RemedySpot.com

Re: Q542

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

yah i think its A From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36 Subject: Q542 Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated toothA 2/3 of tooth lengthB 1/2 of tooth lengthC 1.5 times that of

crownD same as th anticipated crownThey choose c but I think its ASent from my BlackBerry® wireless device------------------------------------

Guest guest

ITS AEBTISAM From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36 Subject: Q542 Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated toothA 2/3 of tooth lengthB 1/2 of tooth

lengthC 1.5 times that of crownD same as th anticipated crownThey choose c but I think its ASent from my BlackBerry® wireless device------------------------------------

Guest guest

Oh thank u..so is there many mistakes with th answers??Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>Sender: Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:44:01 +0100 (BST) < >Reply Subject: Re: Q542 ITS AEBTISAM From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36 Subject: Q542 Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated toothA 2/3 of tooth lengthB 1/2 of toothlengthC 1.5 times that of crownD same as th anticipated crownThey choose c but I think its ASent from my BlackBerry® wireless device------------------------------------

Guest guest

I STILL HAVEN`T STARTED SOLVING YET ISA I WILL START IN 2 DAYS From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:47 Subject: Re: Q542

Oh thank u..so is there many mistakes with th answers??Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>

Sender:

Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:44:01 +0100 (BST) < >Reply

Subject: Re: Q542

ITS AEBTISAM From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36 Subject: Q542 Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated toothA 2/3 of tooth lengthB 1/2 of tooth

lengthC 1.5 times that of crownD same as th anticipated crownThey choose c but I think its ASent from my BlackBerry® wireless device------------------------------------

Guest guest

The minimum length of the post is equal to the length of the clinical crown. The recommended length is two-thirds the length of the root in bone while maintaining 5 mm of gutta-percha at the apex. Remember chances of a perforation increase as the length of the post approaches the apex of the tooth. http://www.dentistry.vcu.edu/prosth/clinic_info/post.html From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012 10:53 PM Subject: Re: Q542

I STILL HAVEN`T STARTED SOLVING YET ISA I WILL START IN 2 DAYS From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:47 Subject: Re: Q542

Oh thank u..so is there many mistakes with th answers??Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>

Sender:

Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:44:01 +0100 (BST) < >Reply

Subject: Re: Q542

ITS AEBTISAM From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36 Subject: Q542 Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated toothA 2/3

of tooth lengthB 1/2 of tooth

Guest guest

It's C

if A said 2/3 ROOT length then that would definitely be the correct answer, but

it says the tooth length which is wrong, so ideally:

2/3 root length or

at LEAST 1:1 ratio with the crown

>

>

>

> ITS A

> EBTISAM

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: " dr_hibahaboubi@... " <dr_hibahaboubi@...>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36

> Subject: Q542

>

> Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated

tooth

> A 2/3 of tooth length

> B 1/2 of tooth length

> C 1.5 times that of crown

> D same as th anticipated crown

> They choose c but I think its A

> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

YES OMAR UR RIGHTI TOTALLY FAILED TO NOTICE THATTHANKSEBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Wednesday, 28 March 2012, 0:48 Subject: Re: Q542

It's C

if A said 2/3 ROOT length then that would definitely be the correct answer, but it says the tooth length which is wrong, so ideally:

2/3 root length or

at LEAST 1:1 ratio with the crown

>

>

>

> ITS A

> EBTISAM

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36

> Subject: Q542

>

> Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated tooth

> A 2/3 of tooth length

> B 1/2 of tooth length

> C 1.5 times that of crown

> D same as th anticipated crown

> They choose c but I think its A

> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks alotSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: "" <o_raafat@...>Sender: Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:48:12 -0000< >Reply Subject: Re: Q542 It's Cif A said 2/3 ROOT length then that would definitely be the correct answer, but it says the tooth length which is wrong, so ideally:2/3 root length orat LEAST 1:1 ratio with the crown>> > > ITS A> EBTISAM> > > > ________________________________> From: " dr_hibahaboubi@... " <dr_hibahaboubi@...>> > Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 22:36> Subject: Q542> > Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated tooth> A 2/3 of tooth length> B 1/2 of tooth length> C 1.5 times that of crown> D same as th anticipated crown> They choose c but I think its A> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device> > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

The length of the post depends ideally on the crown root ratio...it should be longer than the crown and at least 5mm of gutta percha should be maintained...hence the answer they gave is kind of right

On 28 Mar 2012 03:06, <dr_hibahaboubi@...> wrote:

Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated tooth

A 2/3 of tooth length

B 1/2 of tooth length

C 1.5 times that of crown

D same as th anticipated crown

They choose c but I think its A

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

------------------------------------

Guest guest

It has to be2/3 of tooth length

On Mar 27, 2012 10:36 PM, <dr_hibahaboubi@...> wrote:

Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically treated tooth

A 2/3 of tooth length

B 1/2 of tooth length

C 1.5 times that of crown

D same as th anticipated crown

They choose c but I think its A

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

------------------------------------

Guest guest

according to son book, page 170 " as a role of thumb, the post should be AS

LONG AS THE CROWN its expected to retain " so the correct answer accordingly is

(D) !! I would go for (A) but I read it as it is mentioned above .... correct me

if I'm wrong

>

> > Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically

> > treated tooth

> > A 2/3 of tooth length

> > B 1/2 of tooth length

> > C 1.5 times that of crown

> > D same as th anticipated crown

> > They choose c but I think its A

> > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

looks like the best answer is (A)

Various guidelines have been recommended to dentists in regard to post length. These guidelines includethe following: 1. The post should equal the incisocervical or occlusocervical dimension of the crown.18-252. The post should be longer than the crown.263. The post should be 1 1/3 the length of the crown.274. The post should be a certain fraction of thelength of the root such as one half, two thirds, or fourfifths.28-355. The post should end halfway between the crestalbone and the root apex.36-386. The post should be as long as possible withoutdisturbing the apical seal.38Studies have reported that the length of the post hasa significant effect on its retention and in mostinstances, the more deeply the post is placed, the moreretentive it becomes.40Leary et al.41also found thatposts with a length of at least 3-quarters of the lengthof the root offered the greatest rigidity and least rootdeflection (bending) when compared with posts thatwere a half or a quarter the root length (Fig. 1). Shortposts are especially dangerous and have a much higherfailure rate (Fig. 2).2,42,43the link here > > > > > Wht is th ideal length for a post in post_core in an endodontically> > > treated tooth> > > A 2/3 of tooth length> > > B 1/2 of tooth length> > > C 1.5 times that of crown> > > D same as th anticipated crown> > > They choose c but I think its A> > > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device> > >> > > ------------------------------------> > >> > >