RemedySpot.com

Re: sugar intake Divi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sweet enough

So how much sugar do you have to eat to be eating too much?

According to the British Dietetic Association, the recommended intake of 'added sugars' - such as honey, fruit juice, jam, soft drinks and those in processed food, as well as the sugar you add to food - is 10 per cent of your total daily calorie intake.

That's about 50g a day for those on 2,000 calories. (One level teaspoon of sugar weighs 4g and contains 16 calories.)

reference is netdoctor .co.uk

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/dietandnutrition/toomuchsugar.htm

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>" " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 15:48Subject: Re: sugar intake

thanx a lot Ebtessam for the help..

But it says % of daily intake of total (sugar +salt +sat fat should be >/= 98% or less (target) if i have read it correctly.. its not telling anything about "only sugar recommendation" i mean sugar only.

Correct me if I am wrong.

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 3:40 PMSubject: Re: sugar intake

hi divi The recommended amounts are present in the uk guidelines , check the following linkFSA Nutrient and Food Based Guidelines for UKInstitutionshttp://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/nutguideuk.pdf

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>" " < > Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012, 14:48Subject: sugar intake

ORE question-

what is the recommended sugar intake per day? 70 g , 90g etc...

anyone has idea? please provide reference if possible.