RemedySpot.com

sick of ORE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know my letter is not going to bring any revolution in the currentsystem of testing the overseas qualified dentists in the U.K.But i need to express what i feel and what i had

gone through .First thing that comes to my mind is this ORE exam conducted to testif overseas dentists are fit to practise in this country ? the answerunfortunetly is No ,This exam is conducted to make money and we are messing our future andcareer behind it. How can it be so different to judge a medicalgraduate and a dental graduate in this country .Although the medicalgradutes have more responsibility than a dentist when it comes topatient safety in their day to day jobs still the GMC manages toconduct their exams on a minimal fee, does that mean that GMC isconducting an inefficient or substandard exam? Again the answer is no.I was not there when

you used to run the IQE but atleast the format,way of conducting and fees made some sense. When this exam is meant togive us license to work how can the fees be so high which a person whois not earning afford to pay . We come from a dignified country withgood educational background and with knowledge no less than a ukgraduate and if you want to test this then it is fair enough with anaffordable fees and proper booking system .The MFDS exam is as wellconducted in this country by the Royal College of Surgeons and do wehave any issues with regards to the booking system or fees or anyother matter? NO it is absolutely fine but the current system of OREis definitely flawed in many aspects and has aleady ruined manycareers.How can you say that you are conducting this exam with main intentionof patient safety when your system allows the same patients to betreated by European dentists who do not even qualify an English testbefore starting to practise in this country and their professioncy inenglish is not a secret for anyone, so please justify the safety ofthe patient in there hands when compared to ours although we come froma country where english is our first language. we do our graduation inenglish still we are asked to prove our command on the language

andagain here i would like to mention that menting money looks as thereal intention.Concluding i would like to repeat the main intention of the gdc is tomake money and we are encouraging this by funding and full fillingyour motives.and i would like to request you to be so called fairenough and say that you no longer need any overseas dentists ratherthan making us ruin our careers, waste our time and money after ORE.You gave me the worst feeling of being a dentist where i had come tothis country to start my career i landed in long waiting lists ,financial exhaustion, visa extensions when the exams remain closedfor the reasons you

better are aware of along with stress anddepression. i realise that coming to uk was my biggest mistake.I feel that my collegues realise the same and take a stand that shouldmake the GDC to reduce the fees and make a decent booking system or wefind a much better place to render our services.

i totaly agree with you ,i sugest that we all write to the GDC and ask the following;

we are not going to request to decrease their high fee for the exam (as fees in the uk once they go up they never come down!!)we can request that ok take our money but at least be a bit more fair to us ,since most people are failing the manikin test then why dont they do the writen portion or scientific part

of the exam ,ie the osces and dtps and medical emergency first and charge for that then once the candidate has succesfully passed that part

then he can move on to the manikin test in that way we stop waisting our time and money (i think that is how it was with the IQE exams).

god help us all

good luck

From: mohiuddin sami <aa_asmi@...> Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:43 AM Subject: sick of ORE

I know my letter is not going to bring any revolution in the currentsystem of testing the overseas qualified dentists in the U.K.But i need to express what i feel and what i had

gone through .First thing that comes to my mind is this ORE exam conducted to testif overseas dentists are fit to practise in this country ? the answerunfortunetly is No ,This exam is conducted to make money and

we are messing our future andcareer behind it. How can it be so different to judge a medicalgraduate and a dental graduate in this country .Although the medicalgradutes have more responsibility than a dentist when it comes topatient safety in their day to day jobs still the GMC manages

toconduct their exams on a minimal fee, does that mean that GMC isconducting an inefficient or substandard exam? Again the answer is no.I was not there when

you used to run the IQE but atleast the format,way of conducting and fees made some sense. When this exam is meant togive us license to work how can the fees be so high which a person whois not earning afford to pay . We come from a dignified country withgood educational background

and with knowledge no less than a ukgraduate and if you want to test this then it is fair enough with anaffordable fees and proper booking system .The MFDS exam is as wellconducted in this country by the Royal College of Surgeons and do wehave any issues with regards to the booking system

or fees or anyother matter? NO it is absolutely fine but the current system of OREis definitely flawed in many aspects and has aleady ruined manycareers.How can you say that you are conducting this exam

with main intentionof patient safety when your system allows the same patients to betreated by European dentists who do not even qualify an English testbefore starting to practise in this country and their professioncy inenglish is not a secret for anyone, so please justify the safety

ofthe patient in there hands when compared to ours although we come froma country where english is our first language. we do our graduation inenglish still we are asked to prove our command on the language

andagain here i would like to mention that menting money looks as thereal intention.Concluding i would like to repeat the main intention of the gdc is tomake money and we are encouraging this by funding and full

fillingyour motives.and i would like to request you to be so called fairenough and say that you no longer need any overseas dentists ratherthan making us ruin our careers, waste our time and money after ORE.You gave me the worst feeling of being a dentist where i had come tothis country to start my career i landed in long waiting lists ,financial exhaustion, visa extensions when the exams remain closedfor the reasons you

better are aware of along with stress anddepression. i realise that coming to uk was my biggest mistake.I feel that my collegues realise the same and take a stand that shouldmake the GDC to reduce the fees and make a decent booking system or wefind a much better place to render our services.