RemedySpot.com

Re: need help regarding pericoronitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Refere to OMFS once she got severe episode What's the antibiotics for choice , would be amoxicillin or metronidazole ?Balsam Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 5, 2012, at 12:18 AM, Veena B <veena913@...> wrote:

hello,if a fit and healthy patient complains of having a first episode with mild discomfort in relation to her upper third molar and she presented to the clinic with a second episode with sever case of pericoronitis of same tooth would u consider to refer to omfs for removal or wait for another episodethanksveena

amoxicilin From: Balsam Majid <balsam_majid@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2012 10:38 AM Subject: Re:

need help regarding pericoronitis

Refere to OMFS once she got severe episode What's the antibiotics for choice , would be amoxicillin or metronidazole ?Balsam Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 5, 2012, at 12:18 AM, Veena B <veena913@...> wrote:

hello,if a fit and healthy patient complains of having a first episode with mild discomfort in relation to her upper third molar and she presented to the clinic with a second episode with sever case of pericoronitis of same tooth would u consider to refer to omfs for removal or wait for another episodethanksveena

hi Veenaaccording to the nice guidelines, after the second episode of pericoronitis you should refer the patient to the OMFS for wisdom tooth removal but before referral you should explain the procedure to the patient.

From: Veena B <veena913@...>Subject: need help regarding pericoronitis Date: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 4:18 PM

hello,

if a fit and healthy patient complains of having a first episode with mild discomfort in relation to her upper third molar and she presented to the clinic with a second episode with sever case of pericoronitis of same tooth would u consider to refer to omfs for removal or wait for another episode

thanks

veena

hi farah, thanks for the information. so with mild discomfort in her first episode would u call the condition as pericoronitis. thanks

From: Veena B <veena913@...>Subject: need help regarding pericoronitis Date: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 4:18 PM

hello,

if a fit and healthy patient complains of having a first episode with mild discomfort in relation to her upper third molar and she presented to the clinic with a second episode with sever case of pericoronitis of same tooth would u consider to refer to omfs for removal or wait for another episode

thanks

veena

Hi, I think we she refer this patient to omfs for the removal for ths wisdom tooth. Correct me if I m wrong.Sent from my iPadOn 5 Feb 2012, at 00:18, Veena B <veena913@...> wrote: