RemedySpot.com

exercises

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Love your explanation!!Very easy to understand,thank you for that!! SincerelyLyudmyla From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:22 Subject: Re: exercises

Hi,

its hard to explain it in writing and i am not an expert in physio but i'll try..

to understand the changes during exercise, we need to know what is required by the body in such a situation..

Imagine yourself doing a workout and the physical changes will be apparent:

1. increased heart rate.

2. increased flushing/warmth/sweating.

3. breathlessness

the other changes in the body would be to increase the flow of blood to the areas where it is needed the most: the skeletal muscles and to some extent, the skin.

Now, To increase this flow, we need vasodilation but since the total amount of blood in the body is limited, we also need vasoconstriction in areas that do not need blood at that time: viscera/kidney/etc..

Peripheral resistance is a measure of the resistance to the flow of blood in any vessel. so obviously, vasodilation would decrease PR and vasoconstriction would inc it.

when exercising, the amt of vasodilation in the working muscles is much greater than the amt of vasoconst in the non working areas leading to a "NET DECREASE" in TOTAL peripheral resistance.

Now, cardiac output is the amount of blood pumped by the heart each minute, which should increase to be able to supply the increased demands of the body during exercise. cardiac output is a function of heart rate and stroke volume C.O=H.R * S.V ,

We know that the heart rate increases during exercise.

Stroke volume is simply the amount of blood pumped by the heart in each stroke i.e after each systole.

To increase the stroke volume we need

1. increased volume of blood in the heart to pump out and

2. increased effectiveness of the heart to pump out this blood i.e increased contraction.

To increase the volume of blood in the heart, the end-diastolic volume should increase, which is a result of an increased venous return.

and an increase in the heart's contraction is caused by increased sympathetic stimulation to the heart(beta 1 receptor action) and to some extent by the frank-starling mechanism.

So, we have a NET INCREASE in cardiac output.

All these changes will occur in moderate to extensive exercising, however exercising beyond a limit can cause a decrease in the cardiac output because increased heart rate also decreases the amount of time available for filling, which would decrease the stroke volume and hence ultimately the cardiac output..

My apologies for limiting the reply to only the changes that you had specifically mentioned as its hard to type all of it.. If there's anything else that you'd like to know, please feel free to ask..

Hope this helps in some way..

Regards,

Smriti

>

> yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> regards

> divi

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> Subject: exercises

>

>

> Â

> guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really appreciate it

> cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

>

:) thanks...

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its

just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can

explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac

output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> > regards

> > divi

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> > Subject: exercises

> >

> >

> >  

> > guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise

is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really

appreciate it

> > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> >

>

thanks a lot Smriti, that is a very nice explanation. Which book you referred for this? Can you please also explain the effect on total peripheral resistance on externious exercise (last part, ) .divi.. From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 6:22 PM Subject: Re: exercises

Hi,

its hard to explain it in writing and i am not an expert in physio but i'll try..

to understand the changes during exercise, we need to know what is required by the body in such a situation..

1. increased heart rate.

3. breathlessness

the other changes in the body would be to increase the flow of blood to the areas where it is needed the most: the skeletal muscles and to some extent, the skin.

Now, To increase this flow, we need vasodilation but since the total amount of blood in the body is limited, we also need vasoconstriction in areas that do not need blood at that time: viscera/kidney/etc..

Peripheral resistance is a measure of the resistance to the flow of blood in any vessel. so obviously, vasodilation would decrease PR and vasoconstriction would inc it.

when exercising, the amt of vasodilation in the working muscles is much greater than the amt of vasoconst in the non working areas leading to a "NET DECREASE" in TOTAL peripheral resistance.

Now, cardiac output is the amount of blood pumped by the heart each minute, which should increase to be able to supply the increased demands of the body during exercise. cardiac output is a function of heart rate and stroke volume C.O=H.R * S.V ,

Stroke volume is simply the amount of blood pumped by the heart in each stroke i.e after each systole.

2. increased effectiveness of the heart to pump out this blood i.e increased contraction.

To increase the volume of blood in the heart, the end-diastolic volume should increase, which is a result of an increased venous return.

and an increase in the heart's contraction is caused by increased sympathetic stimulation to the heart(beta 1 receptor action) and to some extent by the frank-starling mechanism.

All these changes will occur in moderate to extensive exercising, however exercising beyond a limit can cause a decrease in the cardiac output because increased heart rate also decreases the amount of time available for filling, which would decrease the stroke volume and hence ultimately the cardiac output..

My apologies for limiting the reply to only the changes that you had specifically mentioned as its hard to type all of it.. If there's anything else that you'd like to know, please feel free to ask..

Regards,

Smriti

>

> yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> regards

> divi

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really appreciate it

> cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

>

Hi,

You are welcome.. :)))

As far as I know, the total peripheral resistance stays low even in extensive

exercise as long as the exercise is well distributed( not involving particular

muscle groups only), but even though this decreased PR tries to maintain a high

V.R, it is not able to do so because of decreased filling time.

Book- Vander's has explained it well.. :)

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its

just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can

explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac

output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> > regards

> > divi

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> >  

> > guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise

is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really

appreciate it

> > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> >

>

thanks smriti once again, that was brilliant .. god bless ya.. From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 6:58 PM Subject: Re: exercises

Hi,

You are welcome.. :)))

As far as I know, the total peripheral resistance stays low even in extensive exercise as long as the exercise is well distributed( not involving particular muscle groups only), but even though this decreased PR tries to maintain a high V.R, it is not able to do so because of decreased filling time.

Book- Vander's has explained it well.. :)

Regards,

Smriti

> >

> > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> > regards

> > divi

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > ÂÂ

> > guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really appreciate it

> > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> >

>

Its my pleasure.. :) Thank you for your kind words.. :)

Regards,

Smriti

> > >

> > > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its

just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one

can explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance ,

cardiac output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> > > regards

> > > divi

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@>

> > > " " < >

> > > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> > > Subject: exercises

> > >

> > >

> > >  

> > > guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during

exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I

really appreciate it

> > > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> > >

> >

>

it was brilliant ...so easily you explained everything .....loved it!!!thanks anywezshwetaOn Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM, doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> wrote:

Its my pleasure.. :) Thank you for your kind words.. :)

Regards,

Smriti

> > >

> > > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache , its just not going into my brain ,  I will highly appreciate it if any one can explain thr  cardo vascular changes (total pheriphal resistance , cardiac output , etc etc )  in moderate and extraneous exercises ..

> > > regards

> > > divi

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@>

> > > " " < >

> > > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> > > Subject: exercises

> > >

> > >

> > >  

> > > guys I give up the Control of the cardiovascular system during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling to share I really appreciate it

> > > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> > >

> >

>

Great explanation , thank a lot smriti

> > > > >

> > > > > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache

> > , its just not going into my brain , ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ I will highly

appreciate it

> > if any one can explain thr ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ cardo vascular changes (total

pheriphal

> > resistance , cardiac output , etc etc ) ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ in moderate and

extraneous

> > exercises ..

> >

> > > > > regards

> > > > > divi

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ________________________________

> > > > > From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@>

> > > > > " " <

> > >

> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> > > > > Subject: exercises

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ

> > > > > guys I give up theÃÆ'‚ÂÂ Control of the cardiovascular

system

> > during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling

> > to share I really appreciate it

> > > > > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

thanks million doc grateful and speechless From: doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 18:22 Subject: Re: exercises

Hi,

1. increased heart rate.

3. breathlessness

Regards,

Smriti

>

> regards

> divi

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

>

Thanks everyone.. Glad to know it was helpful.. :)

Regards,

Smriti

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yess, very true I gave up reading it yesterday , It gave me headache

> > > , its just not going into my brain , ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ I will highly

appreciate it

> > > if any one can explain thr ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ cardo vascular changes

(total pheriphal

> > > resistance , cardiac output , etc etc ) ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ in moderate and

extraneous

> > > exercises ..

> > >

> > > > > > regards

> > > > > > divi

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ________________________________

> > > > > > From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@>

> > > > > > " " <

> > > >

> > > > > > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 8:44 PM

> > > > > > Subject: exercises

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ÃÆ'‚ÂÂ

> > > > > > guys I give up theÃÆ'‚ÂÂ Control of the cardiovascular

system

> > > during exercise is a nightmare does any one digest its concept and welling

> > > to share I really appreciate it

> > > > > > cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>