RemedySpot.com

Re: Extraction of 8s

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI1. B2. D NO WALLS FOR THE FRICTIONAL RETENTION FOR THE INLAYALTHOUGH D DOES N`T FOLLOW ( CONSERVATIVE APPROACH OF MODERN DENTISTRY I FIND IT THE MOST REASONABLE)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:03 Subject: Extraction of 8s

Any1

Q When do we not extract impacted 8's

a) Extraction of 8's recommended by orthodontist

B) Extraction of 8's recommended in patient undergoing renal transplant

immunosupression

c) 47 years old with moderate periodontittis

d) Second permanent molar undergoing internal resorption due to third molar

Q) Patient had trauma on 14 (vital pulp), only thin buccal cusp remaining, best treatment option

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

d) Extract and options for replacement

I thing for Q1 its B and for Q2 its inlay. please correct me if I am wrong.

Guest guest

I think we can give onlay. yea. Why not.

Sent from on Android

ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 9:18:06 PM

HI1. B2. D NO WALLS FOR THE FRICTIONAL RETENTION FOR THE INLAYALTHOUGH D DOES N`T FOLLOW ( CONSERVATIVE APPROACH OF MODERN DENTISTRY I FIND IT THE MOST REASONABLE)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:03 Subject: Extraction of 8s

Any1

immunosupression

Q) Patient had trauma on 14 (vital pulp), only thin buccal cusp remaining, best treatment option

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

HOW WILL U DO AN MOD ONLAY WITH A MISSING PALATAL CUSP AND A THIN REMAINING BUCCAL CUSP????????? From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < >; "ebtessamhamalawy@..." <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:44 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

HI1. B2. D NO WALLS FOR THE FRICTIONAL RETENTION FOR THE INLAYALTHOUGH D DOES N`T FOLLOW ( CONSERVATIVE APPROACH OF MODERN DENTISTRY I FIND IT THE MOST REASONABLE)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent:

Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:03 Subject: Extraction of 8s

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

Ya. U r right. I was thinking in some wrong direction. Did not read the question correct.

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 9:47:58 PM

HOW WILL U DO AN MOD ONLAY WITH A MISSING PALATAL CUSP AND A THIN REMAINING BUCCAL CUSP????????? From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < >; " ebtessamhamalawy@... " <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:44 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

HI1. B2. D NO WALLS FOR THE FRICTIONAL RETENTION FOR THE INLAYALTHOUGH D DOES N`T FOLLOW ( CONSERVATIVE APPROACH OF MODERN DENTISTRY I FIND IT THE MOST REASONABLE)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent:

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

Why not composite as a core....post n core?On 27 Mar 2012, at 22:54, Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> wrote:

Ya. U r right. I was thinking in some wrong direction. Did not read the question correct.

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

HOW WILL U DO AN MOD ONLAY WITH A MISSING PALATAL CUSP AND A THIN REMAINING BUCCAL CUSP????????? From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < >; "ebtessamhamalawy@..." <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:44 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

HI DIVIIF I was faced by this case in the clinicoff course I will n`t extract the tooth either a core build up and a full coverage or RCT post and core and a crown.insufficient furrel ( I don`t know the extent of the palatal fracture) : crown lengthening and full coveragebest regardsebtisam From: "Mokaamr@..." <mokaamr@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 23:30 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Why not composite as a core....post n core?On 27 Mar 2012, at 22:54, Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> wrote:

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

Yes .. I agree with you on this. We just can not extract a vital tooth just coz it has less crown structure left.. Or a cusp missing. There are many options avilable to retain it.

Thanks anyways Ebe.

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 10:44:55 PM

HI DIVIIF I was faced by this case in the clinicoff course I will n`t extract the tooth either a core build up and a full coverage or RCT post and core and a crown.insufficient furrel ( I don`t know the extent of the palatal fracture) : crown lengthening and full coveragebest regardsebtisam From:

" Mokaamr@... " <mokaamr@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 23:30 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

HOW WILL U DO AN MOD ONLAY WITH A MISSING PALATAL CUSP AND A THIN REMAINING BUCCAL CUSP????????? From: Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> " " < >; " ebtessamhamalawy@... " <ebtessamhamalawy@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:44 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

hi could you plz explain about the first question a little more? why do you chose "B" and don't chose "C"? why do we need extract an impacted teeth for a 47 years old man ? thnx From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:48 AM Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

Clinically... Crown lengthen and then fibre post and core buildup ..Dr S.S. VirdiOn 27 Mar 2012, at 11:51 PM, Divi Divi <divi_ore@...> wrote:

Yes .. I agree with you on this. We just can not extract a vital tooth just coz it has less crown structure left.. Or a cusp missing. There are many options avilable to retain it.

Thanks anyways Ebe.

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 10:44:55 PM

HI DIVIIF I was faced by this case in the clinicoff course I will n`t extract the tooth either a core build up and a full coverage or RCT post and core and a crown.insufficient furrel ( I don`t know the extent of the palatal fracture) : crown lengthening and full coveragebest regardsebtisam From:

"Mokaamr@..." <mokaamr@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 23:30 Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

Divi

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Sent from on Android

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Any1

immunosupression

a) MOD-Onlay

B) Inlay

c) Direct composite MODL

Guest guest

hi

am a bit confused with all the answers for Q1 "WHEN DO WE NOT XLA IMPACTED 8 "

is it not d -the 2nd molar is resorbing due to 8 so xla 7 instead of 8

correct me if am wrong

thanks

From: mahdise_m@...Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:21:29 -0700Subject: Re: Extraction of 8s

hi

could you plz explain about the first question a little more? why do you chose "B" and don't chose "C"? why do we need extract an impacted teeth for a 47 years old man ?

thnx

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:48 AMSubject: Re: Extraction of 8s

HI

1. B

2. D

NO WALLS FOR THE FRICTIONAL RETENTION FOR THE INLAY

ALTHOUGH D DOES N`T FOLLOW ( CONSERVATIVE APPROACH OF MODERN DENTISTRY I FIND IT THE MOST REASONABLE)

BEST REGARDS

EBTISAM

From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:03Subject: Extraction of 8s

Any1Q When do we not extract impacted 8'sa) Extraction of 8's recommended by orthodontistb) Extraction of 8's recommended in patient undergoing renal transplant immunosupressionc) 47 years old with moderate periodontittisd) Second permanent molar undergoing internal resorption due to third molarQ) Patient had trauma on 14 (vital pulp), only thin buccal cusp remaining, best treatment optiona) MOD-Onlayb) Inlayc) Direct composite MODLd) Extract and options for replacementI thing for Q1 its B and for Q2 its inlay. please correct me if I am wrong.