RemedySpot.com

Re: HELP HELP :))))))

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

answer to qs 1:1.fill the dot on the x-ray itself .(it sould look outward)2.determine the upper and the lower teeth.3.now: if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the right or angled slightly to the right like:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ ////////////////// it means it is a right side x-ray .if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the left or angled slightly to the left like

: /////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ it means it is a left side x-ray. hope i didn't confuse you more.Ayham Sbahi From: ebtessam

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 20 March 2012, 23:37 Subject: HELP HELP :))))))

HI ALL

1. HOW COULD WE DETERMINE WETHER THE XRAY IS FOR THE RIGHT OR THE LEFT SIDE. ( THIS PART ALWAYS GETS ME CONFUSED)

2. WHAT`S SUPPORTING AND NON-SUPPORTING CONTACTS

BEST OF LUCK

EBTISAM

Guest guest

hello Ayham. thanks for replying.. in practice we can feel that dot and its easier to decide the left and right. . but in exams ,i,e on paper i have no idea how we gonna do that.. but yeah ur second idea seems great,i quite like it. this is not dependent on occlusal dot right? its just about the orientation of teeth or angulation?I am still little confused about , we used to decide max and mandibular on the basis of that dot too ! but i hope they not going to do it upside down !! as in many pics in book i have seen even occlusal dot is not visible !!divi From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 1:03 AM Subject: Re: HELP HELP :))))))

answer to qs 1:1.fill the dot on the x-ray itself .(it sould look outward)2.determine the upper and the lower teeth.3.now: if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the right or angled slightly to the right like:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ ////////////////// it means it is a right side x-ray .if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the left or angled slightly to the left like

: /////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ it means it is a left side x-ray. hope i didn't confuse you more.Ayham Sbahi From: ebtessam

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 20 March 2012, 23:37 Subject: HELP HELP :))))))

HI ALL

1. HOW COULD WE DETERMINE WETHER THE XRAY IS FOR THE RIGHT OR THE LEFT SIDE. ( THIS PART ALWAYS GETS ME CONFUSED)

BEST OF LUCK

EBTISAM

Guest guest

I assume they are going to put the picture right side up ... Besides trouble area would be premolar n molar ... Note that the 6 is usually the largest teeth among the threeSent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone on Loop Mobile.From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:36:56 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply Subject: Re: HELP HELP :)))))) hello Ayham. thanks for replying.. in practice we can feel that dot and its easier to decide the left and right. . but in exams ,i,e on paper i have no idea how we gonna do that.. but yeah ur second idea seems great,i quite like it. this is not dependent on occlusal dot right? its just about the orientation of teeth or angulation?I am still little confused about , we used to decide max and mandibular on the basis of that dot too ! but i hope they not going to do it upside down !! as in many pics in book i have seen even occlusal dot is not visible !!divi From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 1:03 AM Subject: Re: HELP HELP :)))))) answer to qs 1:1.fill the dot on the x-ray itself .(it sould look outward)2.determine the upper and the lower teeth.3.now: if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the right or angled slightly to the right like:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ ////////////////// it means it is a right side x-ray .if the crowns of the upper and lower teeth on the x-ray are looking to the left or angled slightly to the left like: /////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ it means it is a left side x-ray. hope i didn't confuse you more.Ayham Sbahi From: ebtessam<ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 20 March 2012, 23:37 Subject: HELP HELP :)))))) HI ALL1. HOW COULD WE DETERMINE WETHER THE XRAY IS FOR THE RIGHT OR THE LEFT SIDE. ( THIS PART ALWAYS GETS ME CONFUSED)2. WHAT`S SUPPORTING AND NON-SUPPORTING CONTACTSBEST OF LUCKEBTISAM

Guest guest

In my previous exam , there were dots on v few PAs , mostly there were no dots at all....so we should prepare ourselves accordingly....Hope I haven't frightened anyone, it was just my experience & I found it v difficult, as I was told by students that there should be a dot.Sent from my iPhoneOn 21 Mar 2012, at 04:29, rite.to.divs@... wrote:

I assume they are going to put the picture right side up ... Besides trouble area would be premolar n molar ... Note that the 6 is usually the largest teeth among the threeSent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone on Loop Mobile.From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>

Sender:

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:36:56 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply

Subject: Re: HELP HELP :))))))

hello Ayham. thanks for replying.. in practice we can feel that dot and its easier to decide the left and right. . but in exams ,i,e on paper i have no idea how we gonna do that.. but yeah ur second idea seems great,i quite like it. this is not dependent on occlusal dot right? its just about the orientation of teeth or angulation?I am still little confused about , we used to decide max and mandibular on the basis of that dot too ! but i hope they not going to do it upside down !! as in many pics in book i have seen even occlusal dot is not visible !!divi From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012 1:03 AM Subject: Re: HELP HELP :))))))

HI ALL

BEST OF LUCK

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi..

I would be grateful if you could please explain how to decide for right or.left in case there is no dot...

Regards,

Shipra

Qurat <qurat.hayat@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 6:18:26 AM

In my previous exam , there were dots on v few PAs , mostly there were no dots at all....so we should prepare ourselves accordingly....Hope I haven't frightened anyone, it was just my experience & I found it v difficult, as I was told by students that there should be a dot.Sent from my iPhoneOn 21 Mar 2012, at 04:29, rite.to.divs@... wrote:

I assume they are going to put the picture right side up ... Besides trouble area would be premolar n molar ... Note that the 6 is usually the largest teeth among the threeSent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone on Loop Mobile.From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...>

Sender:

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:36:56 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply

Subject: Re: HELP HELP :))))))

HI ALL

BEST OF LUCK

EBTISAM

Guest guest

Hi ebtessam1.Even i am confused with this part as well2.supporting cusp are maxillary lingual cusp and mandibular buccal.These cusp do grinding work.Non supporting are the opposite remember BULL law ie buccal of upper and lingual of lower. From: ebtessam <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday,

20 March 2012 11:37 PM Subject: HELP HELP :))))))

HI ALL

BEST OF LUCK

EBTISAM

Guest guest

If the x-ray is on paper then they will ensure that it is correctly placed ie

maxillary or mandibular and they ll keep the dot up.. Now imagine the iopa or

bite wing to be a section of a huge OPG/DPT, So if the IOPA/bite wing is showing

1st pm, 2nd pm, 1st molar, then the most mesial tooth, ie 1st premolar will tell

u which side the x-ray belongs to. If the 1st pm in this case is to the extreme

right then its a right side x-ray, if its on the left its a left side x-ray. Try

it by using a piece of paper.. :)

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Smriti

>

> Hi..

> I would be grateful if you could  please explain how to decide for right

or.left in case there is no dot...

> Regards,

> Shipra

>

Guest guest

Thanks a lot smriti..:)

doc_smriti <doc_smriti@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 7:49:55 AM

If the x-ray is on paper then they will ensure that it is correctly placed ie maxillary or mandibular and they ll keep the dot up.. Now imagine the iopa or bite wing to be a section of a huge OPG/DPT, So if the IOPA/bite wing is showing 1st pm, 2nd pm, 1st molar, then the most mesial tooth, ie 1st premolar will tell u which side the x-ray belongs to. If the 1st pm in this case is to the extreme right then its a right side x-ray, if its on the left its a left side x-ray. Try it by using a piece of paper.. :)

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Smriti

>

> Hi..

> I would be grateful if you could  please explain how to decide for right or.left in case there is no dot...

> Regards,

> Shipra

>

Guest guest

hi...for question 1.....in the case of mandibular molars....thr will be distal

inclination of the roots rite...so i thought we can find out with tht...please

correct if am wrong.....