RemedySpot.com

RE: regarding perio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09 +0800Subject: regarding perio

Hi everyoneI was going through extended matching items given in masters for perio and there is one situationA 28 year old lecturer from Nigeria complains of tooth sensitivity and inability to eat due to having loose teeth.Medical history is uneventful and patient doesnot smokeAnswer is Generalised Agressive periodontitisI could not make it out actually why it is so because just on the basis of having loose teeth can we predict it to be generalised agressive periodontitis.Its on pg 48(masters)Any of your help would be much appreciated...regardskanika

Guest guest

HI KANIKASINCE HE IS 29 and from Nigeria so he is more sustainable to Aggresive forms of periodontitis.So its either the localized or the generalized form, its not very clear from the case.but may be since they did n`t limit the symptoms to a specific group or location in the mouth that`s why they choose GENERALIZED FORM.BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 12:02 Subject: regarding perio

Hi everyoneI was going through extended matching items given in masters for perio and there is one situationA 28 year old lecturer from Nigeria complains of tooth sensitivity and inability to eat due to having loose teeth.Medical history is uneventful and patient doesnot smokeAnswer is Generalised Agressive periodontitisI could not make it out actually why it is so because just on the basis of having loose teeth can we predict it to be generalised agressive periodontitis.Its on pg 48(masters)Any of your help would be much appreciated...regardskanika

Guest guest

You are completely right and the reason i was not coming on the diagnosis is there is not much of info but i checked in pink book and it says Generalised periodontitis (agressive)is seen below the age of 30 years.and i think loosening of teeth means there is some attachment loss and more over this is more in afrocaribbeans.so being a negro i guess it should be the answer.well i think if you are talking about aap i guess must me some american association.we dont have to follow american text though we used to study all american text throughout our dentistry but here we have to follow british text now...But thanks alot for your reasoning. From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 12:27 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09 +0800Subject: regarding

perio

Guest guest

Thanks ebtessam.....very true and now i got it... From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 12:35 PM Subject: Re: regarding perio

HI KANIKASINCE HE IS 29 and from Nigeria so he is more sustainable to Aggresive forms of periodontitis.So its either the localized or the generalized form, its not very clear from the case.but may be since they did n`t limit the symptoms to a specific group or location in the mouth that`s why they choose GENERALIZED FORM.BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 12:02 Subject: regarding perio

Guest guest

Yes, loosening of tooth is just a symptom of supporting tissue loss i.e.

clinical attachment loss and usually denotes more severe disease.

Sorry - AAP is the American Academy of Periodontology. Even though we are studying British texts, the classification used, which is where the "aggressive" category came from, was at the AAP consensus meeting in 1999. Armitage 1999 describes this classification. I am working in London at the moment and know that this is the classification used.

Hope this helps! From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:42:08 +0800Subject: Re: regarding perio

You are completely right and the reason i was not coming on the diagnosis is there is not much of info but i checked in pink book and it says Generalised periodontitis (agressive)is seen below the age of 30 years.and i think loosening of teeth means there is some attachment loss and more over this is more in afrocaribbeans.so being a negro i guess it should be the answer.well i think if you are talking about aap i guess must me some american association.we dont have to follow american text though we used to study all american text throughout our dentistry but here we have to follow british text now...But thanks alot for your reasoning. From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 12:27 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09 +0800Subject: regarding

perio

Guest guest

Thanks alot for your info.I am new in this country and had no practical knowledge how things work here its just heard by the seniors to follow british text...Thanks again.so,we will diagnose it as generalised agressive periodontitis because of clinical attachment loss as no other reason is given and they havent localised anything else...so it should be our diagnosis.what do you think? From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 1:27 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

Sorry - AAP is the American Academy of Periodontology. Even though we are studying British texts, the classification used, which is where the "aggressive" category came from, was at the AAP consensus meeting in 1999. Armitage 1999 describes this classification. I am working in London at the moment and know that this is the classification used.

Hope this helps! From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:42:08 +0800Subject: Re: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09 +0800Subject:

regarding

perio

Guest guest

I would diagnose it as generalised aggressive periodontitis because of the combination of all of the following factors (not a single one on its own, if that makes sense)- young 28 year old patient- presence of what seems to be advanced clinical attachment loss (i.e. mobility of teeth and sensitivity)- clear medical history with no obvious risk factors for periodontitis (e.g. never smoker, lack of immune related systemic disease)- Nigerian (due to an increased prevalence in certain ethnicities).I make these comments not having seen the case!!! :) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:08:55 +0800Subject: Re: regarding perio

Thanks alot for your info.I am new in this country and had no practical knowledge how things work here its just heard by the seniors to follow british text...Thanks again.so,we will diagnose it as generalised agressive periodontitis because of clinical attachment loss as no other reason is given and they havent localised anything else...so it should be our diagnosis.what do you think? From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 1:27 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09 +0800Subject:

regarding

perio

Guest guest

ok...i got it...Thanks for making things clear to me.regardskanika From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 2:26 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

I would diagnose it as generalised aggressive periodontitis because of the combination of all of the following factors (not a single one on its own, if that makes sense)- young 28 year old patient- presence of what seems to be advanced clinical attachment loss (i.e. mobility of teeth and sensitivity)- clear medical history with no obvious risk factors for periodontitis (e.g. never smoker, lack of immune related systemic disease)- Nigerian (due to an increased prevalence in certain ethnicities).I make these comments not having seen the case!!! :) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:08:55 +0800Subject: Re: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09

+0800Subject:

regarding

perio

Guest guest

No worries at all. I hope it is correct! :) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:36:05 +0800Subject: Re: regarding perio

ok...i got it...Thanks for making things clear to me.regardskanika From: n l <nleow@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 2:26 PM Subject: RE: regarding perio

Is there any other information given?I would suspect the diagnosis is due toa) the patient being young (28 years old) - which really should not be the basis of the diagnosis, as according to the 1999 AAP classification, age alone is not a factor, as older people can be diagnosed with aggressive alsob) rapid progression of the disease - which can't be clearly seen unless you have two sets of clinical and radiographic measurements to compare - generally you would see many vertical bony defects presentc) evidence of deposits are not in line with the amount of destruction seend) family history of the disease (not sure if this information is given)e) No other obvious risk factors for the disease (i.e. non smoker, no systemic disease) From: kanika_sahil@...Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:09

+0800Subject:

regarding

perio

Guest guest

Hi kanika do you have soft copy of first five,as I have just starting preparing so if you can help to gather all the required materials

Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

regarding perio

Sent:

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 2:34:13 PM

Hi allDoes anyone has hard copy of best of five?As few of the answers in hard copy are missing and if anyone could help me telling answers of perio section question 6.4,6.5,6.6,6.7 to 6.19....I know its bit hard to write all those answers but your help would be much appreciated...regards and thankskanika