RemedySpot.com

Re: Treatment plan- advantages and disdvantages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I think we shouldnot confuse ourselves by thinking about advantages and disadvantages of the options given in emergency or stabalization phase as those options are meant to relieve pain and stabalize the active disease which is the responsi...bity of the dentist.....Only in definitive phase options with their advantages and disadvantages can be given where in addition to dentist, its patients choice that matters as well.Where as in stabalization phase its the ethical duty of the dentist to take him out of pain and control the active disease

and patient has no reason to know about advantages and disavantages as he is not choosing his treatment . Views from other colleagues will be much appreciated. Regards,Poonam Julka. From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:02 PM Subject: Re: doubt regarding ulcer treatment plan.

HiI just feel that we need to give the advantages and disadvantages in definitive restorative treatment and kind of impaction of tooth,anxiety management stuff like thatbut I could be wrong... SincerelyLyudmyla From: Priya Pathre

<priyapathre@...> " " < > Cc:

"siva2828@..." <siva2828@...> Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012, 18:49 Subject: Re: doubt regarding ulcer treatment plan.

Dear Siva, Many thanks for your efforts. I appreciate it. But my question is not about treatment options for RAU. I know about that but i am concerned about how to put it according to new guidelines where you have to mention about advantages, disadvantages, and risk assessement of each treatment. Thank you again. From: siva ranjani <siva2828@...> " " < > Cc: "siva2828@..." <siva2828@...> Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012, 18:26 Subject: Re: doubt regarding ulcer treatment plan.

Hi, I tried to attach some information with the mail but it says it is truncated i dont understand what the problem was???For treatment options for RAS refer Cawson page no. 208 chapter 13.Regards,Siva. From: siva ranjani <siva2828@...> " "

< > Cc: "siva2828@..." <siva2828@...> Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012 6:13 PM Subject: Re: doubt regarding ulcer treatment plan. Hi, The problems in treating the RAS is recurrence and as someone mentioned it is due to numerous etiological factors involved and have to exactly findout what is causing them which is difficult part.Coming to the treatment options usually if due to folate or B12 defficiency ulcers subside with these supplements as treatment if unknown etiology and patient gets symptomatic relief from

topical

steroids and

mouthwashes.Also some other problems with covering agents

are ulcers have to be accessible to place the gel, patient has to be dextrous and unpleasant texture and taste.The following table is from Cawson and Odell. I hope this might clear your

doubts.Regards,Siva. From: Qurat <qurat.hayat@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 20 February 2012 3:38 PM Subject: Re: doubt regarding

ulcer treatment plan.

Can we prescribe topical steroids in oRE exam, can someone plz answer.....Difflam m/w: adv. Relieve any pain or discomfortD/a: can't be used for more than a monthChlorhexidine m/w: adv. Prevent any secondary infections, relieve pain/discomfort/rednessD/a: can't be used for more than a month bc of staining of teethI am not sure if this is right, plz give ur commentsSent from my iPhoneOn 20 Feb 2012, at 13:34, Priya Pathre <priyapathre@...> wrote:

Hello Friends, can some one please mention what could be possible disadvantages and risk assessment for RAU treatment options. As in Recurrent Apthous Ulcers you would correct etiological factors, and do palliative measures like Topical steroids, clorhexidine mouthwash and Diflam mouthwash . I am not sure what could be the disadvantage and risk with this treatment. Any help would be highly appreciated. thank you.