RemedySpot.com

Re: Indices for scoring oral debris,plaque and calculus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i think they are mentioning about the periodontal screening and recarding.(PSR)the PSR system is designed for easier and faster screening and recarding of the perio status of pt.It uses a spl probe called WHO probe or the PSR probe .it has 0 .5mm ball tip and color coded from 3.5 to 5.5mm. the pt mouth is divided into six sextants anterior, left, right in max and mandible.then circumfrancial probing done around the tooth,recarding atlest six places in each tooth.(mesial middle distal in palatal and buccal)the deepest findind recaded in each segment and coded.code 0-colored band is

visible. no BOP. no treatmentcode 1 -colored band visible.bleeds on probing.-OHI and subgingival plaque removalcode 2- -colored band visible..bleeds on probing.calculas present.-OHI subgingival plaque removal,correct the restorative margins.code 3-color band partially submerged-comprehensive perio examinationcode 4-colour band completely disappers,indicating >5.5 mm.comprehensive perio examination and treatment plan neededcode*-when any of the abnormalitis seen an * entered along with code number.eg tooth

mobility,furcation involvement gig recession etc.this shoule be recarded with date in pts recard.hope it helps.Thanks & Regards,Padma From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 22:36 Subject: Indices for scoring oral debris,plaque and calculus

Hi all,

Could someone pls explain the score mentioned in page 9 master dentistry 2.eg record on six surface of tooth divide total by number of surfaces.Can someone pls. Explain and also that of oral hygiene index..

Thanks a lot Miral

Thank you so much but the table I mentioned is said to be very important acc to dr pretam that is why I was trying to understand it....the score is a bit different ,thanks againSent from my iPadOn 28 Feb 2012, at 09:59, Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...> wrote:

i think they are mentioning about the periodontal screening and recarding.(PSR)the PSR system is designed for easier and faster screening and recarding of the perio status of pt.It uses a spl probe called WHO probe or the PSR probe .it has 0 .5mm ball tip and color coded from 3.5 to 5.5mm. the pt mouth is divided into six sextants anterior, left, right in max and mandible.then circumfrancial probing done around the tooth,recarding atlest six places in each tooth.(mesial middle distal in palatal and buccal)the deepest findind recaded in each segment and coded.code 0-colored band is

visible. no BOP. no treatmentcode 1 -colored band visible.bleeds on probing.-OHI and subgingival plaque removalcode 2- -colored band visible..bleeds on probing.calculas present.-OHI subgingival plaque removal,correct the restorative margins.code 3-color band partially submerged-comprehensive perio examinationcode 4-colour band completely disappers,indicating >5.5 mm.comprehensive perio examination and treatment plan neededcode*-when any of the abnormalitis seen an * entered along with code number.eg tooth

mobility,furcation involvement gig recession etc.this shoule be recarded with date in pts recard.hope it helps.Thanks & Regards,Padma From: miral_hasan <miral_hasan@...> Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 22:36 Subject: Indices for scoring oral debris,plaque and calculus

Hi all,

Could someone pls explain the score mentioned in page 9 master dentistry 2.eg record on six surface of tooth divide total by number of surfaces.Can someone pls. Explain and also that of oral hygiene index..

Thanks a lot Miral

From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 4:25 PM Subject: Re: Indices for scoring oral debris,plaque and calculus

Thank you so much but the table I mentioned is said to be very important acc to dr pretam that is why I was trying to understand it....the score is a bit different ,thanks againSent from my iPadOn 28 Feb 2012, at 09:59, Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...> wrote:

i think they are mentioning about the periodontal screening and recarding.(PSR)the PSR system is designed for easier and faster screening and recarding of the perio status of pt.It uses a spl probe called WHO probe or the PSR probe .it has 0 .5mm ball tip and color coded from 3.5 to 5.5mm. the pt mouth is divided into six sextants anterior, left, right in max and mandible.then circumfrancial probing done around the tooth,recarding atlest six places in each tooth.(mesial middle distal in palatal and buccal)the deepest findind recaded in each segment and

coded.code 0-colored band is

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Miral