RemedySpot.com

Re: regarding pulpotomy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear kanika,U r right. In non-vital pulp, we perform pulpectomy.The terms "vital pulpotomy" "non-vital pulpotomy" are used depending on what remains after the pulpotomy procedure.For example-if the remaining pulp tissue remains vital,it is termed vital pulpotomy and if the entire remaining pulp is "fixed" or "devitalised", it is termed as non-vital pulpotomy. Vital pulpotomy may be performed when apex is not formed fully and you want it to form by virtue of a vital apical pulp.Conversely, if the apex is already formed, a non-vital pulpotomy may be performed.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>Sender: Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:03:40 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply Subject: regarding pulpotomy Hi allI am bit confused with beechwood creosote used for non vital pulpotomy?usually for non vital pulp we go for pulpectomy then what is non vital pulpotomy?Any help would be much appreciated....

Guest guest

Thanks alot ashish.I never thought in this way.one more doubt,For vital tooth we do apexogenesis and review it for 6 week If tooth is non vital then we do apexification where we remove all the pulp and aids in the formation of apical stop formation (by adding caoh)you want to add something more. From: "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> < > Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 2:11 PM Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Dear kanika,U r right. In non-vital pulp, we perform pulpectomy.The terms "vital pulpotomy" "non-vital pulpotomy" are used depending on what remains after the pulpotomy procedure.For example-if the remaining pulp tissue remains vital,it is termed vital pulpotomy and if the entire remaining pulp is "fixed" or "devitalised", it is termed as non-vital pulpotomy. Vital pulpotomy may be performed when apex is not formed fully and you want it to form by virtue of a vital apical pulp.Conversely, if the apex is already formed, a non-vital pulpotomy may be performed.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

Sender:

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:03:40 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply

Subject: regarding pulpotomy

Hi allI am bit confused with beechwood creosote used for non vital pulpotomy?usually for non vital pulp we go for pulpectomy then what is non vital pulpotomy?Any help would be much appreciated....

Guest guest

Hey,,Apexogenesis is actually pulpotomy ,,,we do the pulpotomy and apexogenesis occurs on its own !! Apexification,we remove the entire pulp (including radicular) and put ca(oh)2 mixed with CMCP and review every 3 months although it takes about a year to form a calcified apical tissue.Recently,a newer and better material called MTA is used for this which is very promising.That's all I want to add.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>Sender: Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:22:52 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy Thanks alot ashish.I never thought in this way.one more doubt,For vital tooth we do apexogenesis and review it for 6 week If tooth is non vital then we do apexification where we remove all the pulp and aids in the formation of apical stop formation (by adding caoh)you want to add something more. From: "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> < > Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 2:11 PM Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy Dear kanika,U r right. In non-vital pulp, we perform pulpectomy.The terms "vital pulpotomy" "non-vital pulpotomy" are used depending on what remains after the pulpotomy procedure.For example-if the remaining pulp tissue remains vital,it is termed vital pulpotomy and if the entire remaining pulp is "fixed" or "devitalised", it is termed as non-vital pulpotomy. Vital pulpotomy may be performed when apex is not formed fully and you want it to form by virtue of a vital apical pulp.Conversely, if the apex is already formed, a non-vital pulpotomy may be performed.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>Sender: Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:03:40 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply Subject: regarding pulpotomy Hi allI am bit confused with beechwood creosote used for non vital pulpotomy?usually for non vital pulp we go for pulpectomy then what is non vital pulpotomy?Any help would be much appreciated....

Guest guest

Thanks ashish,i thought i might be missing something.Thanks for your help.cheerskanika From: "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> < > Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 2:39 PM Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Hey,,Apexogenesis is actually pulpotomy ,,,we do the pulpotomy and apexogenesis occurs on its own !! Apexification,we remove the entire pulp (including radicular) and put ca(oh)2 mixed with CMCP and review every 3 months although it takes about a year to form a calcified apical tissue.Recently,a newer and better material called MTA is used for this which is very promising.That's all I want to add.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

Sender:

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:22:52 +0800 (SGT) < >Reply

Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Thanks alot ashish.I never thought in this way.one more doubt,For vital tooth we do apexogenesis and review it for 6 week If tooth is non vital then we do apexification where we remove all the pulp and aids in the formation of apical stop formation (by adding caoh)you want to add something more. From: "dr_ashish_pandit@..." <dr_ashish_pandit@...> < > Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 2:11 PM Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Dear kanika,U r right. In non-vital pulp, we perform pulpectomy.The terms "vital pulpotomy" "non-vital pulpotomy" are used depending on what remains after the pulpotomy procedure.For example-if the remaining pulp tissue remains vital,it is termed vital pulpotomy and if the entire remaining pulp is "fixed" or "devitalised", it is termed as non-vital pulpotomy. Vital pulpotomy may be performed when apex is not formed fully and you want it to form by virtue of a vital apical pulp.Conversely, if the apex is already formed, a non-vital pulpotomy may be performed.-Ashish.Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

Sender:

Hi allI am bit confused with beechwood creosote used for non vital pulpotomy?usually for non vital pulp we go for pulpectomy then what is non vital pulpotomy?Any help would be much appreciated....

Guest guest

Dear Ashish,Thanks for that useful info.Can you please explain here how do we perform non vital pulpotomy and why do we prefer it over pulpectomy in this case.Looking forward to hear you soon.Regards,On 26 Mar 2012, at 14:11, dr_ashish_pandit@... wrote:

Sender:

Guest guest

Dear all,Vital pulpotomy is when pulp is Vital like in carious exposure and u can remove it in One visit.Non vital Pulpotomy is when pulp is non vital or when there is infection ,2step technique Devitalising pulpotomy vital pulp but anaesthesia can not be established Pls open this link to read more http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=yyeTunQ4tgUC & pg=PT47 & dq=Non+vital+pulpotomy & hl=en & ei=O-1xT5rvMeW_0QXxiMUO & sa=X & oi=book_result & ct=book-thumbnail & resnum=3 & ved=0CBsQ6wEwAg#v=onepage & q=Non%20vital%20pulpotomy & f=falseThanks ,Best of luck MiralSent from my iPadOn 26 Mar 2012, at 22:50, Dr Sualeh Khan <drsualehkhan@...> wrote:

Dear Ashish,Thanks for that useful info.Can you please explain here how do we perform non vital pulpotomy and why do we prefer it over pulpectomy in this case.Looking forward to hear you soon.Regards,On 26 Mar 2012, at 14:11, dr_ashish_pandit@... wrote:

Sender:

=

Guest guest

hi miralthanksthere is one thing I can`t figure outwhy does churchil call the ferric sulphate pulpotomy vital what`s the specific action of the ferric sulphate 15%does the radicular pulp remains vital afterwards?????????????thanks From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 17:51 Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Dear all,Vital pulpotomy is when pulp is Vital like in carious exposure and u can remove it in One visit.Non vital Pulpotomy is when pulp is non vital or when there is infection ,2step technique Devitalising pulpotomy vital pulp but anaesthesia can not be established Pls open this link to read more http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=yyeTunQ4tgUC & pg=PT47 & dq=Non+vital+pulpotomy & hl=en & ei=O-1xT5rvMeW_0QXxiMUO & sa=X & oi=book_result & ct=book-thumbnail & resnum=3 & ved=0CBsQ6wEwAg#v=onepage & q=Non%20vital%20pulpotomy & f=falseThanks ,Best of luck MiralSent from my iPadOn 26 Mar 2012, at 22:50, Dr Sualeh Khan <drsualehkhan@...> wrote:

Sender:

=

Guest guest

Hi ebtessamferric sulphate works by controlling bleeding and promotes formation of protective clot over the underlying vital radicular pulp.That is why it is most widely used material for pulpotomy. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27

March 2012 5:58 PM Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

hi miralthanksthere is one thing I can`t figure outwhy does churchil call the ferric sulphate pulpotomy vital what`s the specific action of the ferric sulphate 15%does the radicular pulp remains vital afterwards?????????????thanks From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> To:

Sender:

=

Guest guest

I dont think formocresol use in pulpotomy anymore as it is carcinogenic,it has been replaced by calicium hydroxid.,double check plz.Aras najdat

Sender:

=

Guest guest

hiur right but formecresol has been replaced by ferric sulphate 15% its a a main question in ore ebtisam From: aras najdat <arasnajdat@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 18:04 Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

I dont think formocresol use in pulpotomy anymore as it is carcinogenic,it has been replaced by calicium hydroxid.,double check plz.Aras najdat

Sender:

=

Guest guest

Hi Ebtessam,Pls read this ,I think it will clear ur doubts:)There remains some controversy over the most appropriate medicaments for use in vital primary molar pulpotomies. Currently ferric sulphate is held as the most appropriate and safe medicament with a success rate of around 95%. It is postulated that ferric sulphate works by controlling pulpal bleeding and promotes formation of a ‘protective’ metal/protein clot over the underlying vital radicular pulp. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate is gaining vogue; this material has excellent bioactive properties and essentially stimulates cytokine release from pulpal fibroblasts, which in turn stimulates dental hard tissue formation. A well condensed layer of pure calcium hydroxide powder applied directly over the radicular pulp has also been advocated. If successful, the treated tooth should be asymptomatic. Failure will result in pain, swelling, increased mobility, fistulae and radiographic signs of either radiolucency at the furcation or apex or internal/external resorption of the root.Thanks,MiralSent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 17:58, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

Sender:

=

=

Guest guest

thanks miral From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 19:16 Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Hi Ebtessam,Pls read this ,I think it will clear ur doubts:)There remains some controversy over the most appropriate medicaments for use in vital primary molar pulpotomies. Currently ferric sulphate is held as the most appropriate and safe medicament with a success rate of around 95%. It is postulated that ferric sulphate works by controlling pulpal bleeding and promotes formation of a ‘protective’ metal/protein clot over the underlying vital radicular pulp. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate is gaining vogue; this material has excellent bioactive properties and essentially stimulates cytokine release from pulpal fibroblasts, which in turn stimulates dental hard tissue formation. A well condensed layer of pure calcium hydroxide powder applied directly over the radicular pulp has also been advocated. If successful, the treated tooth should be asymptomatic. Failure will result in pain, swelling, increased

mobility, fistulae and radiographic signs of either radiolucency at the furcation or apex or internal/external resorption of the root.Thanks,MiralSent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 17:58, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

Sender:

=

=

Guest guest

U r most welcome:)Sent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 19:36, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

thanks miral From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 19:16 Subject: Re: regarding pulpotomy

Hi Ebtessam,Pls read this ,I think it will clear ur doubts:)There remains some controversy over the most appropriate medicaments for use in vital primary molar pulpotomies. Currently ferric sulphate is held as the most appropriate and safe medicament with a success rate of around 95%. It is postulated that ferric sulphate works by controlling pulpal bleeding and promotes formation of a ‘protective’ metal/protein clot over the underlying vital radicular pulp. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate is gaining vogue; this material has excellent bioactive properties and essentially stimulates cytokine release from pulpal fibroblasts, which in turn stimulates dental hard tissue formation. A well condensed layer of pure calcium hydroxide powder applied directly over the radicular pulp has also been advocated. If successful, the treated tooth should be asymptomatic. Failure will result in pain, swelling, increased

mobility, fistulae and radiographic signs of either radiolucency at the furcation or apex or internal/external resorption of the root.Thanks,MiralSent from my iPadOn 27 Mar 2012, at 17:58, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

Sender:

=

=