RemedySpot.com

Fractured Incisor Osce, please help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,Thanks Ammar for Telling about the new Osces so now we know that there was surveying, scaling instruments & lower ext. consent (GA)osce which were Pilot osces in Jan & April 2011 exam....which were the pilot osce in december 2010 exam , does anyone know? Also I have the following Fractured Incisor Osce for discussion...its a written osce, & the questions were very unclear...I need some feedback for the osce plz. Fractured Incisor Osce There was a picture of fractured Incisor... Q1. Tell the age of the patient...(I think it was

7-9yrs)----Justify Q2. Type of fracture-----( Enamel Dentine fracture) Q3. Treatment options ,explain with indications 1--- If fractured fragment retained then restoration of the tooth by reattaching the fragment. 2--- A direct light cure composite(acid etched) 3---Glassionomer cement if there is insufficient enamel availablefor acid etching. Q4. How would your treatment differ if it was a fracture involving pulp? (there were many fill in the blanks type questions with every blank, there were more blanks had to give indications) If Pulp Vital 1. Direct Pulp Capping: a) within 24hrs of incidentb) tiny exposure lessthan 1mmc) complete / incomplete root developmentd) pulp still vital 2. cvek Pulpotomy: a) exposure more than 1mmb) more than 24hrsc) pulp still vitald) complete / incomplete

root development 3. Coronal pulpotomy: a) large contaminated exposureb) long durationc) incomplete root development Non Vital Incisors: Pulpectomy:immature nonvital permanent incisors can someone please add which other questions were there & if these answers are right or can be improven... Ana

>