RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: attempting description of x ray

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you very much for addition Dr.Smriti,yes,sure we need to grade it)))thats a tricky one,I agree with you and i would go for 2 for the firs xray-coz not whole tooth is visible and 2nd x-ray-bitewing-i dont know the criteria here,probably 3-coz cannot see the pt upper teeth and marginal bone SincerelyLyudmyla From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 6:51 Subject: Re: Fw: attempting description of x ray

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thank you so much for uploading these radiographs.:)))

Your descriptions are really good. Just one addition: the guidelines say that we have to mention the diagnostic grade of the radiograph(1/2 or 3)

I think the IOPA is grade 3(or 2?? please correct if I am wrong): because the crowns are not completely visible.

The bitewing is grade 3 too: because the opposing teeth are not in contact. (the patient has not bitten on the film holder)

Regards,

Smriti

>

> Horizontal bitewing shows early horisontal bone loss in the area of

> LL5,LL6 and LL7.Calculus is visible around early mentioned

> teeth.Occlusal radiopaque restoration in relation to LL6and LL7.No

> secondary caries present))))

> Â

>

> Â

> [Attachment(s) from Lyudmyla Huhley included below]

>

>

> Hi guys

> I want to share my description of xrays,please correct me if i am wrong and all additions are welcome!)))

> Also i uploaded the image in the photo album as well..

>

>

> The digital peraipical radiograph shows the lower right(i think)third,second ,first molars.The Lower right first molar has a crown and a post in the distal root which is short in length and deviate from the long axis of the root.There is an area of radiolucency in both roots,however,the mesial root has more extensive radiolucency which in continuity with periodontal ligament.Canals are not filled by the apex,and the third canal is indistinct.Poor crown margins and appearance of root caries is visible on distal aspect of the LR6...I did not describe the rest of teeth-basically fillings and on LR7 area of radiolucency under the filling,maybe suggestive a carious lesion.Correct me if I am wrong please.

> Perio status-early loss of lamina dura-possibly a localised gingivitis due to the ledge/poor margin on the LR6 and mesially tipped LR7

> Â

> Sincerely

> Lyudmyla

>

Hi Smriti,where can I read more about the diagnostic grades of radiographs?Many thanks Pat From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 6:51 Subject: Re: Fw: attempting description of x ray

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thank you so much for uploading these radiographs.:)))

Your descriptions are really good. Just one addition: the guidelines say that we have to mention the diagnostic grade of the radiograph(1/2 or 3)

I think the IOPA is grade 3(or 2?? please correct if I am wrong): because the crowns are not completely visible.

The bitewing is grade 3 too: because the opposing teeth are not in contact. (the patient has not bitten on the film holder)

Regards,

Smritiadiographs

>

> Horizontal bitewing shows early horisontal bone loss in the area of

> LL5,LL6 and LL7.Calculus is visible around early mentioned

> teeth.Occlusal radiopaque restoration in relation to LL6and LL7.No

> secondary caries present))))

> Â

>

> Â

> [Attachment(s) from Lyudmyla Huhley included below]

>

>

> Hi guys

> I want to share my description of xrays,please correct me if i am wrong and all additions are welcome!)))

> Also i uploaded the image in the photo album as well..

>

>

> The digital peraipical radiograph shows the lower right(i think)third,second ,first molars.The Lower right first molar has a crown and a post in the distal root which is short in length and deviate from the long axis of the root.There is an area of radiolucency in both roots,however,the mesial root has more extensive radiolucency which in continuity with periodontal ligament.Canals are not filled by the apex,and the third canal is indistinct.Poor crown margins and appearance of root caries is visible on distal aspect of the LR6...I did not describe the rest of teeth-basically fillings and on LR7 area of radiolucency under the filling,maybe suggestive a carious lesion.Correct me if I am wrong please.

> Perio status-early loss of lamina dura-possibly a localised gingivitis due to the ledge/poor margin on the LR6 and mesially tipped LR7

> Â

> Sincerely

> Lyudmyla

>

Hi Pat,

You'll get the basic info in whaites or OSCEs by Kathleen Fan. For

identifying which grade it is, you'll have to read about radiographic faults.

There is no particular book where you ll find all the faults, but some are given

in Kathleen Fan and for others you can either look up online or contact some one

working in a dental practice..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > Horizontal bitewing shows early horisontal bone loss in the area of

> > LL5,LL6 and LL7.Calculus is visible around early mentioned

> > teeth.Occlusal radiopaque restoration in relation to LL6and LL7.No

> > secondary caries present))))

> >  

> >

> >  

> > [Attachment(s) from Lyudmyla Huhley included below]

> >

> >

> > Hi guys

> > I want to share my description of xrays,please correct me if i am wrong and

all additions are welcome!)))

> > Also i uploaded the image in the photo album as well..

> >

> >

> > The digital peraipical radiograph shows the lower right(i think)third,second

,first molars.The Lower right  first molar has a crown and a post in the

distal root which is short in length and deviate from the long axis of the

root.There is an area of radiolucency in both roots,however,the mesial root has

more extensive radiolucency which in continuity with periodontal ligament.Canals

are not filled by the  apex,and the third canal is indistinct.Poor crown

margins and appearance of root caries is visible on distal aspect of the LR6...I

did not describe the rest of teeth-basically fillings and on LR7 area of

radiolucency under the filling,maybe suggestive a carious lesion.Correct me if I

am wrong please.

> > Perio status-early loss of lamina dura-possibly a localised gingivitis due

to  the ledge/poor margin on the LR6 and mesially tipped  LR7

> >  

> > Sincerely

> > Lyudmyla

> >

>