RemedySpot.com

Re: Prevention examples

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi basmalaand thanks for yesterdays answers 1 primary2. teriary3. teriary4. teriary5 .teriary6. secondary7. secondary8. primarycorrect me please if i am wrongebtisam From: Balsam Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 16:36 Subject: Prevention examples

Ore questions about primary , secondary and tertiary prevention examples 1- scaling and polishing2- removable partial denture3- ortho treatment,fixed appliance4- ortho treatment , removable appliance5- root canal treatment 6- filling 7- ortho in mixed dentition 8- fissure and sealant Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Hi ebtessamI think scaling and polishing should come under the category of secondary prevention and why did you choose orthodontics in mixed dentition as secondary...thanks kanika From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 5:15

PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

hi basmalaand thanks for yesterdays answers 1 primary2. teriary3. teriary4. teriary5 .teriary6. secondary7. secondary8. primarycorrect me please if i am wrongebtisam From: Balsam Majid

<balsam_majid@...> Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 16:36 Subject: Prevention examples

Ore questions about primary , secondary and tertiary prevention examples 1- scaling and polishing2- removable partial denture3- ortho treatment,fixed appliance4- ortho treatment , removable appliance5- root canal treatment 6- filling 7- ortho in mixed dentition 8- fissure and sealant Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

yes , can someone please point out all comes under primary ,sec and tertairy prevention. That would be very helpful.Divi From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 7:56 PM Subject: Re:

Prevention examples

Hi ebtessamI think scaling and polishing should come under the category of secondary prevention and why did you choose orthodontics in mixed dentition as secondary...thanks kanika From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 5:15

hi basmalaand thanks for yesterdays answers 1 primary2. teriary3. teriary4. teriary5 .teriary6. secondary7. secondary8. primarycorrect me please if i am wrongebtisam From: Balsam Majid

<balsam_majid@...> Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 16:36 Subject: Prevention examples

Guest guest

HI KANIKAALL THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES ARE PRIMARY THAT`S I AM SURE OFF( since u prevent the disease prior to its occurrence). ex: ( OHI / FISSURE SEALEANT / PT EDUCATION/ SCALING AND POLISHING) Terteriary is the correction of an already manifesting problem: missing teeth, teeth required endo , fixed ect....secondary: early intervention and prevention of further problem ( filling). RE MINERALIZATION OF INCIPIENT LESION)I have written them using A guideline but I can`t remember which i will look for it when I finish studying and send it to u.mixed dentition: The orthodontic treatment carried out in the mixed dentition is called interceptive treatment preventing the

anticipated problem prior to its occurrence ex: placing a space maintainer to preserve the space for the premolar following the premature loss of the EPLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONGBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 19:56 Subject: Re: Prevention examples

Guest guest

the public ch in dental secrets my also be useful From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 20:36 Subject: Re: Prevention examples HI KANIKAALL THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES ARE PRIMARY THAT`S I AM SURE OFF( since u prevent the disease prior to its occurrence). ex: ( OHI / FISSURE SEALEANT / PT EDUCATION/ SCALING AND POLISHING) Terteriary is the correction of an already manifesting problem: missing teeth, teeth required endo , fixed ect....secondary: early intervention and prevention of further problem ( filling). RE MINERALIZATION OF INCIPIENT LESION)I have written them using A guideline but I can`t remember which i will look for it when I finish studying and send it to u.mixed dentition: The orthodontic treatment carried out in the mixed dentition is called interceptive treatment preventing the

anticipated problem prior to its occurrence ex: placing a space maintainer to preserve the space for the premolar following the premature loss of the EPLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONGBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 19:56 Subject: Re: Prevention examples

Guest guest

Hi ebtessamYou are absolutely right.OHI is oral hygeine instructions only.What i read isPrimary means preventing disease initiation by use of health promotion,education and common risk factor approacheg health educationplaque control advice, flourides, caries activity testbrushingSecondary means impeding disease through early diagnosis and treating those who have diseaseeg fillingspreventive resin restorationand i think scaling polishing is required for a patient where the score is 2 and not even with the

bleeding on probing which is score 1.So in my opinion it should come under secondary.Tertiary focuses o replacement method eg providing services to stop loss of function through rehablitationeg pulpotomyrctextractionrpd,fpdtooth movementsperio surgeriesAs far as interceptive orthodontics is concerned i guess it is preventive orthodontics dont you think should come under preventive then.This is my opinion and do correct me if i am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 8:36 PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

HI KANIKAALL THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES ARE PRIMARY THAT`S I AM SURE OFF( since u prevent the disease prior to its occurrence). ex: ( OHI / FISSURE SEALEANT / PT EDUCATION/ SCALING AND POLISHING) Terteriary is the correction of an already manifesting problem: missing teeth, teeth required endo , fixed ect....secondary: early intervention and prevention of further problem ( filling). RE MINERALIZATION OF INCIPIENT LESION)I have written them using A guideline but I can`t remember which i will look for it when I finish studying and send it to u.mixed dentition: The orthodontic treatment carried out in the mixed dentition is called

interceptive treatment preventing the

Guest guest

If scaling and polishing only done when the plaque score is 2 then it should fall under 2ry as u said In the mixed dentition we carry out IN the preventive orthodontics: IT STATE THAT A CHILD SHOULD BE SEEN AS EARLY AS 2 AND A HALF YEARS of age so that any developing malocclusion would be spotted early for ttthowever the interceptive that is carried in the mixed dentition phase: it STATES that an approach that is employed to recognised to eliminate potential iregularities and malpositions in the developing dentofacial complex. Ifor what I understand that there are already abnormalities ex cross bite and u correct the condition to prevent the malocclusion in the perment. so i

believe of fits the secondary preventionWHAT DO U THINK?BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 21:00 Subject: Re: Prevention examples

Hi ebtessamYou are absolutely right.OHI is oral hygeine instructions only.What i read isPrimary means preventing disease initiation by use of health promotion,education and common risk factor approacheg health educationplaque control advice, flourides, caries activity testbrushingSecondary means impeding disease through early diagnosis and treating those who have diseaseeg fillingspreventive resin restorationand i think scaling polishing is required for a patient where the score is 2 and not even with the

bleeding on probing which is score 1.So in my opinion it should come under secondary.Tertiary focuses o replacement method eg providing services to stop loss of function through rehablitationeg pulpotomyrctextractionrpd,fpdtooth movementsperio surgeriesAs far as interceptive orthodontics is concerned i guess it is preventive orthodontics dont you think should come under preventive then.This is my opinion and do correct me if i am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 8:36 PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

HI KANIKAALL THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES ARE PRIMARY THAT`S I AM SURE OFF( since u prevent the disease prior to its occurrence). ex: ( OHI / FISSURE SEALEANT / PT EDUCATION/ SCALING AND POLISHING) Terteriary is the correction of an already manifesting problem: missing teeth, teeth required endo , fixed ect....secondary: early intervention and prevention of further problem ( filling). RE MINERALIZATION OF INCIPIENT LESION)I have written them using A guideline but I can`t remember which i will look for it when I finish studying and send it to u.mixed dentition: The orthodontic treatment carried out in the mixed dentition is called

Guest guest

hello girls, preventive ortho is - primary preventioninterceptive ortho is - secondary preventioncorrective ortho is- tertiary prevention ( removable , fixed appliances and surgical ortho dontics. check this http://screening.iarc.fr/doc/Commision_on_Macroeconomic_and_Health_Bg_P2_Oral_and_dental_diseases.pdf From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

If scaling and polishing only done when the plaque score is 2 then it should fall under 2ry as u said In the mixed dentition we carry out IN the preventive orthodontics: IT STATE THAT A CHILD SHOULD BE SEEN AS EARLY AS 2 AND A HALF YEARS of age so that any developing malocclusion would be spotted early for ttthowever the interceptive that is carried in the mixed dentition phase: it STATES that an approach that is employed to recognised to eliminate potential iregularities and malpositions in the developing dentofacial complex. Ifor what I understand that there are already abnormalities ex cross bite and u correct the condition to prevent

the malocclusion in the perment. so i

believe of fits the secondary preventionWHAT DO U THINK?BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 21:00 Subject: Re: Prevention examples

Hi ebtessamYou are absolutely right.OHI is oral hygeine instructions only.What i read isPrimary means preventing disease initiation by use of health promotion,education and common risk factor approacheg health educationplaque control advice, flourides, caries activity testbrushingSecondary means impeding disease through early diagnosis and treating those who have diseaseeg fillingspreventive resin restorationand i think scaling polishing is required for a patient where the score is 2 and not

even with the

bleeding on probing which is score 1.So in my opinion it should come under secondary.Tertiary focuses o replacement method eg providing services to stop loss of function through rehablitationeg pulpotomyrctextractionrpd,fpdtooth movementsperio surgeriesAs far as interceptive orthodontics is concerned i guess it is preventive orthodontics dont you think should come under preventive then.This is my opinion and do correct me if i am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 8:36 PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

Guest guest

Thanks ebtessam and diviso ortho in mixed dentition comes under secondary dentition.Though i am still skeptical regarding scaling and polishing.could be preventive or secondary.Well,If anyone came across this as well,please clear my doubt.regardskanika From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re: Prevention examples

If scaling and polishing only done when the plaque score is 2 then it should fall under 2ry as u said In the mixed dentition we carry out IN the preventive orthodontics: IT STATE THAT A CHILD SHOULD BE SEEN AS EARLY AS 2 AND A HALF YEARS of age so that any developing malocclusion would be spotted early for ttthowever the interceptive that is carried in the mixed dentition phase: it STATES that an approach that is employed to recognised to eliminate potential iregularities and malpositions in the developing dentofacial complex. Ifor what I understand that there are already abnormalities ex cross bite and u correct the condition to prevent

the malocclusion in the perment. so i

Hi ebtessamYou are absolutely right.OHI is oral hygeine instructions only.What i read isPrimary means preventing disease initiation by use of health promotion,education and common risk factor approacheg health educationplaque control advice, flourides, caries activity testbrushingSecondary means impeding disease through early diagnosis and treating those who have diseaseeg fillingspreventive resin restorationand i think scaling polishing is required for a patient where the score is 2 and not

even with the

Guest guest

Hi all,

I think kanika is right. As I read in a recent

BDA article tht primary prevention is health education and other means wherein disease is prevented from occuring n secondary is any intervention wherein disease is stopped from progressing n tertiary is anything that would be in need of replacing anything tht is lost or regressed beyond a point where it can't be renewed. So scaling n polishing would be secondary. I will post the link when I get it.

On 17 Mar 2012 22:47, " Kanika Kohli " <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Thanks ebtessam and divi

so ortho in mixed dentition comes under secondary dentition.Though i am still skeptical regarding scaling and polishing.could be preventive or secondary.

Well,If anyone came across this as well,please clear my doubt.regardskanika 

________________________________From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " OREmu...

Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 10:07 PMSubject: Re: Prevention examples  If scaling and polishing only done when the plaque score is 2 then it should fall under 2ry as ...

Guest guest

HiI agree with Kinka,,what is the difference between fixed,removable n mixed orthodontics ?All r usually for tt except serial extraction for eg when we want to prevent a disease ,also removable retainers to prevent relapse.pls explainThanks On 17 Mar 2012, at 19:56, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Guest guest

But polishing is usually done before professional application of varnish so that should be primary isn't?Sent from my iPadOn 18 Mar 2012, at 01:25, manochitra d <manochithradurairaju@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I think kanika is right. As I read in a recent

BDA article tht primary prevention is health education and other means wherein disease is prevented from occuring n secondary is any intervention wherein disease is stopped from progressing n tertiary is anything that would be in need of replacing anything tht is lost or regressed beyond a point where it can't be renewed. So scaling n polishing would be secondary. I will post the link when I get it.

On 17 Mar 2012 22:47, "Kanika Kohli" <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Thanks ebtessam and divi

so ortho in mixed dentition comes under secondary dentition.Though i am still skeptical regarding scaling and polishing.could be preventive or secondary.

Well,If anyone came across this as well,please clear my doubt.regardskanika

________________________________From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>"OREmu...

Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012 10:07 PMSubject: Re: Prevention examples If scaling and polishing only done when the plaque score is 2 then it should fall under 2ry as ...