Sent from on Android

Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Cracked tooth syndrome

Sent:

Sun, Feb 26, 2012 10:07:54 PM

u r examining a patient whom u suspect as a cracked tooth. which of the following signs n symptoms and diagnostic test help confirm ur diagnosisa)pt has pain wen they bite on somethingb)pt has pain wen they release their bite

c)tooth is tender to percussiond)appying orthodontic band to tooth will result in reduction of the paine)transillumunation shows that the light travels thru the toothpg 229 MCQ Kathleen Fann...the answer was given B,D ..how it can be B..shdnt it be A..(as per pg-221 pink book)

please guideAnu

hello Anu , check master dentistry, its given on pg 61 that in cracked tooth that pain occurs on release of bitting pressure. Though i have no idea about option d !! have u read anything related to option d?divi From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

u r examining a patient whom u suspect as a cracked tooth. which of the following signs n symptoms and diagnostic test help confirm ur diagnosisa)pt has pain wen they bite on somethingb)pt has pain wen they release their bite

c)tooth is tender to percussiond)appying orthodontic band to tooth will result in reduction of the paine)transillumunation shows that the light travels thru the toothpg 229 MCQ Kathleen Fann...the answer was given B,D ..how it can be B..shdnt it be A..(as per pg-221 pink book)

please guideAnu

d option is correct as..placing an ortho band (something like molar band) around the cracked tooth will avoid the separation of the tooth fractured fragments..hence the pain will be reduced. my ug book,wikipedia,pink book n sumother sites n pdf files, i explored ..it says..on biting..theres pain coz theres movement of fractured segment..n to diagnose Cracked Tooth Syndrome we do BITING TEST  only.Pain

on biting that ceases after the pressure has been withdrawn isa classical sign.CONFUSED...plz help..Anu

hi Anuthe answer is number B bec in cracked tooth syndrome due to the presence of the crake in the tooth when the pt bite the fractures parts of the tooth structure moves apart off course its only for few microns and on the release of the biting pressure the fractured parts moves toward each other to close the gap. this moment stimulate the movement of the dentinal fluid ( according to the hydrodynamic theory) will cause the pulpal pain.best regardsebtisam From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 22:07 Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

HI DIVISORRY THIS IS NOT RELATEDAccording to the delivering of a better oral health docthe daily sugar intake is60 gm for adults33 gm for childrenYou were asking about a month ago and I kept giving u the total carb figuresbest regardsebtisam From: Divi Divi

<divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 22:29 Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

hello Anu , check master dentistry, its given on pg 61 that in cracked tooth that pain occurs on release of bitting pressure. Though i have no idea about option d !! have u read anything related to option d?divi From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

HI ANUThere is a difference between the the tooth sleuth test that is done to diagnose the cracked tooth condition and the orth band that is used in the treatment.In the slouth test you basically place it between the teeth and ask the pt to close it aid in location the exact cusp in the tooth that`s affected.while the orth band its as u said so if u suspect its a cracked tooth from the pt history confirmed it by a sleuth teeth , oth band can be used for ttt.but it depends on the extension of the crack.answer is B and D sorry I did n`t read all the options the first timebest regards ebtisam From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 22:53 Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

d option is correct as..placing an ortho band (something like molar band) around the cracked tooth will avoid the separation of the tooth fractured fragments..hence the pain will be reduced. my ug book,wikipedia,pink book n sumother sites n pdf files, i explored ..it says..on biting..theres pain coz theres movement of fractured segment..n to diagnose Cracked Tooth Syndrome we do BITING TEST only.Pain

on biting that ceases after the pressure has been withdrawn isa classical sign.CONFUSED...plz help..Anu

yes, I went through that sheet , thanks a lot ebtessam ,I really appreciate this From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:56 PM Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

HI DIVISORRY THIS IS NOT RELATEDAccording to the delivering of a better oral health docthe daily sugar intake is60 gm for adults33 gm for childrenYou were asking about a month ago and I kept giving u the total carb figuresbest regardsebtisam From: Divi Divi

<divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012, 22:29 Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

hello Anu , check master dentistry, its given on pg 61 that in cracked tooth that pain occurs on release of bitting pressure. Though i have no idea about option d !! have u read anything related to option d?divi From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:07 PM Subject:

Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

yes yes ..abt ortho band i was trying to explain Divi abt its use...n validitty of option d.am doubtful abt option A n B..why A is not correct ...hydrodynamic theory fully explains the reason 4 pain..but stimulation of dentinal fluid is occuring even wen the pt is biting n fragments r moving apart ,not only wen the pressure is relesed ...

and moreover..Painon biting that ceases after the pressure has been withdrawn is a classical sign.sorry 4 holding on to one line.but this is where i m stuck.

thanks for explaning me option d Anu, now I have found somthing good for you, see there is pain on both biting and releasing pressure, but pain on releasing the pressur or bite confirms that is is CTS ,, yeahhhh :) " Pain in the tooth upon biting or chewing. Pain is not constant . The tooth may be painful only when eating certain foods or when chewing in a specific way. If the pain is usually experienced upon release of biting pressure, it is a sign that it is a case of cracked tooth syndrome. "question is asking what confirms CTS , so here we are..and i am quite happy with the above statement, hope it clears your doubt too... From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> To:

Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

even i was confused about this, on biting and releasing thing !! but I am happy with this explanation now,, From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 11:34 PM Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

thanks for explaning me option d Anu, now I have found somthing good for you, see there is pain on both biting and releasing pressure, but pain on releasing the pressur or bite confirms that is is CTS ,, yeahhhh :) " Pain in the tooth upon biting or chewing. Pain is not constant . The tooth may be painful only when eating certain foods or when chewing in a specific way. If the pain is usually experienced upon release of biting pressure, it is a sign that it is a case of cracked tooth syndrome. "question is asking what confirms CTS , so here we are..and i am quite happy with the above statement, hope it clears your doubt too... From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> To:

Sent: Sunday, 26 February 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

well even with the tooth sleuth test the pain is felt by the patient on the release of the biting pressure and not on the actual biting itself. Its use is limited to locating the actual part of the tooth that suffers from the crack. From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, 26

February 2012, 23:26 Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

yes yes ..abt ortho band i was trying to explain Divi abt its use...n validitty of option d.am doubtful abt option A n B..why A is not correct ...hydrodynamic theory fully explains the reason 4 pain..but stimulation of dentinal fluid is occuring even wen the pt is biting n fragments r moving apart ,not only wen the pressure is relesed ...

and moreover..Painon biting that ceases after the pressure has been withdrawn is a classical sign.sorry 4 holding on to one line.but this is where i m stuck.

it is B .n D...cracked tooth pain is always when a patient release his bite..!!huma From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu

it would b D aswell...... bcoz sometimes it is difficult to identify a crack.....so this would be the final test that we do...ortho band around the suspect tooth...which can b left in position for weeks to see whether the pain is abolished...n is particularly useful test when the pain is felt infrequently..!!odell...3rd edition....page 55...last para..huma From: Huma Faisal <humafaisal8278@...> To:

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:23 AM Subject: Re: Cracked tooth syndrome

it is B .n D...cracked tooth pain is always when a patient release his bite..!!huma From: Anu Arora <dr.anuarora@...> Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Cracked tooth syndrome

please guideAnu