RemedySpot.com

another om questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling

in the right preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month.

He had also developed a right sided facial palsy.

What is the most likely diagnosis?

A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging

painless firm swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

The most likely diagnosis is:

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining

of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is

affected but she complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose

and itchiness affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking

any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is

present. Her left eye looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring

giving rise to symblephron formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower

eyelid and that covering the surface of her eye itself.

Based on the above findings what is your diagnosis?

A. Mucous

membrane pemphigoid

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus

vulgaris

D. Erythema

multiforme

E. Lichenoid drug reaction

Guest guest

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02Subject: another om questions

Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling in the right preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month. He had also developed a right sided facial palsy.

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging painless firm swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected but she complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose and itchiness affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Her left eye looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring giving rise to symblephron formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower eyelid and that covering the surface of her eye itself.

A. Mucous membrane pemphigoid

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Thanks harpreet but in my view,since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it travels through nerve and causes palsy.for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of osteoma.third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea... From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02Subject: another om questions

Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling in the right preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month. He had also developed a right sided facial palsy.

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging painless firm swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected but she complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose and itchiness affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Her left eye looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring giving rise to symblephron formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower eyelid and that covering the surface of her eye itself.

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

it is the attachment of bulbur and palpebral conjunctive.

and yes u r right tori is in the midline but acc to que it is left to it so best ans is osteoma.

regards,

harpreet

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:41Subject: Re: another om questions

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it travels through nerve and causes palsy.

for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of osteoma.

third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea...

From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PMSubject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Hi..

I also feel its adenoid..as pleomorphic is benign..as nerve palsy indicates a malignant cause..

;

Subject: Re: another om questions

Sent: Thu, Mar 29, 2012 4:41:31 PM

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it travels through nerve and causes palsy.

for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of osteoma.

" "

Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM

Subject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

" "

Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02

Subject: another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Hi

It is adenoid cystic as it has a neural spread (cawson)

It should be pleomorphic adenoma ( most common inta oral site on palate )

Cawson Pg 301 in 8th edition .

It could be erythema multiforme ( due to conjunctivitis being a feature)

But not very sure .

>

> Thanks harpreet 

> but in my view,

> since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it

travels through nerve and causes palsy.

> for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually

in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of

osteoma.

> third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea...

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM

> Subject: Re: another om questions

>

>

>  

> 1.E

> 2.B

> 3.A

>

> correct me if im wrong

>

> From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02

> Subject: another om questions

>

>

>  

> Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling in the right

preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month. He had also

developed a right sided facial palsy.

> What is the most likely diagnosis?

> A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma

> B. Squamous carcinoma

> C. Sebaceous cyst

> D. Branchial cyst

> E. Pleomophic adenoma

>

>  

> Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging painless firm

swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

> The most likely diagnosis is:

> A. A dental abscess

> B. Torus palatinus

> C. Osteoma

> D. Pleomorphic adenoma

> E. Canalicular adenoma

>  

>  

> Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness

affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected but she

complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose and itchiness

affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication.

On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Her left eye

looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring giving rise to symblephron

formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower eyelid and that covering the

surface of her eye itself.

> Based on the above findings what is your diagnosis?

> A. Mucous membrane pemphigoid

> B. Lichen planus

> C. Pemphigus vulgaris

> D. Erythema multiforme

> E. Lichenoid drug reaction

>

Guest guest

yeah and the thing that i forgot that adenoid ca crosses neural sheaththanx

From: Shipra Bapna <bapnashipra@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:48Subject: Re: another om questions

Hi..I also feel its adenoid..as pleomorphic is benign..as nerve palsy indicates a malignant cause..

From: Kanika Kohli ; ; Subject: Re: another om questions Sent: Thu, Mar 29, 2012 4:41:31 PM

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

From: Harpreet Bhela " " Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PMSubject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

From: Kanika Kohli " " Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02Subject: another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Pleomorphic adenoma.....5th n 6 th decade of life more in female.....most common.......adenoid cystic.....middle age....rare....and alsoover lying mucosa may ucerate......early lesions may look like pleomorphic.....and in adenoid cystic der is nerve involvemet......any thoughts......thank u

Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: another om questions

Sent:

Thu, Mar 29, 2012 4:26:38 PM

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02Subject: another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Hi ,I think for ques 3 the answer is Mucous membrane pemphigoid as it says scarring In the eyes and there r no target lesions for it to be erythema multiforme.Refer Cawson pg 233 8th edition.Correct me if I am wrongRegardsAfroze Fatima Sent from my iPadOn 29 Mar 2012, at 17:45, Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> wrote:

and yes u r right tori is in the midline but acc to que it is left to it so best ans is osteoma.

regards,

harpreet

From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:41Subject: Re: another om questions

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PMSubject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Oops

Yes Afroze ur right

Cicatricial pemphigoid is same as mucous membrane

And desquamative gingivitis is a feature of this and skin lesions are rare

But ocular involvement is there

Geeta :-)

>

> > it is the attachment of bulbur and palpebral conjunctive.

> > and yes u r right tori is in the midline but acc to que it is left to it so

best ans is osteoma.

> >

> > regards,

> > harpreet

> >

> > From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:41

> > Subject: Re: another om questions

> >

> >

> > Thanks harpreet

> > but in my view,

> > since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it

travels through nerve and causes palsy.

> > for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen

usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m

thinking of osteoma.

> > third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea...

> >

> > From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM

> >

> >

> > 1.E

> > 2.B

> > 3.A

> > correct me if im wrong

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02

> > Subject: another om questions

> >

> >

> > Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling in the right

preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month. He had also

developed a right sided facial palsy.

> > What is the most likely diagnosis?

> > A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma

> > B. Squamous carcinoma

> > C. Sebaceous cyst

> > D. Branchial cyst

> > E. Pleomophic adenoma

> >

> >

> > Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging painless firm

swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

> > The most likely diagnosis is:

> > A. A dental abscess

> > B. Torus palatinus

> > C. Osteoma

> > D. Pleomorphic adenoma

> > E. Canalicular adenoma

> >

> >

> > Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness

affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected but she

complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose and itchiness

affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication.

On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Her left eye

looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring giving rise to symblephron

formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower eyelid and that covering the

surface of her eye itself.

> > Based on the above findings what is your diagnosis?

> > A. Mucous membrane pemphigoid

> > B. Lichen planus

> > C. Pemphigus vulgaris

> > D. Erythema multiforme

> > E. Lichenoid drug reaction

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

1- adenoid cystic carcinoma as it invade nerve sheath and we do facial nerve test for patients with this tumorPleomoprohic adenoma is benign tumor doesn't cause nerve palsy 2- I don't know3- Desequamated gingivitis/ blindness it's pemphygoid Reference cowsonThanks Sent from my iPadOn 29 Mar 2012, at 17:41, Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> wrote:

Thanks harpreet but in my view,since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it travels through nerve and causes palsy.for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of osteoma.third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea... From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

=

Guest guest

Thanks Kanika those are good questionsSent from my iPadOn 29 Mar 2012, at 18:16, "geetasinghani" <geeta.singhani@...> wrote:

Oops

Yes Afroze ur right

Cicatricial pemphigoid is same as mucous membrane

And desquamative gingivitis is a feature of this and skin lesions are rare

But ocular involvement is there

Geeta :-)

>

> > it is the attachment of bulbur and palpebral conjunctive.

> > and yes u r right tori is in the midline but acc to que it is left to it so best ans is osteoma.

> >

> > regards,

> > harpreet

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:41

> >

> >

> > Thanks harpreet

> > but in my view,

> > since it causes falsy i think it should be adenoid cystic carcinoma as it travels through nerve and causes palsy.

> > for second one,even i was thinking og same but torus palatinus is seen usually in the midline and it says left to midline and being painless i m thinking of osteoma.

> > third one can u tell me symblephron formation ,i have no idea...

> >

> > From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:26 PM

> >

> >

> > 1.E

> > 2.B

> > 3.A

> > correct me if im wrong

> >

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 17:02

> > Subject: another om questions

> >

> >

> > Q35 A 42 year old man presented with a firm fixed swelling in the right preauricular region which had been enlarging over the last month. He had also developed a right sided facial palsy.

> > What is the most likely diagnosis?

> > A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma

> > B. Squamous carcinoma

> > C. Sebaceous cyst

> > D. Branchial cyst

> > E. Pleomophic adenoma

> >

> >

> > Q56 A 46 year old female presents with a slowly enlarging painless firm swelling in the hard palate to the left of the midline.

> > The most likely diagnosis is:

> > A. A dental abscess

> > B. Torus palatinus

> > C. Osteoma

> > D. Pleomorphic adenoma

> > E. Canalicular adenoma

> >

> >

> > Q112 A 60 year old female attends your surgery complaining of soreness affecting her gingivae. No other area of her oral mucosa is affected but she complains of occasional bleeding and crusting inside her nose and itchiness affecting one of her eyes. She is fit and well and is not taking any medication. On examination intra-orally a desquamative gingivitis is present. Her left eye looks inflamed and there is some evidence of scarring giving rise to symblephron formation between the conjunctiva lining her lower eyelid and that covering the surface of her eye itself.

> > Based on the above findings what is your diagnosis?

> > A. Mucous membrane pemphigoid

> > B. Lichen planus

> > C. Pemphigus vulgaris

> > D. Erythema multiforme

> > E. Lichenoid drug reaction

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

Guest guest

Hi kanika and Harpreet,q56 i would go for pleomorphic adenoma.....since osteoma should be a hard swelling occurs in madible mostly.. From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:45 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

regards,

harpreet

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

hi sajithaosteomas occur as a paltal lesion as well and are beningn.regarding pleomorphic adenoma it occurs as a platal lesion if secondairly ulcerated. From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 10:10 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

Hi kanika and Harpreet,q56 i would go for pleomorphic adenoma.....since osteoma should be a hard swelling occurs in madible mostly.. From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:45 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

regards,

harpreet

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

SORRY..i didnt get wat u said abt adenoma.. From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 10:40 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

hi sajithaosteomas occur as a paltal lesion as well and are beningn.regarding pleomorphic adenoma it occurs as a platal lesion if secondairly ulcerated. From: Sajithakumari Sivaprem <ssajithakumari@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 10:10 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

Hi kanika and Harpreet,q56 i would go for pleomorphic adenoma.....since osteoma should be a hard swelling occurs in madible mostly.. From: Harpreet Bhela <harpreetbhela@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 5:45 PM Subject: Re: another om

questions

regards,

harpreet

Thanks harpreet

but in my view,

1.E

2.B

3.A

correct me if im wrong

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

Hi sajithaWhat i want to say is though pleomorphic adenoma in minor glands if present effects palate but they may be secondarily ulcerated.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

can you give me the reference kanika....in cawson it is given that benign salivary tumors wont ulcerate.... From: "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 11:30 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

Hi sajithaWhat i want to say is though pleomorphic adenoma in minor glands if present effects palate but they may be secondarily ulcerated.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

I have read it in masters under salivary glands.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme

Guest guest

ok.. i read it kanika.....what can we do when books contradict?..but..it is not always ulcerated....and considering the sex of the patient and the consistency of the swelling....i still think it is adenoma.. thank you..... From: "kanika_sahil@..." <kanika_sahil@...> Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012 11:48 PM Subject: Re: another om questions

I have read it in masters under salivary glands.Sent from Samsung Mobile

--- another om questions

B. Squamous carcinoma

C. Sebaceous cyst

D. Branchial cyst

E. Pleomophic adenoma

A. A dental abscess

B. Torus palatinus

C. Osteoma

D. Pleomorphic adenoma

E. Canalicular adenoma

B. Lichen planus

C. Pemphigus vulgaris

D. Erythema multiforme