RemedySpot.com

LA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi allplease help me in answering those questions .. LA choice for each case it's a common ore question

1- LA for patient taking Beta blocker is it Articaine?

2- LA for hyperthyroidism

3- LA for hypothyroidism

4- LA for pregnancy is lidocaine with epinephrine ?

5- LA for sever hypertension is Mepivacaine or prilocaine ?

6- LA for unstable arrhythmia is Mepivacaine or prilocaine ?

7-LA for diabetes mellitus is it lidocaine with epinephrine?

8- LA for child is it Lidocaine with epinephrine ?

9- LA for Myasthenia Graves is it Prilocaine ?

To be beneficial for all please give reference with your answer .

Thanks

Balsam

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

Hi balsam1.yes,it is articaine(scully)2.Usually in hyperthyroidism,epinephrine is nt given as can cause thyrotoxicosis,but acc to scully it is therotical and we can give lignocaine with less dose of epinephrine as prilocaine with fleypressin doesnt show to have better results.3.as such no complications,we can give normal la.4.In pregnancy,lidocaine and novicaine are the best anesthetics.5.hypertension is a vast topic,and we dont preffer giving epinephrine to patients taking b-blockers as may induce hypertension.and lidnocaine should be used with precaution.if pressure is below 200mm\hg and 115(diastolic)we can give lignocaine and epinephrine.6.Both can be given7.la has no effect on blood sugar level so normal la can be given though early morning appointments

will minimize risk of stress induced hypoglucemia.(which is the only issue with diabetics),so best to give oral glucose before appointment.8.yes9.Anything lignocaine,nupivacaine or prilocaine can be given.For conscious sedation in these patients,inhalation sedation is preffered.Correct me if i am wrong anywhere. From: Balsam Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Monday, 12 March 2012 1:48 PM Subject: LA

Hi allplease help me in answering those questions .. LA choice for each case it's a common ore question

3- LA for hypothyroidism

Thanks

Balsam

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

Thanks Kanika for ur reply..I agree with you in all what you said but 5- According to BNF ,for patients with severe hypertension and /or unstable cardiac arrhythmia You can give mepivicaine .While doing clinical attachment in uk hospital ,I watched seniors using mepivicaine for complicated heart disease patient .I agree with you that prilocaine is not safer than lidocaine for those patients (scully) So shall we consider lidocaine in low dose for BP below 200/115 mmhg And if it's more than this value then mepivicaine ?Any one has another opinion?BalsamSent from my iPadOn 12 Mar 2012, at 14:03, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi balsam1.yes,it is articaine(scully)2.Usually in hyperthyroidism,epinephrine is nt given as can cause thyrotoxicosis,but acc to scully it is therotical and we can give lignocaine with less dose of epinephrine as prilocaine with fleypressin doesnt show to have better results.3.as such no complications,we can give normal la.4.In pregnancy,lidocaine and novicaine are the best anesthetics.5.hypertension is a vast topic,and we dont preffer giving epinephrine to patients taking b-blockers as may induce hypertension.and lidnocaine should be used with precaution.if pressure is below 200mm\hg and 115(diastolic)we can give lignocaine and epinephrine.6.Both can be given7.la has no effect on blood sugar level so normal la can be given though early morning appointments

will minimize risk of stress induced hypoglucemia.(which is the only issue with diabetics),so best to give oral glucose before appointment.8.yes9.Anything lignocaine,nupivacaine or prilocaine can be given.For conscious sedation in these patients,inhalation sedation is preffered.Correct me if i am wrong anywhere. From: Balsam Majid <balsam_majid@...> Sent: Monday, 12 March 2012 1:48 PM Subject: LA

3- LA for hypothyroidism

Thanks

Balsam

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

Hi BalsamI agree that mepivacaine or prilocaine is the choice of drug for cardiac patients and i have told that before as well.Regarding hypertension,mepivacaine without adrenaline is prescribed in bnf.so i think we should take it as an option being a shortest acting one..want to hear other opinions as well.... From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 12 March 2012 10:56 PM Subject: Re: LA

Thanks Kanika for ur reply..I agree with you in all what you said but 5- According to BNF ,for patients with severe hypertension and /or unstable cardiac arrhythmia You can give mepivicaine .While doing clinical attachment in uk hospital ,I watched seniors using mepivicaine for complicated heart disease patient .I agree with you that prilocaine is not safer than lidocaine for those patients (scully) So shall we consider lidocaine in low dose for BP below 200/115 mmhg And if it's more than this value then mepivicaine ?Any one has another opinion?BalsamSent from my iPadOn 12 Mar 2012, at 14:03, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi balsam1.yes,it is articaine(scully)2.Usually in hyperthyroidism,epinephrine is nt given as can cause thyrotoxicosis,but acc to scully it is therotical and we can give lignocaine with less dose of epinephrine as prilocaine with fleypressin doesnt show to have better results.3.as such no complications,we can give normal la.4.In pregnancy,lidocaine and novicaine are the best anesthetics.5.hypertension is a vast topic,and we dont preffer giving epinephrine to patients taking b-blockers as may induce hypertension.and lidnocaine should be used with precaution.if pressure is below 200mm\hg and 115(diastolic)we can give lignocaine and epinephrine.6.Both can be given7.la has no effect on blood sugar level so normal la can be given

though early morning appointments

3- LA for hypothyroidism

Thanks

Balsam

Sent from my iPad

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

to decrease toxic effect of la (reference geoffrey local anesthesia) From: Seethalmark <seethalmark@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012, 14:21 Subject: Re: LA

To increase the depth of la n heamostasis...

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Apr 2012, at 14:14, dr_hibahaboubi@... wrote:

> Vasoconstictor in LA is it to decrease toxicity or to increase th depth of LA?

> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

I think its to increase th depth and heamostatic Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Hina Ayub <ayub.hina@...>Sender: Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:21:35 +0100 (BST) < >Reply Subject: Re: LA to decrease toxic effect of la (reference geoffrey local anesthesia) From: Seethalmark <seethalmark@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012, 14:21 Subject: Re: LA To increase the depth of la n heamostasis...Sent from my iPhoneOn 9 Apr 2012, at 14:14, dr_hibahaboubi@... wrote:> Vasoconstictor in LA is it to decrease toxicity or to increase th depth of LA?> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device> > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

check quest 32 of attached file ,what do u think....? From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012, 17:26 Subject: Re: LA

I think its to increase th depth and heamostatic Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Hina Ayub <ayub.hina@...>

Sender:

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:21:35 +0100 (BST) < >Reply

Subject: Re: LA

to decrease toxic effect of la (reference geoffrey local anesthesia) From: Seethalmark <seethalmark@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012, 14:21 Subject: Re: LA

Sent from my iPhone

> Vasoconstictor in LA is it to decrease toxicity or to increase th depth of LA?

>

>

>

Guest guest

Can any1 tell me the importance of butt joint in PJC and from where to do the instruments??and what is student t-test???need help!!!!Sent from my iPodOn 10 Apr 2012, at 14:23, Supreet Dhami <supreet_dhami@...> wrote:

its mepivacaine,,preferable over lidocaine. refer;scully From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 14:02 Subject: LA

LA for patient with cardiac arrythmia?

is it lignocaine or prilocaine??thanx,harpreet

Guest guest

link for student T testhttp://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb/stat_t.phphope it helps. From: Cha <chandrarais50@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 14:56 Subject: Re: LA

Can any1 tell me the importance of butt joint in PJC and from where to do the instruments??and what is student t-test???need help!!!!Sent from my iPodOn 10 Apr 2012, at 14:23, Supreet Dhami <supreet_dhami@...> wrote:

its mepivacaine,,preferable over lidocaine. refer;scully From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 14:02 Subject: LA

LA for patient with cardiac arrythmia?

is it lignocaine or prilocaine??thanx,harpreet

Guest guest

yeh u r right just missed that thanks for the correction.thankshina From: Preethu <tpreethu@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2012, 11:18 Subject: Re: LA

the choice on de attachment was to decrease the depth.. vasoconstrictor increases the depth and quality of la.. From: Hina Ayub <ayub.hina@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 8:38 PM Subject: Re: LA [1 Attachment]

check quest 32 of attached file ,what do u think....? From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012, 17:26 Subject: Re: LA

I think its to increase th depth and heamostatic Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Hina Ayub <ayub.hina@...>

Sender:

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:21:35 +0100 (BST) < >Reply

Subject: Re: LA

Sent from my iPhone

>

>

>