RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Saliva saliva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Ebtessam Bless you I read in Internet that The saliva starts out isotonic (before any modifications are made in the duct)-Low flow rate= hypotonic because the ductal cells have more time to pump Na, Cl out (H2O stays)-High flow rate= closer to isotonic because the fluid spends less time in the lumen of the duct, so less time for ions to be pumped outBalsam Sent from my iPadOn 14 Mar 2012, at 13:14, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

hi

Basmal go through the page again

DURING THE SALIVA FORMAITON IT PASS THROUGH 2 SATGES:

at first the saliva is isotonic due to the consentration of nacl but as it passes through the intercalated duct to be excreated the nacl as reabsorbed by active transport while the water gets stuck and remains in the duct.

so the total concentration of the nacl decrease while water remains the same leading to the formation of a hypotonis saliva.

the excreted saliva is hypotonic.

best regards

ebtisam

From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 12:48Subject: Saliva saliva

Blue book page 161One of the Functions of saliva is calculus formation?At ph > 5.5, Saliva doesn't dissolve teeth but deposit unwanted Ca and phosphate salts.What's the role of statherin ? I didn't get it.Blue book page 159I didn't understand saliva is it hypotonic or isotonic ? What does that mean?NaCl will transform saliva from isotonic to hypotonic?Please I would be grateful for explanation Many thanksBalsamSent from my iPad