GDC reply to ORE 2 Complaint

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear friends

i have recieved a reply from GDC today regarding my complaint with regards to

booking exams by E pay .Nothing new in that just few points i thought should

share with you all.

1. there are only 753 candidates on waiting list now, which i thought was more

than 1000 so thats a bit relief {even it won't change much }.

2. they are trying to conduct more part 2 diets in 2013 but they can't do that

for this year as they have to book the venue and its already done for this year

3.regarding opening the exam dates for july ,sept ,nov and dec they did not

promise that will be opened before march part 2 results but she just said that

they will inform us immediatly whenever dates are available .

4. in my complaint letter i also mentioned about the expenses for exam specially

for courses and on that she replied that 'they don't expect us to do any courses

as we have 1600 hrs of clinical experiece ' . How funny is that they will never

admit that courses are required .From my point of view because we are out of

touch with clinical work and to learn the way things work here in uk courses are

must .Funny enough GDC doesn't recognises this fact and they want to test us so

that we can come to same standard so as to work in this country .

anyways friends keep trying your luck to book exam , nothing is going to change

.....we only have to face the music !!!!

all the best to all

sushma

Hi SushmaThank you for sharing this information,very important From: sushma <sushmapandey02@...> Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2012, 19:14 Subject: GDC reply to ORE 2 Complaint

dear friends

i have recieved a reply from GDC today regarding my complaint with regards to booking exams by E pay .Nothing new in that just few points i thought should share with you all.

1. there are only 753 candidates on waiting list now, which i thought was more than 1000 so thats a bit relief {even it won't change much }.

2. they are trying to conduct more part 2 diets in 2013 but they can't do that for this year as they have to book the venue and its already done for this year .

3.regarding opening the exam dates for july ,sept ,nov and dec they did not promise that will be opened before march part 2 results but she just said that they will inform us immediatly whenever dates are available .

4. in my complaint letter i also mentioned about the expenses for exam specially for courses and on that she replied that 'they don't expect us to do any courses as we have 1600 hrs of clinical experiece ' . How funny is that they will never admit that courses are required .From my point of view because we are out of touch with clinical work and to learn the way things work here in uk courses are must .Funny enough GDC doesn't recognises this fact and they want to test us so that we can come to same standard so as to work in this country .

anyways friends keep trying your luck to book exam , nothing is going to change ....we only have to face the music !!!!

all the best to all

sushma

hi Sushma, that is the exact same thing they wrote to me ' training courses are not a pre-requisite to the ore examination.'then how to they expect us to learn how dentistry is done in the uk. It is obviously not the way , we have learnt in our undergraduate , i mean ok basics are same.. but the materials, cross infection. techniques, standards , importance given to managing medical emergencies and soooo many other things are different from what our dentists back home are doing everyday. that is why they are keeping the exam for us first place , coz we aren't trained to their 'standards'then how do they expect us to take a 2250£ exam without prior training

courses... strange logic..!!well , its their way or the highway , unfortunately we have no choice .all the best to us .. From: sushma <sushmapandey02@...> Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2012, 19:14 Subject: GDC reply to ORE 2 Complaint

dear friends

i have recieved a reply from GDC today regarding my complaint with regards to booking exams by E pay .Nothing new in that just few points i thought should share with you all.

1. there are only 753 candidates on waiting list now, which i thought was more than 1000 so thats a bit relief {even it won't change much }.

2. they are trying to conduct more part 2 diets in 2013 but they can't do that for this year as they have to book the venue and its already done for this year .

3.regarding opening the exam dates for july ,sept ,nov and dec they did not promise that will be opened before march part 2 results but she just said that they will inform us immediatly whenever dates are available .

4. in my complaint letter i also mentioned about the expenses for exam specially for courses and on that she replied that 'they don't expect us to do any courses as we have 1600 hrs of clinical experiece ' . How funny is that they will never admit that courses are required .From my point of view because we are out of touch with clinical work and to learn the way things work here in uk courses are must .Funny enough GDC doesn't recognises this fact and they want to test us so that we can come to same standard so as to work in this country .

anyways friends keep trying your luck to book exam , nothing is going to change ....we only have to face the music !!!!

all the best to all

sushma