RemedySpot.com

Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanx zubair.Huma

Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Sent:

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 9:12:22 AM

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

Zubair Ali

http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm

Thank you so much Ali. From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 9:12 AM Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

Zubair Ali

One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years. From: siva2828@...Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Thank you so much Ali. From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 9:12 AM Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi Guys,

Zubair Ali

thank you all for sharing this information,i wouldn't even check ME for updates if you did not say it in the group))) SincerelyLyudmyla From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16 Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years. From: siva2828@...Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi Guys,

Zubair Ali

HI.THANX FOR INFO.I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING NEW IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION..WOULD

YOU PLS DISCUSS WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN IN NEW GUIDELINES.

>

> Thank you so much Ali.

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 9:12 AM

> Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2

canidates!!**

>

>

>  

> Hi Guys,

> I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not

aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have

updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month.

Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly

updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information

they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without

reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency

use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however

so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care

guys.

>

> Zubair Ali

>

> http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm

>

No there is nothing new in myocardial infarction, probably dr. ali is referring to an even older version. From: bazghasiddique@...Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:19:39 +0000Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

HI.THANX FOR INFO.I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING NEW IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION..WOULD YOU PLS DISCUSS WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN IN NEW GUIDELINES.

>

> Thank you so much Ali.

>

>

>

> Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

>

>

> Â

> Hi Guys,

> I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

>

> Zubair Ali

>

>

Hi Guys,

The differences I have mentioned were from a 2006 revised document, so it was

pretty old. They must of added Myocardial Infarction after that. Sorry about

that.

Zubair

> >

> > Thank you so much Ali.

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@>

> >

> > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 9:12 AM

> > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> >  

> > Hi Guys,

> > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is

not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have

updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month.

guys.

> >

> > Zubair Ali

> >

> > http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm

> >

>

I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW. REGARDS From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16 Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Thank you so much Ali. From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012 9:12 AM Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2

canidates!!**

Hi Guys,

Zubair Ali

hhii, other change; Oxygen 15 liter, Sulbutamol 6-10 activation.

Ammar

>

> I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.

> PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.

>  

> REGARDS

>

>

> From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16

> Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

>

>

>

>  

>

> One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is

available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.

>

>

>

> From: siva2828@...

> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530

> Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

>

>  

>

>

> Thank you so much Ali.

>

>

>

> Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2

canidates!!**

>

>

>  

> Hi Guys,

> I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not

aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have

guys.

>

> Zubair Ali

>

>

Hi,

Salbutamol up to 10

From: ammar k <ammarkiliddar@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 11:27Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

hhii, other change; Oxygen 15 liter, Sulbutamol 6-10 activation.Ammar>> IÂ THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.> PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.> Â > REGARDS> > > ________________________________> From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>> > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16> Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > > > Â

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.> > > ________________________________> > From: siva2828@...> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530> Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > Â > > > Thank you so much Ali.> > > ________________________________> From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>> > Sent: Friday,

24 February 2012 9:12 AM> Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > > Â > Hi Guys, > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.> > Zubair Ali > > http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm>

new changes p23 old/new guidelinesIf you have a pulse oximeter, titrate the oxygen delivery aiming for normaloxygen saturation levels (94-98%)before was 97-100?. In very sick patients this may not bepossible and a lower oxygen saturation (more than 90%)before use to be 93 is acceptable fora short period of time. SincerelyLyudmyla From: Asmaa Almaliky <asmaaalmaliky@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 18:16 Subject: Re: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi,

Salbutamol up to 10

From: ammar k <ammarkiliddar@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 11:27Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

hhii, other change; Oxygen 15 liter, Sulbutamol 6-10 activation.Ammar>> IÂ THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.> PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.> Â > REGARDS> > > ________________________________> From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>> > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16> Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > > >

Â

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.> > > ________________________________> > From: siva2828@...> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530> Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > Â > > > Thank you so much Ali.> > > ________________________________> From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>> > Sent:

Friday,

24 February 2012 9:12 AM> Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > > Â > Hi Guys, > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.> > Zubair Ali > > http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm>

new changes p24If they take these, the episode may resolve. If thepatient has sustained chest pain, give GTN spray if the patient has not alreadytaken some. The patient may feel better and should be encouraged to situpright if possible. Give a single dose of aspirin and consider the use ofoxygen. (See Appendix (ii) Cardiac Emergencies)before use to give oxygen as well SincerelyLyudmyla From: Lyudmyla Huhley

<huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:34 Subject: Re: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

new changes p23 old/new guidelinesIf you have a pulse oximeter, titrate the oxygen delivery aiming for normaloxygen saturation levels (94-98%)before was 97-100?. In very sick patients this may not bepossible and a lower oxygen saturation (more than 90%)before use to be 93 is acceptable fora short period of time. SincerelyLyudmyla From: Asmaa Almaliky <asmaaalmaliky@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 18:16 Subject: Re: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi,

Salbutamol up to 10

hhii, other change; Oxygen 15 liter, Sulbutamol 6-10 activation.Ammar>> IÂ THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.> PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.> Â > REGARDS> > > ________________________________> From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@...>> > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16> Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > > >

Â

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.> > > ________________________________> > From: siva2828@...> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530> Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**> > Â > > > Thank you so much Ali.> > > ________________________________> From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>> > Sent:

Friday,

new changes p 29Initial management of myocardial infarctionhere use to be O2....?no any more?Call 999 immediately for an ambulance.Allow the patient to rest in the position that feels most comfortable; in the presenceof breathlessness this is likely to be the sitting position. Patients who faint or feelfaint should be laid flat; often an intermediate position (dictated by the patient) willbe most appropriate.Give sublingual GTN spray if this has not already been given.Reassure the patient as far as possible to relieve further anxiety SincerelyLyudmyla From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:36 Subject: Re: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

new changes p24If they take these, the episode may resolve. If thepatient has sustained chest pain, give GTN spray if the patient has not alreadytaken some. The patient may feel better and should be encouraged to situpright if possible. Give a single dose of aspirin and consider the use ofoxygen. (See Appendix (ii) Cardiac Emergencies)before use to give oxygen as well SincerelyLyudmyla From: Lyudmyla Huhley

<huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:34 Subject: Re: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi,

Salbutamol up to 10

Â

Friday,

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thanks for bringing these points into our notice. Which is the old edition that

u r referring to? As I have the one that was revised in june 2011 and can't find

the differences you mentioned.

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.

> > PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.

> >  

> > REGARDS

> >

> >

> > From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@>

> >

> > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16

> > Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> >

> >

>  

> >

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and

is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.

> >

> >

> >

> > From: siva2828@

> > Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530

> > Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent:

> Friday,

> 24 February 2012 9:12 AM

> > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> >  

> > Hi Guys,

> > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is

so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

> >

> > Zubair Ali

> >

> >

>

heyit it revised febr.1012 SincerelyLyudmyla From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:49 Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thanks for bringing these points into our notice. Which is the old edition that u r referring to? As I have the one that was revised in june 2011 and can't find the differences you mentioned.

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > ÂÂ

> > REGARDS

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ÂÂ

> >

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> > ÂÂ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent:

> Friday,

> > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> > ÂÂ

> > Hi Guys,

> > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

> >

> > Zubair Ali

> >

> >

>

mine was 2008 ((,so maybe your okey))anyway i attached new oneSincerelyLyudmyla From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:49 Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

Hi Lyudmyla,

Thanks for bringing these points into our notice. Which is the old edition that u r referring to? As I have the one that was revised in june 2011 and can't find the differences you mentioned.

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > ÂÂ

> > REGARDS

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ÂÂ

> >

> > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and is available as buccolam 5mg/ml solution for use in cildren upto 17 years.

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> > ÂÂ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent:

> Friday,

> > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all ORE2 canidates!!**

> >

> >

> > ÂÂ

> > Hi Guys,

> > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is not aware of this I wanted to make it known that the Resuscitation Council have updated their medical emergency and resuscitation guideline document this month. Anyone with an older revised document should note any changes in the newly updated one as the GDC always use the most up to date guidelines/information they can get their hands on. Some of the changes that I have seen without reading it entirely are the addition of Myocardial infarction and the Emergency use of buccal midazolam under the appendices section. There may be more however so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

> >

> > Zubair Ali

> >

> >

>

1 of 1 File(s)

MEdental.pdf

I meant the Old one.. I had read the june 2011 earlier and it seems that the feb

2012 is almost identical to the june 2011.. and i couldn't find these

differences.. :((

Regards,

Smriti

> > >

> > > I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.

> > > PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.

> > >  

> > > REGARDS

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@>

> > >

> > > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16

> > > Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for

all ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >  

> > >

> > > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From: siva2828@

> > > Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530

> > > Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for

all ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >  

> > >

> > >

> > > Thank you so much Ali.

> > >

> > >

> > > From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@>

> > >

> > > Sent:

> > Friday,

> > 24 February 2012 9:12 AM

> > > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >

> > >  

> > > Hi Guys,

> > > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is

so please do check it out. I will attach a link on this message. Take care guys.

> > >

> > > Zubair Ali

> > >

> > > http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm

> > >

> >

>

Thanks a lot! Ya its probably because of that.. :))

Regards,

Smriti

> > >

> > > I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY CHANGE.

> > > PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN MIDAZOLAM PLEASE LET US KNOW.

> > >  

> > > REGARDS

> > >

> > >

> > > From: Sidrah Tul Muntaha <sidrah26@>

> > >

> > > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 19:16

> > > Subject: RE: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for

all ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >  

> > >

> > > One of the changes is that midazolam is now lisenced for pediatric use and

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From: siva2828@

> > > Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:10 +0530

> > > Subject: Re: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for

all ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >  

> > >

> > >

> > > Thank you so much Ali.

> > >

> > >

> > > From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@>

> > >

> > > Sent:

> > Friday,

> > 24 February 2012 9:12 AM

> > > Subject: Resuscitation/Medical Emergency update **Important for all

ORE2 canidates!!**

> > >

> > >

> > >  

> > > Hi Guys,

> > > I am pretty sure that most of us might know by now but for anyone that is

> > >

> > > Zubair Ali

> > >

> > > http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/medental.htm

> > >

> >

>