RemedySpot.com

consent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi it is 1 u hav to get an explicit consent from any outside agency.

On 19 Jan 2012 14:28, " Sidrah Tul Muntaha " <sidrah26@...> wrote:

HiCould anyone please help me with the following questionWhich of the following needs explicit consent?a. to share info with insurance companyb. to share info with other doctors in practice

c. to share info with therapist treating the patientd. to share info with patient's GMPI think its b but i'm not sure, could anyone help please?Sid

Sent: Fri...

Hi thanks for the answer but usually the information is shared with the insurance company only when the patient needs a health cover/insurance, so this doesnt make it a third party, this is in patient's interest isnt it? but sharing the patient's info with other doctors (who're not treating him) might be of no use to the patient, and this might come under sharing info for research purposes. Well thats my opinion. Please correct me (with explanation) if i am wrong. thankssid From: manochithradurairaju@...Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:15:10 +0000Subject: Re: RE: Consent

On 19 Jan 2012 14:28, "Sidrah Tul Muntaha" <sidrah26@...> wrote:

HiCould anyone please help me with the following questionWhich of the following needs explicit consent?a. to share info with insurance companyb. to share info with other doctors in practice

c. to share info with therapist treating the patientd. to share info with patient's GMPI think its b but i'm not sure, could anyone help please?Sid

Hi

According to any referral made or if there is any medical relevance the doctor has all rights according to law. But any company that has to access patients medical record has to have a signed document from the patient that they can access patients details....

Reference: NHS code of confidentiality.(I will try to upload the document once I get it in hand).

Hope this helps.

On 22 Jan 2012 11:58, " Sidrah Tul Muntaha " <sidrah26@...> wrote:

Hi thanks for the answer but usually the information is shared with the insurance company only when the patient needs a health cover/insurance, so this doesnt make it a third party, this is in patient's interest isnt it? but sharing the patient's info with other doctors (who're not treating him) might be of no use to the patient, and this might come under sharing info for research purposes. Well thats my opinion. Please correct me (with explanation) if i am wrong. thanks

sid From: manochithradurairaju@...

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:15:10 +0000Subject: Re: RE: Consent Hi it is 1 u hav to get an explicit consent from any outside agency.> On 19 Jan 2012 14:28, " ...

There is no doubt the consent is for insurers only, there is 'no best interest' clause here. Other doctors more important with 'pts best interest' as in emergencies when their own doctor is around they will have to look at pts notes and there is no need for consent for any health professional involved in that pts care, a typical eg: a physio looking at pts notes etc. My husband who writes a lot of reports says he will not write to anyone without pts written consent, that sometimes including relatives! Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>Sender: Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:58:26 +0000< >Reply Subject: RE: Consent Hi thanks for the answer but usually the information is shared with the insurance company only when the patient needs a health cover/insurance, so this doesnt make it a third party, this is in patient's interest isnt it? but sharing the patient's info with other doctors (who're not treating him) might be of no use to the patient, and this might come under sharing info for research purposes. Well thats my opinion. Please correct me (with explanation) if i am wrong. thankssid From: manochithradurairaju@...Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:15:10 +0000Subject: Re: RE: Consent Hi it is 1 u hav to get an explicit consent from any outside agency.On 19 Jan 2012 14:28, "Sidrah Tul Muntaha" <sidrah26@...> wrote: HiCould anyone please help me with the following questionWhich of the following needs explicit consent?a. to share info with insurance companyb. to share info with other doctors in practicec. to share info with therapist treating the patientd. to share info with patient's GMPI think its b but i'm not sure, could anyone help please?SidFrom: Zahid Ahmad <zahiddentalsurgeon@...> Sent: Fri...

that makes sense. thanks :) From: jothidentist07@...Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:26:51 +0000Subject: Re: Consent

There is no doubt the consent is for insurers only, there is 'no best interest' clause here. Other doctors more important with 'pts best interest' as in emergencies when their own doctor is around they will have to look at pts notes and there is no need for consent for any health professional involved in that pts care, a typical eg: a physio looking at pts notes etc. My husband who writes a lot of reports says he will not write to anyone without pts written consent, that sometimes including relatives! Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>

Sender:

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:58:26 +0000< >Reply

Subject: RE: Consent

Hi thanks for the answer but usually the information is shared with the insurance company only when the patient needs a health cover/insurance, so this doesnt make it a third party, this is in patient's interest isnt it? but sharing the patient's info with other doctors (who're not treating him) might be of no use to the patient, and this might come under sharing info for research purposes. Well thats my opinion. Please correct me (with explanation) if i am wrong. thankssid From: manochithradurairaju@...Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:15:10 +0000Subject: Re: RE: Consent

On 19 Jan 2012 14:28, "Sidrah Tul Muntaha" <sidrah26@...> wrote:

• 2 weeks later...

HI SaadiaIn Scotland, the Age of Legal Capacity (Scotland) Act 1991 is specific andprovides that a person under 16 who, in the practitioner's opinion, is capable ofunderstanding the nature and possible consequences of the procedure ortreatment shall have legal capacity to consent on his or her own behalf to anysurgical, medical or dental procedure or treatment. In Northern Ireland the ageof consent for medical and dental treatment is 16.ETHICS IN DENTISTRY BDA SHEETYou will find all the info in the BDA advice sheets From: saadia <dr.saadia5@...> Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2012, 13:57 Subject: consent

plz can someone tell me about the age to give consent in scotland and Ireland