RemedySpot.com

Re: regarding pedo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Can you specify which dentition.... you didnt mention it here... primary or secondary?On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

HiI have seen a question in emqs book which according to me is wrong,can anyone help me sorting it out...

A 7 year old with a non-vital lower left second mplar?treatment given is simple restorationIf a tooth is non vital then how could restoration help it.....B A 5-year old who has caries in lower left molar which is causing tooth to throb.The teeth is vital.

treatment given is vital pupotomyis it because of throbbing pain and that causes chronic pulpitis but if i have to choose i dont think i will go with vital pulpotomy.your help would be appreciated.

Guest guest

>

> Hi

> I have seen a question in emqs book which according to me is wrong,can anyone

help me sorting it out...

>

> A 7 year old with a non-vital lower left second mplar?

> treatment given is simple restoration

> If a tooth is non vital then how could restoration help it.....

>

> B A 5-year old who has caries in lower left molar which is causing tooth to

throb.The teeth is vital.

> treatment given is vital pupotomy

> is it because of throbbing pain and that causes chronic pulpitis but if i have

to choose i dont think i will go with vital pulpotomy.

>

> your help would be appreciated.

hi there !! i agree on ur first question ,there is no point in doing simple

restoration to the patient , unless un able to extract or do a pulpectomy !!

>on ur second question i think its the right decision to make ,, that is because

the tooth is giving symptoms of reversible pulpitis and so it would make sense

to to do vital pulptomy to the patient !!

if u dontt agree with what i say please let me know , hope i was abit helpful :)

Guest guest

Hi AanalIts primary dentition. From: Aanal Solanki <dr.aanal@...> Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 6:59 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Hi Can you specify which dentition.... you didnt mention it here... primary or secondary?On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

HiI have seen a question in emqs book which according to me is wrong,can anyone help me sorting it out...

A 7 year old with a non-vital lower left second mplar?treatment given is simple restorationIf a tooth is non vital then how could restoration help it.....B A 5-year old who has caries in lower left molar which is causing tooth to throb.The teeth is vital.

treatment given is vital pupotomyis it because of throbbing pain and that causes chronic pulpitis but if i have to choose i dont think i will go with vital pulpotomy.your help would be appreciated.

Guest guest

if it is non-vital pulp and child is 7 yr i think it is pulpectomy .please ,correct me if i am wrong From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:30 AM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Hi AanalIts primary dentition. From: Aanal Solanki <dr.aanal@...> Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 6:59 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

Hi kanika, for Q 1  I agree with you...Q 2 , i think its because ...  tooth is vital and i remember i read in my uni. days that mostly apical 3rd of root canal are free of bacteria .  so i feel in this case with vital pulpotomy ( and we know that tooth is vital ) remove superficial infected tissue and maintain apical vital tissue. other advantage is its single sitting procedure... good for children.

Correct me where i m wrong Aanal   On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi AanalIts primary dentition.

Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 6:59 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

HI KANIKAFOR THE PEDO QUESTIONS1. YES U RESTORE THE TOOTH WITH ( PULPECTOMY AND STAINLESS STEEL CROWN TO PRESERVE THE SPACE FOR THE PREMOLARS) PREVENTING FUTURE CROWDING BY MESIAL DRIFTING OF THE 62. IF THE PRIMARY TOOTH IS VITAL AND THERE IS PAIN DUE TO CARIES 1. FIRST LINE OF TTT IS PULPOTOMY HOWEVER IF THERE IS FURTHER INFLAMATION OF THE PULP EXTENDING TO THE RADICULAR PULPAL AREA ( CONTINUOUS HEMORRHAGE AFTER REMOVAL OF CORONAL PULP ) THEN U PROCEED TO PULPECTOMY.PLACE LEDERMIX AND IN THE 2ND VISIT EXTREPATE THE PULP OF COMPLETE IN THE SAME VISIT ACC TO THE PTBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 11:29 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

if it is non-vital pulp and child is 7 yr i think it is pulpectomy .please ,correct me if i am wrong From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:30 AM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

Hi EbtessamThat is what i am saying that for first we cannot give simple restoration so answer is wrong in that case and we have do pulpectomy and further restoring it.Regarding second one what i was thinking is if tooth is vital then pain can be because of reversible pulpitis which can be treated with simple restoration what is the need of going for pulpotomy procedure.(may be caries have not reached to the pulp) From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 2:44 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

HI KANIKAFOR THE PEDO QUESTIONS1. YES U RESTORE THE TOOTH WITH ( PULPECTOMY AND STAINLESS STEEL CROWN TO PRESERVE THE SPACE FOR THE PREMOLARS) PREVENTING FUTURE CROWDING BY MESIAL DRIFTING OF THE 62. IF THE PRIMARY TOOTH IS VITAL AND THERE IS PAIN DUE TO CARIES 1. FIRST LINE OF TTT IS PULPOTOMY HOWEVER IF THERE IS FURTHER INFLAMATION OF THE PULP EXTENDING TO THE RADICULAR PULPAL AREA ( CONTINUOUS HEMORRHAGE AFTER REMOVAL OF CORONAL PULP ) THEN U PROCEED TO PULPECTOMY.PLACE LEDERMIX AND IN THE 2ND VISIT EXTREPATE THE PULP OF COMPLETE IN THE SAME VISIT ACC TO THE PTBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 11:29 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

Hi kanika, pulpotmy is the treatment of choice for vital pulp......pink book pg91 From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 2:50 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Hi EbtessamThat is what i am saying that for first we cannot give simple restoration so answer is wrong in that case and we have do pulpectomy and further restoring it.Regarding second one what i was thinking is if tooth is vital then pain can be because of reversible pulpitis which can be treated with simple restoration what is the need of going for pulpotomy procedure.(may be caries have not reached to the pulp) From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 2:44 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

Hi sajithaThis thing i understand but my question is whenevr it is specified that pulp is vital ,do we need to go for pulpotomy procedure? From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 2:56 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Hi kanika, pulpotmy is the treatment of choice for vital pulp......pink book pg91 From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 2:50 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

1. FOR THE FIRST TOTALLY AGREE WITH UBUT THE 2ND CASE THE PAIN IS THROBBING THAT`S NOT A ( REVERSIBLE PULPITIS).REVERSABLE IS HOT AND COLD REVEALED AFTER REMOVAL OF THE STIMULUS From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 14:50 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

Hi ebtessamThis is what i wrote in my first mail as it is throbbing we should go for pulpotomy.what i want to know is ,for vital pulp as we go for pulpotomy,do we need to go for pulpotomy in every clinical scenario or we can work with just restoration. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent:

Tuesday, 27 March 2012 3:02 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

1. FOR THE FIRST TOTALLY AGREE WITH UBUT THE 2ND CASE THE PAIN IS THROBBING THAT`S NOT A ( REVERSIBLE PULPITIS).REVERSABLE IS HOT AND COLD REVEALED AFTER REMOVAL OF THE STIMULUS From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < >

Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 14:50 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

well u can simply restore if its a reversible pulpitis but in peds that`s not commondue to the tooth morphology ( large pulp prominent pulp horns and thin enamel)but ur right we can do a simple restoration if the pulp is not affected From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 15:11 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Hi ebtessamThis is what i wrote in my first mail as it is throbbing we should go for pulpotomy.what i want to know is ,for vital pulp as we go for pulpotomy,do we need to go for pulpotomy in every clinical scenario or we can work with just restoration. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent:

1. FOR THE FIRST TOTALLY AGREE WITH UBUT THE 2ND CASE THE PAIN IS THROBBING THAT`S NOT A ( REVERSIBLE PULPITIS).REVERSABLE IS HOT AND COLD REVEALED AFTER REMOVAL OF THE STIMULUS From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < >

Guest guest

Thanks ebtessam.I would like to ask one thing moreWe can differentiate between crohns disease and ulcerative colitis by the site but if we took a biopsy how could we differentiate it?what i came to know from skully is crohns causes transmural inflammation while ulcerative cholitis causes superficial one.anything u want to add.... From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 3:17 PM Subject: Re: regarding pedo

well u can simply restore if its a reversible pulpitis but in peds that`s not commondue to the tooth morphology ( large pulp prominent pulp horns and thin enamel)but ur right we can do a simple restoration if the pulp is not affected From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " "

< > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 15:11 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

Guest guest

I think throbbing pain is a sign of pulpitis whether rev or irrev....then you want to go for vital pulpotomy be4 it reaches the radicular part.Pls correct me if wrong ,thanks.MiralSent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 14:44, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

Thanks for this q kanikaAs sajitha said according to Pink book page 91,I'm writing as its thereAttempting to retain the vitality of coronal pulp in primary molars is not recommended becausePulp involvement is more likely It's difficult to accurately determine the likely condition of the pulpCalcium hydroxide frequently lead to internal resorption ThereforeDirect pulp capping is only advisable for small traumatic exposuresPulpotomy remains the treatment of choice for primary molars BalsamSent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 15:17, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

well u can simply restore if its a reversible pulpitis but in peds that`s not commondue to the tooth morphology ( large pulp prominent pulp horns and thin enamel)but ur right we can do a simple restoration if the pulp is not affected From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 15:11 Subject: Re: regarding pedo

=