>

> can you guys please help with these questions

> (1) what sort of matrix is best for restoring disto-occlusal restoration of

second molar 7 ?

> -a) sectional matrix *

> -B) Auto matrix

> -c) Tofflomeir

>

> (2) How do you get incisal guidance for setting incisal teeth?

> -a) study casts

> -B) unsupported/supported labial fullness

> - there was another options he/she couldn't remember

>

> (3)best success of Root canal treatment is achieved by ?

> -a) straight canals

> -B) straight line access *

> -c) widening of the aperture root canals

> -d) proper irrigation all the times under presence of rubber dam

>

> (4) secondry impression for edentulous patient with hyper gag reflex which

material ?

> -a) Alginate

> -B) silicone rubber base *

> -c)plaster of paris

> -d) z.o.e

>

> (5)what is the best cement used to cement minimally done inlay restoration

(MOD) ?

> -a) GIC

> -B) ZNO

> -c) zinc phosphate

> -d) zincpolycarboxylate

> -e) resin cement *

>

> (6) by the way which impression material would you use in UNDERCUT area

?...... is it POLYSULPHIDE ?

>

> (7) Duraphat should be applied in high caries risk group children every how

long ?

> -a) 2 months

> -B) 4 months *

> -c) 6 months

> -d) 8 months

> -e) yearly

>

> (8) dentist did root canal treatment previously to a child and now he does a

stainless steel crown for the same patient what band the dentist should claim ?

( I dont know where are the bands stuff in pinkbook or master or churchill )

> -a) band1

> -B) band2

> -c) band3

> -d) no claim * ( patients under 18 / pregnant women or have given birth within

last 12 months / 18 year old but in full time education .... pay no money for

their treatment ) correct me about that part please

>

> best regards and best luck :)

>

Guest guest

HI 1. C 2. The incisal ( anterior guidence depends on the setting of the upper and lower antreior teeth ( OVERJET AND THE OVERBITE) AND AS U KNOW THE PRINCIPLE FOR SETTING THE UPPER ANTERIOR: DEPENDING ON THE REQIRED LIP SUPPORT AND THAT TEETH SHOULD BE PLACE 8-10 mm anterior to the center of the Incisive papillafor lower they are placed on the ridge except in cases of extreme resoption they are set just labial to the ridge. so I will choose option B UNLESS OTHER OPTIONS WHERE BETTER 3. FOR AN INLAY ITS A RESIN

CEMENT ( CEREAMIC-COMPOSITE) 4. FOR UNDRECUT: PRIMARY IMP: ALGINATESECONDARY: POLYSHULPHIDE is easily removed from the under cut but still has lots of disadvantage 1. odour 2. colour 3. low viscocity flow in the pt mouth not use in a pt with gag

ADIITIONAL SICICON: IS MORE RIGID SO ITS HARDER TO REMOVE BUT MORE STABLE BUT ITS MORE STABLESO I will choose additional silicon POLYETHER AND ZOE ARE CANTRAINDICATED7. 3-4 TIMES A YEAR SO the closest is 4MONTH 8. will not pay since he is a pedo pt less than 18 BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: serwanda <serwanda@...> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 14:30 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

guys where are you ??!!

>

> (1) what sort of matrix is best for restoring disto-occlusal restoration of second molar 7 ?

> -a) sectional matrix *

> -B) Auto matrix

> -c) Tofflomeir

>

> -a) study casts

>

> -a) straight canals

>

> (4) secondry impression for edentulous patient with hyper gag reflex which material ?

> -a) Alginate

> -c)plaster of paris

> -d) z.o.e

>

> (5)what is the best cement used to cement minimally done inlay restoration (MOD) ?

> -a) GIC

> -B) ZNO

> -c) zinc phosphate

> -e) resin cement *

>

> (6) by the way which impression material would you use in UNDERCUT area ?...... is it POLYSULPHIDE ?

>

> (7) Duraphat should be applied in high caries risk group children every how long ?

> -a) 2 months

> -B) 4 months *

> -c) 6 months

> -d) 8 months

> -e) yearly

>

> (8) dentist did root canal treatment previously to a child and now he does a stainless steel crown for the same patient what band the dentist should claim ? ( I dont know where are the bands stuff in pinkbook or master or churchill )

> -a) band1

> -B) band2

> -c) band3

> -d) no claim * ( patients under 18 / pregnant women or have given birth within last 12 months / 18 year old but in full time education .... pay no money for their treatment ) correct me about that part please

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Ebtessam In the qs 8 ,in my opinion the dentist sholud claim band 3,because they are asking what band the dentist sholud claim?not under which band should the child pay?since the dentist is claiming the money from the government.yes i agree the child doesn't pay because he/she under 18 ,but the dentist still claiming the cost of the treatment which has been provided from the government.Do you see what i mean? Correct me if i am wrong Regard's Ayham Sbahi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 15:50 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI 1. C 2. The incisal ( anterior guidence depends on the setting of the upper and lower antreior teeth ( OVERJET AND THE OVERBITE) AND AS U KNOW THE PRINCIPLE FOR SETTING THE UPPER ANTERIOR: DEPENDING ON THE REQIRED LIP SUPPORT AND THAT TEETH SHOULD BE PLACE 8-10 mm anterior to the center of the Incisive papillafor lower they are placed on the ridge except in cases of extreme resoption they are set just labial to the ridge. so I will choose option B UNLESS OTHER OPTIONS WHERE BETTER 3. FOR AN

INLAY ITS A RESIN

CEMENT ( CEREAMIC-COMPOSITE) 4. FOR UNDRECUT: PRIMARY IMP: ALGINATESECONDARY: POLYSHULPHIDE is easily removed from the under cut but still has lots of disadvantage 1. odour 2. colour 3. low viscocity flow in the pt mouth not use in a pt with gag

ADIITIONAL SICICON: IS MORE RIGID SO ITS HARDER TO REMOVE BUT MORE STABLE BUT ITS MORE STABLESO I will choose additional silicon POLYETHER AND ZOE ARE CANTRAINDICATED7. 3-4 TIMES A YEAR SO the closest is 4MONTH 8. will not pay since he is a pedo pt less than 18 BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: serwanda <serwanda@...> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 14:30 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

guys where are you ??!!

>

> (1) what sort of matrix is best for restoring disto-occlusal restoration of second molar 7 ?

> -a) sectional matrix *

> -B) Auto matrix

> -c) Tofflomeir

>

> -a) study casts

>

> -a) straight canals

>

> (4) secondry impression for edentulous patient with hyper gag reflex which material ?

> -a) Alginate

> -c)plaster of paris

> -d) z.o.e

>

> (5)what is the best cement used to cement minimally done inlay restoration (MOD) ?

> -a) GIC

> -B) ZNO

> -c) zinc phosphate

> -e) resin cement *

>

> (6) by the way which impression material would you use in UNDERCUT area ?...... is it POLYSULPHIDE ?

>

> (7) Duraphat should be applied in high caries risk group children every how long ?

> -a) 2 months

> -B) 4 months *

> -c) 6 months

> -d) 8 months

> -e) yearly

>

> (8) dentist did root canal treatment previously to a child and now he does a stainless steel crown for the same patient what band the dentist should claim ? ( I dont know where are the bands stuff in pinkbook or master or churchill )

> -a) band1

> -B) band2

> -c) band3

> -d) no claim * ( patients under 18 / pregnant women or have given birth within last 12 months / 18 year old but in full time education .... pay no money for their treatment ) correct me about that part please

>

>

Guest guest

YES THANKS FOR MAKING IT CLEAR:)))))))) From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 16:29 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Hi Ebtessam In the qs 8 ,in my opinion the dentist sholud claim band 3,because they are asking what band the dentist sholud claim?not under which band should the child pay?since the dentist is claiming the money from the government.yes i agree the child doesn't pay because he/she under 18 ,but the dentist still claiming the cost of the treatment which has been provided from the government.Do you see what i mean? Correct me if i am wrong Regard's Ayham Sbahi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 15:50 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI 1. C 2. The incisal ( anterior guidence depends on the setting of the upper and lower antreior teeth ( OVERJET AND THE OVERBITE) AND AS U KNOW THE PRINCIPLE FOR SETTING THE UPPER ANTERIOR: DEPENDING ON THE REQIRED LIP SUPPORT AND THAT TEETH SHOULD BE PLACE 8-10 mm anterior to the center of the Incisive papillafor lower they are placed on the ridge except in cases of extreme resoption they are set just labial to the ridge. so I will choose option B UNLESS OTHER OPTIONS WHERE BETTER 3. FOR AN

INLAY ITS A RESIN

guys where are you ??!!

>

> -a) sectional matrix *

> -B) Auto matrix

> -c) Tofflomeir

>

> -a) study casts

>

> -a) straight canals

>

> -a) Alginate

> -c)plaster of paris

> -d) z.o.e

>

> -a) GIC

> -B) ZNO

> -c) zinc phosphate

> -e) resin cement *

>

>

> -a) 2 months

> -B) 4 months *

> -c) 6 months

> -d) 8 months

> -e) yearly

>

> -a) band1

> -B) band2

> -c) band3

>

>

Guest guest

many thanks to Ebtessam and Ayham :)so regarding the question about the child we'll pick : band 3 ... you're right Ayhamdo you have an answer for question number 3, best success of RCT is achieved by .... ?regards,Ahmed

Guest guest

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 18:31 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

many thanks to Ebtessam and Ayham :)so regarding the question about the child we'll pick : band 3 ... you're right Ayhamdo you have an answer for question number 3, best success of RCT is achieved by .... ?regards,Ahmed

Guest guest

HI AGAIN Q3 d) proper irrigation all the times under presence of rubber dam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 18:36 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 18:31 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Guest guest

Hi Ahmedproper irrigation all the time under the presence of the rubber dam. Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " "

< > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 18:38 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AGAIN Q3 d) proper irrigation all the times under presence of rubber dam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30

March 2012, 18:36 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Guest guest

Hi ebtessamI agree proper irrigation is one of the most important step in root canal treatment but biomechanical preparation is the foremost important step and i think it has to be straight line access because if your access is nt proper there wil no point doing proper irrigation.

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:38 PM Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AGAIN Q3 d) proper irrigation all the times under presence of rubber dam From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 18:36 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March

2012, 18:31 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Guest guest

hi kanikathe reason I choose that was for the rubber damit increase the success rate 1. less bacteria 2. decreasing the contamination of the materialwhat do u think?ebtisam From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:18 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Hi ebtessamI agree proper irrigation is one of the most important step in root canal treatment but biomechanical preparation is the foremost important step and i think it has to be straight line access because if your access is nt proper there wil no point doing proper irrigation.

From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:38 PM Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March

Guest guest

Hi KanikaYes that's right the straight line access is very important,but lets imagine if the line access is not straight,anyway you are going to reach the root canal by the pressure of your irrigation syringe. correct me if i am wrong Ayham Sbahi From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:18 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < >

Sent: Friday, 30 March

Guest guest

What can rubber dam do if your access is not straight.and u will find this mcq in so many books where an option as if hemetic seal is nt good so we think of it as first option but our priority should always be bio mechanical prepration.I know whenever we look at this type of question we always think no irrigation shd be proper and all other things.But i think we have to stick with that prepration only.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1 From: ebtessam elhamalawy CC:

Guest guest

Hi,

It should be straight line access as that would be the first stage.if you go wrong in the first stage then how can we proceed properly with other processes. Please refer to endo book Pitt Ford.

Access is the first priority.

Regards,

Manochithra

On 30 Mar 2012 23:42, " kanika_sahil@... " <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

What can rubber dam do if your access is not straight.and u will find this mcq in so many books where an option as if hemetic seal is nt good so we think of it as first option but our priority should always be bio mechanical prepration.

I know whenever we look at this type of question we always think no irrigation shd be proper and all other things.But i think we have to stick with that prepration only.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1 From: ebtessam elhamalawy CC:

Guest guest

I totally disagree with you Ayham in this point because the purpose of straight line acess which is achieved by biomechanical prepration aids to debride and disinfect the root canal systemIt will help contouring the root canal walls and apical tip and this way your purpose of sealing would be completed.Hope it helps. From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " " < >

Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 11:35 PM Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Hi KanikaYes that's right the straight line access is very important,but lets imagine if the line access is not straight,anyway you are going to reach the root canal by the pressure of your irrigation syringe. correct me if i am wrong Ayham Sbahi From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:18 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

HI AHMEDCOULD U MENTION THE QUESTIONAGAIN?EBTISAM From: SeRwAnDa A <serwanda@...> " " < >

Guest guest

True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have straight

access with insufficient isolation and irrigation it's more or less useless due

to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from saliva.

Guest guest

Hi ,

It's not that we are not going to irrigated the canals but the thing is which is the best for success of root canal treatment. A straight access would be easier to irrigate so which would lead to the best treatment is the question. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manochithra

On 30 Mar 2012 23:52, " " <o_raafat@...> wrote:

True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have straight access with insufficient isolation and irrigation it's more or less useless due to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from saliva.

Guest guest

Ok kanika,that's fine,but what about if your access line is straight and your root canal walls remained contaminated,would you call it a successful RCT? Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:51 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

I totally disagree with you Ayham in this point because the purpose of straight line acess which is achieved by biomechanical prepration aids to debride and disinfect the root canal systemIt will help contouring the root canal walls and apical tip and this way your purpose of sealing would be completed.Hope it helps. From: Ayham Sbahi

<ayhamsbahi@...> " " < >

Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 11:35 PM Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Guest guest

Hi.What r indications for the use of setting n non setting ca hydroxide in restorative dentistry- Sent from my HTC on 3 ------ Reply message -----From: " " <o_raafat@...>Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pmSubject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1< >

True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have straight access with insufficient isolation and irrigation it's more or less useless due to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from saliva.

Guest guest

HIAPEXIFICATIONTTT IN AN OPEN APEX OF A YOUNG PERMANENT TOOTHBREBTISAM From: "habibahussain@..." <habibahussain@...> <o_raafat@...>; Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:09 Subject: Re: Re:

Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Hi.What r indications for the use of setting n non setting ca hydroxide in restorative dentistry- Sent from my HTC on 3 ------ Reply message -----From: "" <o_raafat@...>Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pmSubject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1< >

Guest guest

HI OMARTHANKS FOR UR FEEDBACK REGARDING THE 16 MCQIRREVERSABLE PULPITIS IS ACCOMPANIED WITH TTPCHECK THIS ARTICLE FROM THE 2007 AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICSITS KIND 15 PAGES BUT AFTER DOING IT DIAGNOSIS OF DIFFERENT PULPAL CONDITIONS WILL BE A WALK IN THE PARKhttp://www.ada.org.au/App_CmsLib/Media/Lib/0704/M70474_v1_633112749591151250.pdfBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:52 Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Guest guest

I completely agree with your point and definitely irrigation plays a pivotal role but question here is best success...I have seen such mcqs a lot of time with answer as this.that is why i still go with it.Thanks everyone. From: Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> " "

< > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 12:05 AM Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

Ok kanika,that's fine,but what about if your access line is straight and your root canal walls remained contaminated,would you call it a successful RCT? Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:51 Subject: Re: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

I totally disagree with you Ayham in this point because the purpose of straight line acess which is achieved by biomechanical prepration aids to debride and disinfect the root canal systemIt will help contouring the root canal walls and apical tip and this way your purpose of sealing would be completed.Hope it helps. From: Ayham Sbahi

<ayhamsbahi@...> " " < >

Guest guest

setting ca hydroxide is used as a liner or for direct/indirect pulp capping

non setting ca oh is placed in root canals, either in immature open apex to

induce closure (only in permanent dentition) if done in primary will accelerate

root resorption...

or placed in closed apex permanent teeth in between visits.

>

> Hi.What r indications for the use of setting n non setting ca hydroxide in

restorative dentistry

>

> - Sent from my HTC on 3 -

>

> ----- Reply message -----

> From: " " <o_raafat@...>

> Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pm

> Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

> < >

>

>

> True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have

straight access with insufficient isolation and irrigation it's more or less

useless due to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from

saliva.

>

Guest guest

Thank you for that article Ebtisam, i'll have a look through it.

>

>

>

> HI OMAR

> THANKS FOR UR FEEDBACK REGARDING THE 16 MCQ

>

> IRREVERSABLE PULPITIS IS ACCOMPANIED WITH TTP

> CHECK THIS ARTICLE FROM THE 2007 AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICS

> ITS KIND 15 PAGES BUT AFTER DOING IT

>

> DIAGNOSIS OF DIFFERENT PULPAL CONDITIONS WILL BE A WALK IN THE PARK

>

http://www.ada.org.au/App_CmsLib/Media/Lib/0704/M70474_v1_633112749591151250.pdf

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: <o_raafat@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 23:52

>

>

>  

>

> True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have

useless due to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from

saliva.

>

Guest guest

From where u shud do the splinting timing for dentoalveolar trauma.as timings r different in pink bk n master dentistry.need help- Sent from my HTC on 3 ------ Reply message -----From: " " <o_raafat@...>Date: Sat, Mar 31, 2012 12:31 amSubject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1< >

setting ca hydroxide is used as a liner or for direct/indirect pulp capping

non setting ca oh is placed in root canals, either in immature open apex to induce closure (only in permanent dentition) if done in primary will accelerate root resorption...

or placed in closed apex permanent teeth in between visits.

>

> Hi.What r indications for the use of setting n non setting ca hydroxide in restorative dentistry

>

> - Sent from my HTC on 3 -

>

> ----- Reply message -----

> From: " " <o_raafat@...>

> Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pm

> < >

>

>

> True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have straight access with insufficient isolation and irrigation it's more or less useless due to stagnation of debris within the canal and influx of bacteria from saliva.

>

Guest guest

another use of NON setting calcium hydroxide in cases of perforation

regards,

Ahmed

> >

> > Hi.What r indications for the use of setting n non setting ca hydroxide in

restorative dentistry

> >

> > - Sent from my HTC on 3 -

> >

> > ----- Reply message -----

> > From: " " <o_raafat@>

> > Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pm

> > Subject: Re: Difficult questions for MJDF1 / ORE 1

> > < >

> >

> >

> > True, that straight line access is crucial, but then again if you have

saliva.

> >

>