RemedySpot.com

Re: prostho questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi Nebia1. Rest seat ( mesialy located) -proximal plate- I bar clasp2. Based overdentuebest regardsebtisam From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26 Subject: prostho questions

please can someone answer to this prostho questions

1- what is RPI in partial denture?

2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

implant

based overdenture

extraction and wait healing to make a new denture

extraction and make an immediate denture

RCT if canine treatable and overdenture

thank's

imene.

1.Rest,Proximal seat,I bar From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 8:26 AM Subject: prostho questions

2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

thanks for the answer ebessam

but do you think that the overdenture is not going to compound the perio

problem?

imene.

>

>

>

>

> hi Nebia

>

> 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)  -proximal plate- I bar clasp

> 2. Based overdentue

>

> best regards

> ebtisam

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...>

>

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26

> Subject: prostho questions

>

>

>  

> please can someone answer to this prostho questions

>

> 1- what is RPI in partial denture?

>

> 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less

than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

> implant

> based overdenture

> extraction and wait healing to make a new denture

> extraction and make an immediate denture

> RCT if canine treatable and overdenture

>

> thank's

> imene.

>

Isn't it "Implant based overdenture"? I think that would make more sense, what do you think?

From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...>Subject: Re: prostho questions Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 11:46

thanks for the answer ebessambut do you think that the overdenture is not going to compound the perio problem?imene.>> > > > hi Nebia> > 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)Â -proximal plate- I bar clasp> 2. Based overdentue> > best regards> ebtisam> > > > > ________________________________> From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...>> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26> Subject: prostho questions> > > Â > please can someone answer to this prostho questions> > 1- what is RPI in partial denture? > > 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:> implant> based overdenture> extraction and wait healing to make a new denture> extraction and make an immediate denture> RCT if canine treatable and overdenture> > thank's> imene.>

Hi,I think for the second will be the last option. Correct me if wrong.Ahmed

Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: prostho questions

Sent:

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 11:18:15 AM

1.Rest,Proximal seat,I bar From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 8:26 AM Subject: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture? From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AM Subject: Re: prostho questions

hi Nebia1. Rest seat ( mesialy located) -proximal plate- I bar clasp2. Based overdentuebest regardsebtisam From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> To:

Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26 Subject: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

Hi guess extraction and wait for healing is the right one.From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...>Subject: Re: prostho questions Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 11:46 AM

thanks for the answer ebessam

but do you think that the overdenture is not going to compound the perio problem?

imene.

>

>

>

>

> hi Nebia

>

> 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)Â -proximal plate- I bar clasp

> 2. Based overdentue

>

> best regards

> ebtisam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

> 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

> implant

> based overdenture

>

> thank's

> imene.

>

I don'tthink that the extraction and waiting for healig is te correct answer,

the esthetic will be compromised.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hi Nebia

>

> >

>

> > 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)  -proximal plate- I bar clasp

>

> > 2. Based overdentue

>

> >

>

> > best regards

>

> > ebtisam

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > ________________________________

>

> > From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@>

>

> >

>

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26

>

> > Subject: prostho questions

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >  

>

> > please can someone answer to this prostho questions

>

> >

>

> > 1- what is RPI in partial denture?

>

> >

>

> > 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing

less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

>

> > implant

>

> > based overdenture

>

> > extraction and wait healing to make a new denture

>

> > extraction and make an immediate denture

>

> > RCT if canine treatable and overdenture

>

> >

>

> > thank's

>

> > imene.

>

> >

>

hi diviIts an overdentureI choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:1. Increase retention2. offer proprioceptive stimulation3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate of bone

resorption4. increase the masticatory forceI choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)check pink book overdenturebest regardsebtisam. From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59 Subject: Re: prostho questions

hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture? From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AM Subject: Re: prostho questions

hi Nebia1. Rest seat ( mesialy located) -proximal plate- I bar clasp2. Based overdentuebest regardsebtisam From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> To:

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

thanks for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term "based" in based overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ? divi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

hi diviIts an overdentureI choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:1. Increase retention2. offer proprioceptive stimulation3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the

remodeling and decrease the rate of bone

resorption4. increase the masticatory forceI choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)check pink book overdenturebest regardsebtisam. From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59 Subject: Re: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

its actually implant based overdenture in option...don't get confused. From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:51 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

thanks for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term "based" in based overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ? divi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

hi diviIts an overdentureI choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:1. Increase retention2. offer proprioceptive stimulation3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

ohh thanks kanika, i didin see that "implant" ... oops .. :D From: "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 2:01 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

Implant overbasedSorry.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- Re: prostho questions From: Kanika Kohli CC:

Hi guys, I think it s a typo: you know how the first option says "implant" and the second says "based overdenture"? Shouldn't it be "implant based overdenture", as one option?

What do you think?

Ana

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>Subject: Re: prostho questions" " < >Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 13:51

thanks for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term "based" in based overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ?

divi

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PMSubject: Re: prostho questions

hi divi

Its an overdenture

I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.

since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.

It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.

According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:

1. Increase retention

2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate of bone resorption

4. increase the masticatory force

I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)

check pink book overdenture

best regards

ebtisam.

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59Subject: Re: prostho questions

hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture?

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AMSubject: Re: prostho questions

hi Nebia

1. Rest seat ( mesialy located) -proximal plate- I bar clasp

2. Based overdentue

best regards

ebtisam

From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26Subject: prostho questions

please can someone answer to this prostho questions1- what is RPI in partial denture? 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:implantbased overdentureextraction and wait healing to make a new dentureextraction and make an immediate dentureRCT if canine treatable and overdenturethank'simene.

yes, I agree I think it's implant overdenture,

do you all agree with that, it's the best option!!!

>

>

> From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>

> Subject: Re: prostho questions

> " " < >

> Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 13:51

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

> thanks   for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth

rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as

well, I was just not sure of the term " based " in based overdentures . I thought

it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ?  

>

>

> divi

>

>

>

>

>

>

> From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

> hi divi

>

> Its an overdenture

> I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth

remaining in the arch.

> since you reduce the tooth length  to a dome shape, you decrease the crown

and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.

> It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in  the

arch.

> According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth

, they can be preserved to:

>

>

> 1. Increase retention

> 2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

> 3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate

of bone resorption

> 4. increase the masticatory force

>

> I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket

depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)

> check pink book overdenture

>

>

> best regards

> ebtisam.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59

>

>

>

>  

>

>

> hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture?

>

>

>

>

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

> hi Nebia

>

>

> 2. Based overdentue

>

>

> best regards

> ebtisam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less

> implant

> based overdenture

>

> thank's

> imene.

>

thanks kanika I have n`t read the question properlyso I will go with RCT and an overdenturewhat do u think?ebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 13:59 Subject: Re: prostho questions

its actually implant based overdenture in option...don't get confused. From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:51 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

yes ur rightI haevn`t read the question properly From: Ana carolina Soares dunlop <anadunlop@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 14:32 Subject: Re: prostho questions

Hi guys, I think it s a typo: you know how the first option says "implant" and the second says "based overdenture"? Shouldn't it be "implant based overdenture", as one option?

What do you think?

Ana

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>Subject: Re: prostho questions" " < >Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 13:51

thanks for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term "based" in based overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ?

divi

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PMSubject: Re: prostho questions

hi divi

Its an overdenture

I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.

since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.

It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.

According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:

1. Increase retention

2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate of bone resorption

4. increase the masticatory force

I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)

check pink book overdenture

best regards

ebtisam.

From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59Subject: Re: prostho questions

hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture?

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AMSubject: Re: prostho questions

hi Nebia

1. Rest seat ( mesialy located) -proximal plate- I bar clasp

2. Based overdentue

best regards

ebtisam

From: Nebia Leila imene <imene.nebia@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 8:26Subject: prostho questions

please can someone answer to this prostho questions1- what is RPI in partial denture? 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:implantbased overdentureextraction and wait healing to make a new dentureextraction and make an immediate dentureRCT if canine treatable and overdenturethank'simene.

Hi EbtessamEven i think it should be the answer because its always better u do rct before providing overdentures.more over for implants bone level should be very good but i dont know whether 50% bone needs augmentation or not. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 4:00 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

thanks kanika I have n`t read the question properlyso I will go with RCT and an overdenturewhat do u think?ebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 13:59 Subject: Re: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

RCT+overdenture,in qs they are hinting( canine..last teeth... pocketing less than 2mm...to choose this option,so go for it)) SincerelyLyudmyla From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 16:29 Subject: Re:

prostho questions

Hi EbtessamEven i think it should be the answer because its always better u do rct before providing overdentures.more over for implants bone level should be very good but i dont know whether 50% bone needs augmentation or not. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 4:00 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

thanks kanika I have n`t read the question properlyso I will go with RCT and an overdenturewhat do u think?ebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

I think it should be RCT of Canine and overdenture

Regards,

margi

>

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> hi Nebia

>

> 2. Based overdentue

>

> best regards

> ebtisam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

> implant

> based overdenture

>

> thank's

> imene.

>

Thanks Lyudmyla.Just want to know how much bone level is required for implants. From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 4:39 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

RCT+overdenture,in qs they are hinting( canine..last teeth... pocketing less than 2mm...to choose this option,so go for it)) SincerelyLyudmyla From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 16:29 Subject: Re:

prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.

It cannot be implant based overdenture as both canines are present we should do

RCT in them and give OVerdenture..implant would be used in edentulous mouth or

where enough abutment teeth are not present

Margi

> >

> >

> > From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@>

> > Subject: Re: prostho questions

> > " " < >

> > Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 13:51

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thanks   for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the

teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone

resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term " based " in based

overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special

type ?  

> >

> >

> > divi

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hi divi

> >

> > Its an overdenture

> > I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth

remaining in the arch.

> > since you reduce the tooth length  to a dome shape, you decrease the crown

> > It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in  the

arch.

> > According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the

teeth , they can be preserved to:

> >

> >

> > 1. Increase retention

> > 2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

> > 3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the

rate of bone resorption

> > 4. increase the masticatory force

> >

> > I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket

> > check pink book overdenture

> >

> >

> > best regards

> > ebtisam.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> > hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hi Nebia

> >

> >

> > 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)  -proximal plate- I bar clasp

> > 2. Based overdentue

> >

> >

> > best regards

> > ebtisam

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> > 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing

less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

> > implant

> > based overdenture

> >

> > thank's

> > imene.

> >

>

hi,

there is the answer in pink book p328 that the RCT is usually required, and one

of the advantages of overdenture is to preserve bone.

so the answer is definetly the last one.

what do you think?

>

> RCT+overdenture,in qs they are hinting( canine..last teeth... pocketing less

than 2mm...to choose this option,so go for it))

>

>  

> Sincerely

> Lyudmyla

>

>

> From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 16:29

>

>

>  

> Hi Ebtessam

>

> Even i think it should be the answer because its always better u do rct before

providing overdentures.

> more over for implants bone level should be very good but i dont know whether

50% bone needs augmentation or not.

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 4:00 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> thanks kanika

>

> I have n`t read the question properly

> so I will go with RCT and an overdenture

> what do u think?

>

> ebtisam

>

>

> From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 13:59

>

>

>  

> its actually implant based overdenture in option...

> don't get confused.

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:51 PM

>

>

>  

> thanks   for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth

rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as

well, I was just not sure of the term " based " in based overdentures . I thought

it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ?  

>

> divi

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

> hi divi

>

> Its an overdenture

> I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth

remaining in the arch.

> since you reduce the tooth length  to a dome shape, you decrease the crown

> It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in  the

arch.

> According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth

, they can be preserved to:

>

> 1. Increase retention

> 2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

> 3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate

of bone resorption

> 4. increase the masticatory force

>

> I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket

> check pink book overdenture

>

> best regards

> ebtisam.

>

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59

>

>

>  

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> hi Nebia

>

> 2. Based overdentue

>

> best regards

> ebtisam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

> implant

> based overdenture

>

> thank's

> imene.

>

yes I also believe its RCT PLUS AN OVER DENTUREaccording to the conservative approach From: doc_margi <doc_margi@...> Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 16:45 Subject: Re: prostho questions

It cannot be implant based overdenture as both canines are present we should do RCT in them and give OVerdenture..implant would be used in edentulous mouth or where enough abutment teeth are not present

Margi

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 13:51

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thanks  for the explanation ebtessam , yes i agree we should save the teeth rather and extracting , it helps in prorioception and it dec bone resorption as well, I was just not sure of the term "based" in based overdentures . I thought it is some kind /type of overdenture. Is it any special type ? Â

> >

> >

> > divi

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 1:36 PM

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hi divi

> >

> > Its an overdenture

> > I choose it since the ideal indication is when the canine are the only teeth remaining in the arch.

> > since you reduce the tooth length to a dome shape, you decrease the crown and root ratio thus reducing the stresses on the teeth.

> > It indicated ideally when the canines are the only remaining teeth in the arch.

> > According to the conservative dental approach instead of extracting the teeth , they can be preserved to:

> >

> >

> > 1. Increase retention

> > 2. offer proprioceptive stimulation

> > 3. transmit the forces to the bone aid in the remodeling and decrease the rate of bone resorption

> > 4. increase the masticatory force

> >

> > I choose it since its more conservative and the tooth only had a 2 mm pocket depth, plus they are canines ( corner stone of the arch with long roots)

> > check pink book overdenture

> >

> >

> > best regards

> > ebtisam.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 12:59

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> > hello ebtessam , can you plz tell me what is a based over denture?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 11:06 AM

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hi Nebia

> >

> >

> > 1. Rest seat ( mesialy located)Â -proximal plate- I bar clasp

> > 2. Based overdentue

> >

> >

> > best regards

> > ebtisam

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> > 2- patient has a nice partial denture with a canine(last teeth) pocketing less than 2mm and 50% bone support, what treatement is the best:

> > implant

> > based overdenture

> >

> > thank's

> > imene.

> >

>

i think it is 10x6..but maybe i am wrong,also the bone graft can be added SincerelyLyudmyla From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 16:42 Subject: Re: prostho questions

Thanks Lyudmyla.Just want to know how much bone level is required for implants. From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 4:39 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

prostho questions

Hi EbtessamEven i think it should be the answer because its always better u do rct before providing overdentures.more over for implants bone level should be very good but i dont know whether 50% bone needs augmentation or not. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday,

29 February 2012 4:00 PM Subject: Re: prostho questions

implant

based overdenture

thank's

imene.