RemedySpot.com

BPE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On examination of four teeth in a sextrant except for L4 has no bleeding on

probing. What is the BPE SCORE?

1 ( is that right )

As we only record the highest score, in this case one tooth bleeds on probing.

Guest guest

YepScoring codes 0 No pockets >3.5 mm, no calculus/overhangs, no bleeding after probing (black band completely visible) 1 No pockets >3.5 mm, no calculus/overhangs, but bleeding after probing (black band completely visible) 2 No pockets >3.5 mm, but supra- or subgingival calculus/overhangs (black band completely visible) 3 Probing depth 3.5-5.5 mm (black band partially visible, indicating pocket of 4-5 mm) 4 Probing depth >5.5 mm (black band entirely within the pocket, indicating pocket of 6 mm or more) * Furcation involvement On 27 Mar 2012, at 23:16, "sualehuddinkhan" <drsualehkhan@...> wrote:

On examination of four teeth in a sextrant except for L4 has no bleeding on probing. What is the BPE SCORE?

1 ( is that right )

=

Guest guest

YESBPE ACCORDING TO THE WORST SCOREEBTISAM From: sualehuddinkhan <drsualehkhan@...> Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, 23:16 Subject: BPE

On examination of four teeth in a sextrant except for L4 has no bleeding on probing. What is the BPE SCORE?

1 ( is that right )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

hi pearlcould u plz send us the bpe document thanksbhavani From: pearltooth32 <pearltooth32@...> Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 7:53 PM Subject: BPE

Hi

Can any one confirm is it true or not that now for pocket more than 6 mm we do not use vertical bitewing. I have been seen some old mails but still wanted to check because i have a document from BPE society from 2011 october which says to use vertical B/W for pocket >6mm

thanks

pearl

Guest guest

Horizontal BitewingsThese radiographs are likely to be taken routinely for assessing caries.They may also give early warning of localised bone loss and the presence ofsubgingival calculus. The normal positioning of the film should automatically ensurea non-distorted view of bone levels in relation to the CEJ’s.Vertical BitewingsCorrectly positioned, this type of radiograph should also give a non-distorted view ofbone levels in relation to CEJs, in opposing arches. However they can only bepositioned accurately in patients with quite tall palatal vaults. Selected paralleledperiapicals may be more appropriate in

cases with more difficult access and wherethe teeth are restored, in order to assess apical status.Paralleled periapicalsThe “gold standard†radiograph for periodontal cases. Correctly positioned thisradiograph will give an accurate, non-distorted two dimensional picture of bone levelsin relation to both CEJs and total root length. This technique involves the use of aparalleling device, of which there are several on the market. These devices take theguess work out of radiography and you will achieve better and more consistent results.Visualising root anatomy in its entirety can be very useful in assessing bone level inrelation to total root length in:• Assessing prognosis• Helping to assess furcation involvements• Identifying possible endodontic

complicationshttp://www.bsperio.org.uk/publications/downloads/Young_Practitioners_Guide.pdf From: bhavani prasanna <bhavani_prasanna@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012,

9:22 Subject: Re: BPE

hi pearlcould u plz send us the bpe document thanksbhavani From: pearltooth32 <pearltooth32@...> Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 7:53 PM Subject: BPE

Hi

Can any one confirm is it true or not that now for pocket more than 6 mm we do not use vertical bitewing. I have been seen some old mails but still wanted to check because i have a document from BPE society from 2011 october which says to use vertical B/W for pocket >6mm

thanks

pearl

Guest guest

Plss can u tell me what is the CEJs means?

From: Sidrah <flying_v26@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 11:39Subject: Re: BPE

Horizontal Bitewings

These radiographs are likely to be taken routinely for assessing caries.

They may also give early warning of localised bone loss and the presence of

subgingival calculus. The normal positioning of the film should automatically ensure

a non-distorted view of bone levels in relation to the CEJ’s.

Vertical Bitewings

Correctly positioned, this type of radiograph should also give a non-distorted view of

bone levels in relation to CEJs, in opposing arches. However they can only be

positioned accurately in patients with quite tall palatal vaults. Selected paralleled

periapicals may be more appropriate in cases with more difficult access and where

the teeth are restored, in order to assess apical status.

Paralleled periapicals

The “gold standard†radiograph for periodontal cases. Correctly positioned this

radiograph will give an accurate, non-distorted two dimensional picture of bone levels

in relation to both CEJs and total root length. This technique involves the use of a

paralleling device, of which there are several on the market. These devices take the

guess work out of radiography and you will achieve better and more consistent results.

Visualising root anatomy in its entirety can be very useful in assessing bone level in

relation to total root length in:

• Assessing prognosis

• Helping to assess furcation involvements

• Identifying possible endodontic complications

http://www.bsperio.org.uk/publications/downloads/Young_Practitioners_Guide.pdf

From: bhavani prasanna <bhavani_prasanna@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 9:22Subject: Re: BPE

hi pearl

could u plz send us the bpe document

thanks

bhavani

From: pearltooth32 <pearltooth32@...> Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 7:53 PMSubject: BPE

Hi Can any one confirm is it true or not that now for pocket more than 6 mm we do not use vertical bitewing. I have been seen some old mails but still wanted to check because i have a document from BPE society from 2011 october which says to use vertical B/W for pocket >6mmthankspearl

Guest guest

CEJ means Cemento Enamel Junction. From: salina aktar <salina_cmc@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 16:41 Subject: Re: BPE

From: Sidrah <flying_v26@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 11:39Subject: Re: BPE

Horizontal Bitewings

subgingival calculus. The normal positioning of the film should automatically ensure

Vertical Bitewings

Correctly positioned, this type of radiograph should also give a non-distorted view of

positioned accurately in patients with quite tall palatal vaults. Selected paralleled

periapicals may be more appropriate in cases with more difficult access and where

Paralleled periapicals

radiograph will give an accurate, non-distorted two dimensional picture of bone levels

in relation to both CEJs and total root length. This technique involves the use of a

paralleling device, of which there are several on the market. These devices take the

guess work out of radiography and you will achieve better and more consistent results.

Visualising root anatomy in its entirety can be very useful in assessing bone level in

• Assessing prognosis

From: bhavani prasanna <bhavani_prasanna@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 9:22Subject: Re: BPE

hi pearl

thanks

bhavani

From: pearltooth32 <pearltooth32@...> Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 7:53 PMSubject: BPE

Hi Can any one confirm is it true or not that now for pocket more than 6 mm we do not use vertical bitewing. I have been seen some old mails but still wanted to check because i have a document from BPE society from 2011 october which says to use vertical B/W for pocket >6mmthankspearl

Guest guest

CEMENTOENAMEL JUNCTION From: salina aktar <salina_cmc@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 16:41 Subject: Re: BPE

Horizontal Bitewings

Vertical Bitewings

Paralleled periapicals

• Assessing prognosis

hi pearl

thanks

bhavani

Guest guest

Thank uuu...

From: radha venkataramaiah <r_venkataramaiah@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 17:10Subject: Re: BPE

CEJ means Cemento Enamel Junction.

From: salina aktar <salina_cmc@...>" " < > Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 16:41Subject: Re: BPE

Horizontal Bitewings

Vertical Bitewings

Paralleled periapicals

• Assessing prognosis

hi pearl

thanks

bhavani

Guest guest

Hi Sidrah

Thanks for your reply please see the below link which says the different things

about vertical bitewings

http://www.bsperio.org.uk/publications/downloads/39_143748_bpe2011.pdf

I have read both the document and thats why I am confused. Let me know your

views guys.

Thanks

Pearl

>

> Thank uuu...

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: radha venkataramaiah <r_venkataramaiah@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 17:10

> Subject: Re: BPE

>

>

>  

> CEJ means Cemento Enamel Junction.

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: salina aktar <salina_cmc@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 16:41

>

>

>  

> Plss can u tell me what is the CEJs means?

>

>

> From: Sidrah <flying_v26@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 11:39

>

>

>  

> Horizontal Bitewings

> These radiographs are likely to be taken routinely for assessing caries.

> They may also give early warning of localised bone loss and the presence of

> subgingival calculus. The normal positioning of the film should automatically

ensure

> a non-distorted view of bone levels in relation to the CEJ’s.

> Vertical Bitewings

> Correctly positioned, this type of radiograph should also give a non-distorted

view of

> bone levels in relation to CEJs, in opposing arches. However they can only be

> positioned accurately in patients with quite tall palatal vaults. Selected

paralleled

> periapicals may be more appropriate in cases with more difficult access and

where

> the teeth are restored, in order to assess apical status.

> Paralleled periapicals

> The “gold standard†radiograph for periodontal cases. Correctly positioned

this

> radiograph will give an accurate, non-distorted two dimensional picture of

bone levels

> in relation to both CEJs and total root length. This technique involves the

use of a

> paralleling device, of which there are several on the market. These devices

take the

> guess work out of radiography and you will achieve better and more consistent

results.

> Visualising root anatomy in its entirety can be very useful in assessing bone

level in

> relation to total root length in:

> • Assessing prognosis

> • Helping to assess furcation involvements

> • Identifying possible endodontic complications

>

>

> From: bhavani prasanna <bhavani_prasanna@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 9:22

>

>

>  

> hi pearl

> could u plz send us the bpe document

>  

> thanks

> bhavani

>  

>

> From: pearltooth32 <pearltooth32@...>

>

> Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 7:53 PM

> Subject: BPE

>

>

>  

> Hi

>

> Can any one confirm is it true or not that now for pocket more than 6 mm we do

not use vertical bitewing. I have been seen some old mails but still wanted to

check because i have a document from BPE society from 2011 october which says to

use vertical B/W for pocket >6mm

>

> thanks

>

> pearl

>