RemedySpot.com

Re: document regarding waste

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Balsamyes you are right.according to this document, all contaminated gloves,blood contaminated dressings,saliva containing items of infectious patients should be included under orange bag and is for clinical waste.For those which are not contaminated with blood,gloves and hygeine waste from toilets should be included under offensive or hygeine waste(yellow with black stripes)also known as tiger bag. From:

Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, Subject: Re: document regarding waste

Thanks Kanika and HibaI think I was reading old document!To conclude: according to ur documentSharps yellow lid cover contains:Needles ,syringes contaminated with patient Tooth without amalgam LA cartridge weather it's fully or partly dischargedOrang sack for contaminated gloves ,swabs,gownsYellow sack with black strips offensiveFor gowns ,gloves which are not contaminatedHygiene waste from toilets Yellow Box with blue lidNon cytotoxic and non cyatostatic medicineLike used and out of date stockPlease correct meBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at

16:10, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Hi everyoneHave a look upon pg 200 to 212.Its rally helpful....regardskanika

=

Guest guest

U r right balsamSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>Sender: Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:21:28 +0100 < >Reply Subject: Re: document regarding waste Thanks Kanika and HibaI think I was reading old document!To conclude: according to ur documentSharps yellow lid cover contains:Needles ,syringes contaminated with patient Tooth without amalgam LA cartridge weather it's fully or partly dischargedOrang sack for contaminated gloves ,swabs,gownsYellow sack with black strips offensiveFor gowns ,gloves which are not contaminatedHygiene waste from toilets Yellow Box with blue lidNon cytotoxic and non cyatostatic medicineLike used and out of date stockPlease correct meBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at 16:10, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote: Hi everyoneHave a look upon pg 200 to 212.Its rally helpful....regardskanika =

Guest guest

I don't want to confuse you guys.. But would you plz tell me about that1. Use orange­lidded sharps bins: for sharps not contaminated with medicinal products (in England and Wales); either for fully discharged sharps or those not used for administering medicines (in Scotland and Northern Ireland).This small printed note is below the table in the oral health document sent by Kanika ,page 202Would you plz tell me about local anaesthesia cartridge disposal where?I thought Its to yellow lid sharp box weather it's partly or fully discharged(empty)But according to this note , the empty cartridge would go to orang lid cover sharp box.Looking forward for ur answersBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at 21:20, dr_hibahaboubi@... wrote:

U r right balsamSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>

Sender:

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:21:28 +0100 < >Reply

Subject: Re: document regarding waste

Thanks Kanika and HibaI think I was reading old document!To conclude: according to ur documentSharps yellow lid cover contains:Needles ,syringes contaminated with patient Tooth without amalgam LA cartridge weather it's fully or partly dischargedOrang sack for contaminated gloves ,swabs,gownsYellow sack with black strips offensiveFor gowns ,gloves which are not contaminatedHygiene waste from toilets Yellow Box with blue lidNon cytotoxic and non cyatostatic medicineLike used and out of date stockPlease correct meBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at 16:10, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

Hi

The orange lided sharp bins are now replaced by yellow lided sharps bin..so they r same..just old n new system..hope it helps..

Regards

Narjan

Sent from on Android

Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: document regarding waste

Sent:

Sun, Mar 25, 2012 9:31:45 PM

I don't want to confuse you guys.. But would you plz tell me about that1. Use orange­lidded sharps bins: for sharps not contaminated with medicinal products (in England and Wales); either for fully discharged sharps or those not used for administering medicines (in Scotland and Northern Ireland).This small printed note is below the table in the oral health document sent by Kanika ,page 202Would you plz tell me about local anaesthesia cartridge disposal where?I thought Its to yellow lid sharp box weather it's partly or fully discharged(empty)But according to this note , the empty cartridge would go to orang lid cover sharp box.Looking forward for ur answersBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at 21:20, dr_hibahaboubi@... wrote:

U r right balsamSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...>

Sender:

Thanks Kanika and HibaI think I was reading old document!To conclude: according to ur documentSharps yellow lid cover contains:Needles ,syringes contaminated with patient Tooth without amalgam LA cartridge weather it's fully or partly dischargedOrang sack for contaminated gloves ,swabs,gownsYellow sack with black strips offensiveFor gowns ,gloves which are not contaminatedHygiene waste from toilets Yellow Box with blue lidNon cytotoxic and non cyatostatic medicineLike used and out of date stockPlease correct meBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at

=

Guest guest

orange bag- all clinical infectious waste , so all clinical waste contaminated with saliva , blood goes in this.its will be incinerated or alternative treatmentyellow bag with black strip- offensive/ hygenic waste |(where no known of infection risk is present) - so gloves ,gown etc nont contaminated with blood, medicines and othr chemicals goes in this3) yellow box , (SHARP BOX) - needles, wedges,sharp

instruments, medical vials, teeth without amalgam, syringes, syringe barrels contaminated with medicines ( except cytotoxic and cytostatic)4) box with BLUE lid- Non cytotoxic and non cytostatic medicines + out of date stock5) Orange lidded sharp bin- sharps not contaminated with medicinal products. ( england and wales)( Scotland n N.

Ireland) - fully discharged or those used not used for medicines - orange lidpartly discharged with medicine - yellow lid. 6) purple lid - cytotoxic n staticdivi From: Balsam_Majid <balsam_majid@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012 10:31 PM Subject: Re: document regarding waste

I don't want to confuse you guys.. But would you plz tell me about that1. Use orange­lidded sharps bins: for sharps not contaminated with medicinal products (in England and Wales); either for fully discharged sharps or those not used for administering medicines (in Scotland and Northern Ireland).This small printed note is below the table in the oral health document sent by Kanika ,page 202Would you plz tell me about local anaesthesia cartridge disposal where?I thought Its to yellow lid sharp box weather it's partly or fully discharged(empty)But according to this note , the empty cartridge would go to orang lid cover sharp box.Looking forward for ur

answersBalsamSent from my iPadOn 25 Mar 2012, at 21:20, dr_hibahaboubi@... wrote:

Sender:

=