RemedySpot.com

Ore questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi guys , does anybody know answers of those questions thank you From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " "

< > Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:51 PM Subject: Re: ore questions

1)the space that infection spread into from the following teeth: 1) maxillary lateral incisor 2)mandibul third molar 3)maxillary canine 2)cement for temp crown : GIC ,zinc phosphate ,zinc policarboxylate,resin ,ZOE3)ig in acute and chronic infection 4)cells present in unhealthy periodontium5) distance from second upper premolar to maxillary sinus 6)what are lymph separator and clinical significat 7)what combines irreversible to Hb8)in which bood cell nucleus is lost in early stage 9)at what degree guta percha disolved From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> uche anyara <uanyara2003@...> Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:34 PM Subject: ore questions

1) the space that infection spread into from the following teeth: 1) maxillary lateral incisor 2)mandibul third molar 3)maxillary canine 2)cement for temp crown : GIC ,zinc phosphate ,zinc policarboxylate,resin ,ZOE3)ig in acute and chronic infection 4)cells present in unhealthy periodontium5) distance from second upper premolar to maxillary sinus 6)what are lymph separator and clinical significat 7)what combines irreversible to Hb8)in which bood cell nucleus is lost in early stage 9)at what degree guta percha disolved From: uche anyara <uanyara2003@...> "chloe.berg86@..." <chloe.berg86@...> Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:18 PM Subject: statistics question

This is for the children's dental health survey.you can share with the group as i am not too good with that.

From: uche anyara <uanyara2003@...>"chloe.berg86@..." <chloe.berg86@...> Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:15 PMSubject: Re: ore 1 questions

hi,

i discovered from the pink book that the suvey is an old one.the latest for adult survey is 2009 while that of children is 2003.Also the percentage of erosion is now classified as tooth surface loss.I have attached the the adult dental health survey

so in answing the question:

the percentage of >25 years with periodontitis in UK is 55%(Table 2.2 of the adult dental health survey attached)

''Erosion appears to be the major cause of ToothSurface Loss in childhood and adolescents.The 1993 Child Dental Health Survey used the term “erosion†but because a single causative process is difficult to determine, the term “tooth surface loss†is considered more appropriate and has been used in the 2003 survey. In addition

to TSL on primary and permanent upper incisors, which were reported in 1993,TSL on the occlusal surfaces of first permanent molars are reported in 2003.

From: <arora.sonia1410@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:48 PMSubject: Re: ore 1 questions

U can find it in Odell

Sorry I wrote the opposite

5yrs-52% from these 24% lead to pulpal damage

15yrs-27%from these -2%lead to pulpal damage

Periodontitis >25yrs-64% page51of pink bookSent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2012, at 12:01 PM, "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi sonia

Can u please give the reference for 4th question.

ThanksSent from Samsung Mobile --- Regarding

fluoridesDear

sajitha,Thank u very much. But I hv a doubt.Firstly how did u get 0.05%NaF=0.023%F Secondly, how do u convert percent of F into ppm of F ???This has always been confusing, can u pls pls help me with this ??Also,if there's any book which I can read that ll be gr8Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Its about 140 -150 questions for both Paper A and B and its a 3 hour exam.You get the option of book marking a question if your unsure of it so you could come back to those questions later and you also get an extra sheet of paper to scribble on. Myra From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012

12:49 PM Subject: Ore questions

Hi guys

How many questions are there for each paper in ORE

And how many hours does the exam take?

Balsam

Sent from my iPad

• 2 weeks later...

FOR FLUORIDE VALUES USE THEDELIVERING BETTER ORAL HEALTH DOCIT HAS EVERYTHING U NEEDhttp://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_102331BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 10:24 Subject: Re: Ore questions

Hi keerthiThanks alot for the answers but i was just wondering how is it possible to learn all different values for these flourides.....Can u please help me with this because everytime different values come with different forms of questions...we just have to cram them or is there any other way?There are some values in pink book but i dont think they are sufficient....your help would be appreciated... From: keerthi kumar

<keerthikumarhs@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 8:06 AM Subject: Re: Ore questions

1. c2.A2.Reversible pulpitis is characterized by (pink BOOk)B.Patient can’t localize pain 3.Irreversible pulpitis is characterized byA.There is often a history of spontanous pain4.2.2 mg of NaF contains how many mg of fluoride

ions? B. 1.0 mghttp://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/17/2/49/51/ http://www.orgyn.com/resources/genrx/D002244.asp

From: Miral <miral_hasan@...>Subject: Ore questions" " < >Date: Friday, 24 February, 2012, 0:04

Hi all,Could you pls help me rechecking the answers?,thanks in advance.1A 9 years-old child who has sustained a fracture of a maxillary permanent central incisor in which 2 mm of the pulp is exposed, presents for treatment 30 minutes after

injury. Which of the following should be considered?A.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface, place calcium hydroxide and fill with resinB.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface and cover with ledermixC.Place calcium hydroxide directly on the exposed pulpD.Pulpotomy using formocresolE.Pulpectomy and immediate root fillingIn a flouridated toothpaste with 0.304% sodium fluoride the amount of flouride ions isA.400

ppmB.1000 ppmC.1500 ppmD.4000 ppm2.Reversible pulpitis is characterized byA.Pain lasts longer on hot or cold stimulus than normallyB.Patient can’t localize painC.Will have periapical involvement in radiograph3.Irreversible pulpitis is

characterized byA.There is often a history of spontanous painB.Sudden throbbing painC.Pain can’t be localised when it reaches the periapical areaD.There is pain which lingers for a short duration after romoval of stimulus4.2.2 mg of NaF contains how many mg of fluoride ions? A. 0.5mgB. 1.0 mgC. 1.5mgD. 10mg Kind regards,Miral

Thanks alot ebtessam. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 1:00 PM Subject: Re: Ore questions

FOR FLUORIDE VALUES USE THEDELIVERING BETTER ORAL HEALTH DOCIT HAS EVERYTHING U NEEDhttp://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_102331BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" "

Hi keerthiThanks alot for the answers but i was just wondering how is it possible to learn all different values for these flourides.....Can u please help me with this because everytime different values come with different forms of questions...we just have to cram them or is there any other way?There are some values in pink book but i dont think they are sufficient....your help would be appreciated... From: keerthi kumar

<keerthikumarhs@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 8:06 AM Subject: Re: Ore questions

1. c2.A2.Reversible pulpitis is characterized by (pink BOOk)B.Patient can’t localize pain 3.Irreversible pulpitis is characterized byA.There is often a history of spontanous pain4.2.2 mg of NaF contains how many mg of fluoride

ions? B. 1.0 mghttp://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/17/2/49/51/ http://www.orgyn.com/resources/genrx/D002244.asp

From: Miral <miral_hasan@...>Subject: Ore questions" " < >Date: Friday, 24 February, 2012, 0:04

Hi all,Could you pls help me rechecking the answers?,thanks in advance.1A 9 years-old child who has sustained a fracture of a maxillary permanent central incisor in which 2 mm of the pulp is exposed, presents for treatment 30 minutes after

injury. Which of the following should be considered?A.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface, place calcium hydroxide and fill with resinB.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface and cover with ledermixC.Place calcium hydroxide directly on the exposed pulpD.Pulpotomy using formocresolE.Pulpectomy and immediate root fillingIn a flouridated toothpaste with 0.304% sodium fluoride the amount of flouride ions isA.400

ppmB.1000 ppmC.1500 ppmD.4000 ppm2.Reversible pulpitis is characterized byA.Pain lasts longer on hot or cold stimulus than normallyB.Patient can’t localize painC.Will have periapical involvement in radiograph3.Irreversible pulpitis is

characterized byA.There is often a history of spontanous painB.Sudden throbbing painC.Pain can’t be localised when it reaches the periapical areaD.There is pain which lingers for a short duration after romoval of stimulus4.2.2 mg of NaF contains how many mg of fluoride ions? A. 0.5mgB. 1.0 mgC. 1.5mgD. 10mg Kind regards,Miral

HI KANIKADO U KNOW HOW TO MEASURE THE CON OF FLOURIDE IN DIFFERENT PREPARATIONSEX:2,2mg NAF contains how much of F ions?best regardsebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 13:08 Subject: Re: Ore questions

Thanks alot ebtessam. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 1:00 PM Subject: Re: Ore questions

FOR FLUORIDE VALUES USE THEDELIVERING BETTER ORAL HEALTH DOCIT HAS EVERYTHING U NEEDhttp://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_102331BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" "

HI ebtessam elhamalawy,could you pls explain it to me also .please Thanks & Regards,Padma From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 13:17

Subject: Re: Ore questions

HI KANIKADO U KNOW HOW TO MEASURE THE CON OF FLOURIDE IN DIFFERENT PREPARATIONSEX:2,2mg NAF contains how much of F ions?best regardsebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 13:08 Subject: Re: Ore questions

" "

HI PADMAsorry I still don`t know how but I was emailed the following doses by kanikaHi EbtessamI exactly dont know how to calculate all this and is very much confused with it but what i have come to know by now isaccording

to Delivering better oral health document it is written flouride tablets are available as 500microgram and 1mg flouride level.NaF 1.1 mg tab=5ooug F,NaF 2.2 mg=Img F.Below is some info regarding percentages provided by Dr.Smriti1000ppmF

= 1mgF/ml so we need to know how many mg 'fluoride' is present in any formulation to be able to convert it into parts per million. Now 0.05% of 'Sodium Fluoride' contains only 0.023% fluoride. Which means 0.23mgF/ml hence 230ppm fluoride.0.2%NaF contains 0.09%F = 0.90mg/ml = 900ppmFDuraphat is 5% NaF, contains 2.26%F, F=22.6mg/ml =22600ppmFAPF gel contains 1.23%F, F=12.3mg/ml = 12300ppmF2%NaF contains 0.92%F, F= 9.2mg/ml = 9200ppmF8% SnF contains 1.95%f F= 19.5mg/ml = 19500ppmfI know this sounds confusing but most formulations have other components apart from fluoride. So you need

to learn the % fluoride present in each formulation to be able to calculate the ppmF.I've

provided the concentrations of some of the most commonly used fluoride formulations. It should be sufficient for the exam. But please do check the past questions for any other formulations that might have been asked

and/or the common fluorides used in u.k. Some of them are given in the pink book.Thanks and regardsKanika From: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 14:18 Subject: Re: Ore questions

HI ebtessam elhamalawy,could you pls explain it to me also .please Thanks & Regards,Padma From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 13:17

Subject: Re: Ore questions

HI KANIKADO U KNOW HOW TO MEASURE THE CON OF FLOURIDE IN DIFFERENT PREPARATIONSEX:2,2mg NAF contains how much of F ions?best regardsebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 13:08 Subject: Re: Ore questions

" "