RemedySpot.com

Re: Intra membranous ossification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Frontal From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Sunday, 19 February 2012 11:07 PM Subject: Intra membranous ossification

Ore question

Which bone is completely formed by intra membranous ossification ?

Maxilla

Mandible

Temporal

Frontal

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Dear balsam,

am reading bone ossification right now my answer to your Q is as far as I know that maxilla and frontal is formed by membranous ossif.

Ossification.—The maxilla is ossified in membrane

.. Mall 40 and Fawcett 41 maintain that it is ossified from two centers only, one for the maxilla proper and one for the premaxilla. These centers appear during the sixth week of fetal life and unite in the beginning of the third month, but the suture between the two portions persists on the palate until nearly middle life. Mall states that the frontal process is developed from both centers. The maxillary sinus appears as a shallow groove on the nasal surface of the bone about the fourth month of fetal life, but does not reach its full size until after

the second dentition. The maxilla was formerly described as ossifying from six centers, viz., one, the orbitonasal, forms that portion of the body of the bone which lies medial to the infraorbital canal, including the medial part of the floor of the orbit and the lateral wall of the nasal cavity; a second, the zygomatic, gives origin to the portion which lies lateral to the infraorbital canal, including the zygomatic process; from a third, the palatine, is developed the palatine process posterior to the incisive canal together with the adjoining part of the nasal wall; a fourth, the premaxillary, forms the incisive bone which carries the incisor teeth and corresponds to the premaxilla of the lower vertebrates; 42 a fifth, the nasal, gives rise to the

frontal process and the portion above the canine tooth; and a sixth, the infravomerine, lies between the palatine and premaxillary centers and beneath the vomer; this center, together with the corresponding center of the opposite bone, separates the incisive canals from each other.

Ossification (Fig. 136).—The frontal bone is ossified in membrane from two primary centers, one for each half, which appear toward the end of the second month of fetal life, one above each supraorbital margin. From each of these centers ossification extends upward to form the corresponding half of the squama, and backward to form the orbital plate. The spine is ossified from a pair of secondary centers, on either side of the middle line; similar centers appear in the nasal part and zygomatic processes. At birth the bone consists of two pieces, separated by the frontal suture, which is usually obliterated, except at its lower part, by the eighth year, but occasionally persists throughout life. It is generally maintained that the development of the frontal sinuses begins at the end of the

first or beginning of the second year, but Onodi’s researches indicate that development begins at birth. The sinuses are of considerable size by the seventh or eighth year, but do not attain their full proportions until after puberty.

so if that a SBA it cannot be right but if it was EMQ may be coz as far as i know in EMQ you can inclode more than one answer to one Q OR else .correct me if any thing wrong in this em

reference is Gray's ana

From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Sunday, 19 February 2012, 23:07Subject: Intra membranous ossification

Ore questionWhich bone is completely formed by intra membranous ossification ?MaxillaMandibleTemporalFrontal ThanksSent from my iPad

Hi allAre you sure that both the maxilla and frontal bone are options?From the book am reading1.PARIETAL2.FRONTAL3. MAXILLA undergo intramembranous ossification From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < >

Sent: Sunday, 19 February 2012, 23:16 Subject: Re: Intra membranous ossification

Frontal From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Sunday, 19 February 2012 11:07 PM Subject: Intra membranous ossification

Ore question

Maxilla

Mandible

Temporal

Frontal

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Its true these three are intra membeanous ossified.sphenoid,occipetal,temporal and ethmoid are endocondrally ossified.Mandible has both ossifications. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012 12:22 AM Subject: Re: Intra membranous

ossification

Hi allAre you sure that both the maxilla and frontal bone are options?From the book am reading1.PARIETAL2.FRONTAL3. MAXILLA undergo intramembranous ossification From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" " < >

Sent: Sunday, 19 February 2012, 23:16 Subject: Re: Intra membranous ossification

Ore question

Maxilla

Mandible

Temporal

Frontal

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

HI KANIKAAccording to human anatomy for dental students bone developmentIntramembranous ossificationis:1. parietal2. maxilla3. frontal4. nasal bone5.vomer6. lacrimalMixed is: (TOMS)1. temporal2. occipital3. mandible4. sphenoidEndocondrial OSSIFICATION:1. HYOID2.

INFERIOR NASAL CONCHAE3. Ethmoid boneBest regardsEbtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012, 0:35 Subject: Re: Intra membranous ossification

Its true these three are intra membeanous ossified.sphenoid,occipetal,temporal and ethmoid are endocondrally ossified.Mandible has both ossifications. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012 12:22 AM Subject: Re: Intra membranous

ossification

Hi allAre you sure that both the maxilla and frontal bone are options?From the book am reading1.PARIETAL2.FRONTAL3. MAXILLA undergo intramembranous ossification From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> To:

" " < >

Ore question

Maxilla

Mandible

Temporal

Frontal

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Thanks alot for correcting me bcos this info i got from wiki few days ago in human skull but your info and source seems to be more reliable.Again thanks. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012 1:14 AM Subject: Re: Intra

membranous ossification

HI KANIKAAccording to human anatomy for dental students bone developmentIntramembranous ossificationis:1. parietal2. maxilla3. frontal4. nasal bone5.vomer6. lacrimalMixed is: (TOMS)1. temporal2. occipital3. mandible4. sphenoidEndocondrial OSSIFICATION:1.

HYOID2.

INFERIOR NASAL CONCHAE3. Ethmoid boneBest regardsEbtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012, 0:35 Subject: Re: Intra membranous ossification

ossification

" " < >

Ore question

Maxilla

Mandible

Temporal

Frontal

Thanks

Sent from my iPad