RemedySpot.com

to the recent xray..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,Looking at the IOPA of LR 876 --- I think that radiolucency in the mesial aspect of LR7 might be a cavity because the outline of the cervical part of the crown of the tooth is not even, it breaks forming a tiny notch..Alternatively it may be what they call "a cervical burnout". Although, as far as I remember, if cervical burnout happens,--one can see it in the cervical parts of all the teeth on the Xray. Here, the possible burnout is present only on LR7.. From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 14:37 Subject: Re: attempting description of x ray

Thank you guys for all your additions really appreciate that))))))) SincerelyLyudmyla From: rady denty <radydenty@...> Sent: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 9:32 Subject: Re: attempting description of x ray

HiJust wanted to add that you have to mention the positive finding.Iopa in relation to 46,47,48 shows Acute periapical peridontitis in relation to 46 due to localised periapical radiolucency and widenening of periodontal ligament..xray rating-Grade 2.Reason-diagnostically acceptable.Crowns not visible completely for assessments.

Bitewings-shows moderate horizontal bone loss suggestive of Chronic peridontitis.Xray rating-grade 3.Reason-diagnostically unacceptable.Film blurred

poor pt prep for xray

upper teeth bone levels not visible for assessment.

Correct me if wrong,Radhika.

Sent from on Android

From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...>Subject: Re: attempting description of x ray" " < >Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 3:16 AM

yes,sure,possibly not,just wanted to describe as much features as i can)))cheers for your opinion,really appreciated))

SincerelyLyudmyla

From: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 21:29Subject: Re: attempting description of x ray

Hi lyudmyla,

Thanks for your attachment and your description of IOPA.I don't think the radiolucency in the mesiel aspect of LR7 is a cavity.I think it is an artifact.I just want to add the horizontal bone loss associated between 6 and 7 and maybe pockets related to them.Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,Padma

From: Lyudmyla Huhley <huhley2006@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 24 February 2012, 20:53Subject: attempting description of x ray [1 Attachment]

Hi guys

I want to share my description of xrays,please correct me if i am wrong and all additions are welcome!)))

Also i uploaded the image in the photo album as well..

The digital peraipical radiograph shows the lower right(i think)third,second ,first molars.The Lower right first molar has a crown and a post in the distal root which is short in length and deviate from the long axis of the root.There is an area of radiolucency in both roots,however,the mesial root has more extensive radiolucency which in continuity with periodontal ligament.Canals are not filled by the apex,and the third canal is indistinct.Poor crown margins and appearance of root caries is visible on distal aspect of the LR6...I did not describe the rest of teeth-basically fillings and on LR7 area of radiolucency under the filling,maybe suggestive a carious lesion.Correct me if I am wrong please.Perio status-early loss of lamina dura-possibly a localised gingivitis due to the ledge/poor margin on the LR6 and mesially tipped LR7

SincerelyLyudmyla