think the least is 90 and max is 100.Butt joint is the joint formed between the amalgam and the cavosurface margin at this angle.[thats what i think]. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG.

regards,

sajitha From: Safa <safa.dent@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 28 January 2012 9:18 PM Subject: Dbts and mcq- cavosurface angle

Dear friends,

# Could u tell me what cavosurface angle is? If any diagrammatic representation wud b much grateful.

# Is butt joint and cavosurface the same?

# Wht is the least cavosurface angle & max cavosurface angle For an amalgam rest. Pls help me to choose Frm the below choices as diff answers givn in diff books.

Regards

Safa

Thanks shahbano. Could any1 help with the 1st 2questRegardsSafaOn Jan 28, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Shahbano Syed <shahbanosyed@...> wrote:

Least is 70 n max is 90. Ideally 90 is most preferableSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Jan 2012, at 09:19 PM, "Safa" <safa.dent@...> wrote:

Dear friends,

# Could u tell me what cavosurface angle is? If any diagrammatic representation wud b much grateful.

# Wht is the least cavosurface angle & max cavosurface angle For an amalgam rest. Pls help me to choose Frm the below choices as diff answers givn in diff books.

Regards

Safa

No its not same...butt joint is a type of surface that we make for example in porcelain crown prep...huma

Safa <safa.dent@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 10:27:45 PM

Thanks shahbano. Could any1 help with the 1st 2questRegardsSafaOn Jan 28, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Shahbano Syed <shahbanosyed@...> wrote:

Least is 70 n max is 90. Ideally 90 is most preferableSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Jan 2012, at 09:19 PM, " Safa " <safa.dent@...> wrote:

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

Cavosurface is an angle formed by an internal and external walls of the cavity or u can say the edges of the cavity n its 90 deg.

Safa <safa.dent@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Least is 70 n max is 90. Ideally 90 is most preferableSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Jan 2012, at 09:19 PM, " Safa " <safa.dent@...> wrote:

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

Plz feel free to correct me if am wrong.Huma

Safa <safa.dent@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

Hi Huma, any 90 degree jt is butt jt.that is applicable in case of amalgam also.an acute angle in amalgam results in low marginal strength.in inlays,cast and composite it is obtuse angle and it is called alap or slip jt. regards,

sajitha From: Huma Faisal <humafaisal8278@...> Safa <safa.dent@...>; Sent: Saturday, 28 January 2012 11:47 PM Subject: Re: Dbts and mcq- cavosurface angle

Plz feel free to correct me if am wrong.Huma

Safa <safa.dent@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Least is 70 n max is 90. Ideally 90 is most preferableSent from my iPhoneOn 28 Jan 2012, at 09:19 PM, "Safa" <safa.dent@...> wrote:

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

hi,Please check this PP Presentation u can understand better. Cavo surface angle and butt joint are one and the same the minimum is 90 deg and max is 100 deg...Hope this helps..

Regards,ManoOn Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Safa <safa.dent@...> wrote:

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

Sorry here is the Site...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/14932227/Cavity-Preparation-for-Amalgam-Class-I On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM, manochitra d <manochithradurairaju@...> wrote:

hi,Please check this PP Presentation u can understand better. Cavo surface angle and butt joint are one and the same the minimum is 90 deg and max is 100 deg...

Hope this helps..

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa

Minimum cavosueface angle is 70, pbook 267 old editionSent from my iPhoneOn 29 Jan 2012, at 12:34, manochitra d <manochithradurairaju@...> wrote:

hi,Please check this PP Presentation u can understand better. Cavo surface angle and butt joint are one and the same the minimum is 90 deg and max is 100 deg...Hope this helps..

Dear friends,

Regards

Safa