RemedySpot.com

Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI ENAS1. C2. A3. B4.A5. D6. A. TRUE B. TRUE C. TRUE ( NOT SURE) D.TRUE 7. A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL) B. TRUE C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION D. TRUEEMQ1. anterior open bite- d. bird

facies posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)2. calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teethCALL ME ANY TIME I AM AVAILABLE ON SKYPE TILL 2 AM TODAY :)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Enas Elsharawi <enaselsharawi@...> " " < >

Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 16:18 Subject: Clinical science questions for ore1

please need help in these questions1.The obturation technique which

gives the best hermetic seal for gutta-percha in endodontics a. warm

lateral compaction b. warm

vertical compaction c. thermoplasticised

gutta-percha techniques d. cold

lateral compaction e. chlorpercha 2.Which antibiotic interferes in

the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time? a. Erythromycin b. Metronidazole c. Penicillin d. tetracycline 3,Which is the most suitable

examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure a. transillumination b. bitewing c. probing d. DPT 4.According to the Electricity at

Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every? a. three years b. one year c. two years d. 6 months 5.Fire certificates are only

required for buildings with 20 people working in them or if more than ten

people work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental

practices). Fire risk assessment should be carried every

a. 3 months b. 6 months c. 9 months d. one year 6. false, true a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of

an apical barrier formation in non-vital immature permanent teeth b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of

the radiographic apex c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the

root canal completely to the apex d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s

repair mechanism to produce the hard tissue barrier 7. false, true a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could

indicate apical periodontits and the need to commence endo treatment b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while

positive responses are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal

necrosis has therefore occurred c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic

treatment is therefore indicated d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed

since the initial examination and that external root resorption has begun.

Endodontic treatment should therefore be undertaken. EMQ 1. skeletal class II,

skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open bite, reduced length of

body of mandible, dentoskeletal compensation

a. commonly seen in class III malocclusion b. reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla c. reduced mandibular body length d. bird facies technology 2.ecalcium hydroxid, formocresol,

beechwood creosote, EDTA, pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix a. removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, b. used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth c. used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth d. used for apexification in permanent teeth

Guest guest

Hi 1. Its cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.2. bit confused with a and b 3.its probing4.3 years5. dfor 6c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.correct me if am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:33 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

HI ENAS1. C2. A3. B4.A5. D6. A. TRUE B. TRUE C. TRUE ( NOT SURE) D.TRUE 7. A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL) B. TRUE C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION D. TRUEEMQ1. anterior open bite- d. bird

facies posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)2. calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teethCALL ME ANY TIME I AM AVAILABLE ON SKYPE TILL 2 AM TODAY :)BEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Enas Elsharawi <enaselsharawi@...> " " < >

the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time? a. Erythromycin b. Metronidazole c. Penicillin d. tetracycline 3,Which is the most suitable

examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure a. transillumination b. bitewing c. probing d. DPT 4.According to the Electricity at

Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every? a. three years b. one year c. two years d. 6 months 5.Fire certificates are only

a. 3 months b. 6 months c. 9 months d. one year 6. false, true a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of

an apical barrier formation in non-vital immature permanent teeth b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of

the radiographic apex c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the

root canal completely to the apex d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s

repair mechanism to produce the hard tissue barrier 7. false, true a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could

indicate apical periodontits and the need to commence endo treatment b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while

necrosis has therefore occurred c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic

treatment is therefore indicated d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed

a. commonly seen in class III malocclusion b. reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla c. reduced mandibular body length d. bird facies technology 2.ecalcium hydroxid, formocresol,

beechwood creosote, EDTA, pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix a. removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, b. used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth c. used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth d. used for apexification in permanent teeth

Guest guest

HI KANIKA1. I WAS NOT SURE SPECIALLY BEC ALL THE PAPERS I READ SAID THAT THERE IS NO STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE ( COULD U PLEASE PROVIDE A REFERENCE)2. is b according to the ish guidelines3. I really don`t think its probe especially due to the fissure configuration ( where there is a catch in the absence of cariesplus according to OXFORD ESSENTIAL FOR DENTAL CARIES UNDER PITA AND FISSURE 1. BITE WING IS USED AS A SAFETY NET FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE (((((HIDDEN CARIES))))) THAT WAS MISSED DURING CLINICAL EXAMINATION ( MORE

ACCURATE)6 C ARE U SURE ( CA HYDROXIDE WILL NOT DIFFUSE APICALLY )THANKSBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:22 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Hi 1. Its cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.2. bit confused with a and b 3.its probing4.3 years5. dfor 6c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.correct me if am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:33 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Guest guest

1. its given in pink book.2.scully3. i think you are right...6.yes am sure ,it has to reach the apex.Thanks for the article.its too good.kanika From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent:

Saturday, 31 March 2012 12:39 AM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

HI KANIKA1. I WAS NOT SURE SPECIALLY BEC ALL THE PAPERS I READ SAID THAT THERE IS NO STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE ( COULD U PLEASE PROVIDE A REFERENCE)2. is b according to the ish guidelines3. I really don`t think its probe especially due to the fissure configuration ( where there is a catch in the absence of cariesplus according to OXFORD ESSENTIAL FOR DENTAL CARIES UNDER PITA AND FISSURE 1. BITE WING IS USED AS A SAFETY NET FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE (((((HIDDEN CARIES))))) THAT WAS MISSED DURING CLINICAL EXAMINATION ( MORE

ACCURATE)6 C ARE U SURE ( CA HYDROXIDE WILL NOT DIFFUSE APICALLY )THANKSBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:22 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Hi 1. Its cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.2. bit confused with a and b 3.its probing4.3 years5. dfor 6c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.correct me if am wrong. From: ebtessam elhamalawy

<ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:33 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Guest guest

hi kanikathankscould u expalin this ques Q8 Six months ago you saw a child patient, then aged 9 years. His upper right maxillary canine was palpable in the labial sulcus but the upper left was not. The situation is now unchanged, so you have taken two periapicals of the non-palpable tooth. They both show that there is some resorption of the C| root but the permanent canine appears somewhat mesially angled and is more mesial on the more mesially positioned film.

What is your the best course of action?

A. Keep a careful watch on it and take another x-ray in 6 months.

B. Refer to an oral surgeon for early exposure of the permanent canine.

C. Refer to an oral surgeon for early removal of the permanent canine before it damages the lateral incisor.

D. Refer to an orthodontist for a treatment plan.

E. Wait and watch’ until the child is 11.

WHY E NOT DWHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR AN INTERCEPTIVE APPROACH TO EXTRACT THE PRIMARY IN THE MIXED DENTITIONARE WE ALLOWED TO DO THAT OR DOES IT NEEDS AN ORTH REFERAL BEST REGARDS EBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:14 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

1. its given in pink book.2.scully3. i think you are right...6.yes am sure ,it has to reach the apex.Thanks for the article.its too good.kanika From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent:

Saturday, 31 March 2012 12:39 AM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

ACCURATE)6 C ARE U SURE ( CA HYDROXIDE WILL NOT DIFFUSE APICALLY )THANKSBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:22 Subject: Re: Clinical science

questions for ore1

facies posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)2. calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary

teeth

Guest guest

usually ortho referrals are made at or just after the age of 12 to ensure that

perm. dentition is mostly present.

also wouldn't mesial tilt of canines be normal during the ugly duckling stage

and the mesial tilt and force on the laterals is what aligns the teeth through

that stage.

>

>  

>  

> hi kanika

> thanks

> could u expalin this ques

>  Q8

> Six months ago you saw a child patient, then aged 9 years. His upper right

maxillary canine was palpable in the labial sulcus but the upper left was not.

The situation is now unchanged, so you have taken two periapicals of the

non-palpable tooth. They both show that there is some resorption of the C| root

but the permanent canine appears somewhat mesially angled and is more mesial on

the more mesially positioned film.

> What is your the best course of action?

> A. Keep a careful watch on it and take another x-ray in 6 months.

>   B. Refer to an oral surgeon for early exposure of the permanent canine.

>   C. Refer to an oral surgeon for early removal of the permanent canine

before it damages the lateral incisor.

>   D. Refer to an orthodontist for a treatment plan.

>   E. Wait and watch’ until the child is 11.

>

> WHY E NOT D

> WHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR AN INTERCEPTIVE APPROACH TO EXTRACT THE PRIMARY IN

THE MIXED DENTITION

> ARE WE ALLOWED TO DO THAT OR DOES IT NEEDS AN ORTH REFERAL

>  

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

> ________________________________

> From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:14

> Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

>

>

>  

>

> 1. its given in pink book.

> 2.scully

> 3. i think you are right...

> 6.yes am sure ,it has to reach the apex.

>

> Thanks for the article.its too good.

>

> kanika

>

>

> From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 12:39 AM

>

>

>  

>

>

> HI KANIKA

>

>

> 1. I WAS NOT SURE SPECIALLY BEC ALL THE PAPERS I READ SAID THAT THERE IS NO

STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE ( COULD U PLEASE PROVIDE A REFERENCE)

>

> 2. is b according to the ish guidelines

>

> 3. I really don`t think its probe especially  due to the fissure

configuration (

>     where there is a catch in the absence of caries

> plus according to OXFORD ESSENTIAL FOR DENTAL CARIES

>

> UNDER PITA AND FISSURE

>

>   1. BITE WING IS USED AS A SAFETY NET FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE (((((HIDDEN

CARIES))))) THAT WAS MISSED DURING CLINICAL EXAMINATION ( MORE ACCURATE)

>

>

> 6 C ARE U SURE ( CA HYDROXIDE WILL NOT DIFFUSE APICALLY )

>

> THANKS

>

> BEST REGARDS

>

>

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:22

>

>

>  

> Hi 

> 1. Its  cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie

obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.

> 2. bit confused with a and b 

> 3.its probing

> 4.3 years

> 5. d

> for 6

> c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.

> 7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going

and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits

with it only.

> correct me if am wrong.

>

>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012 6:33 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> HI ENAS

>

> 1. C

>

> 2. A

>

> 3. B

>

> 4.A

> 5. D

>

> 6. A. TRUE

>     B. TRUE

>

>     C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

>

>     D.TRUE

>    

>

> 7.

>      A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL

VITAL)

>

>       B. TRUE

>        C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION

>

>          D. TRUE

>

> EMQ

> 1.     anterior open bite- d. bird facies

>      posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla

>       skeletal class II           reduced mandibular body

length

>        dentoskeletal compensation       commonly seen in class III

malocclusion  (NOT SURE)

>

>

> 2.      calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth

>       pulpectomy     removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,

>     (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies

in primary teeth 

>         I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD

>          beechwood creosote       used for devitalising

pulpotomies in primary teeth

>

>

> CALL ME ANY TIME

>

> I AM AVAILABLE ON SKYPE TILL 2 AM TODAY :)

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

>

> From: Enas Elsharawi <enaselsharawi@...>

> " " < >

> Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 16:18

> Subject: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

>

>  

> please need help in these questions

> 1.The obturation technique which

> gives the best hermetic seal for gutta-percha in endodontics

> a.       warm

> lateral compaction

> b.      warm

> vertical compaction

> c.       thermoplasticised

> gutta-percha techniques

> d.      cold

> lateral compaction

> e.       chlorpercha

>  

> 2.Which antibiotic interferes in

> the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time?

> a.       Erythromycin

> b.      Metronidazole

> c.       Penicillin

> d.      tetracycline  

>  

> 3,Which is the most suitable

> examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure

>             a. transillumination

>             b. bitewing

>             c. probing

>             d. DPT

>    

> 4.According to the Electricity at

> Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every?

> a. three years

> b. one year

> c. two years

> d. 6 months

>  

> 5.Fire certificates are only

> required for buildings with 20 people working in them or if more than ten

> people

>  work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental

> practices). Fire risk assessment 

> should be carried every

> a. 3 months

> b. 6 months

> c. 9 months

> d. one year

>  

> 6. false, true

> a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of

> an apical barrier formation

>  in non-vital immature permanent teeth

> b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of

> the radiographic apex

> c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the

> root canal completely to the apex

> d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s

> repair mechanism 

> to produce the hard tissue barrier

>  

> 7. false, true

>  a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could

> indicate apical periodontits 

> and the need to commence endo treatment

> b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while

> positive responses 

> are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal

> necrosis has therefore occurred

> c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic

> treatment is therefore indicated

> d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed

> since the initial examination 

> and that external root resorption has begun.

> Endodontic treatment should therefore be undertaken.

>

> EMQ

>  1. skeletal class II,

> skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open bite,

>  reduced length  of

> body of mandible, dentoskeletal compensation

>  

> a. commonly seen in class III malocclusion

> b. reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla

> c. reduced mandibular body length

> d. bird facies technology

>  

>  

> 2.ecalcium hydroxid, formocresol,

> beechwood creosote, EDTA,

>  pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix

>  

> a. removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,

> b. used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth

> c. used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

> d. used for apexification in permanent teeth

>  

>

Guest guest

I think we should wait and watch till the age of 11.since the age of child is 9 means permanent incisors and there is resorbtion of c and permanwill erupt by the age of 11.so,we should wait and see until permanent canine erupt.why do we need to send the patient to the orthodontist as we dont want to extract the c as the age of the patient is 9 and still 2 years are left for the eruption of 3.so we dont want an unneccessary space loss for 2 years and cause drifiting of other tooth and if that tooth is not showing any sign clinically why do we have to do something.hope it makes some sense. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 1:36 AM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

hi kanikathankscould u expalin this ques Q8 Six months ago you saw a child patient, then aged 9 years. His upper right maxillary canine was palpable in the labial sulcus but the upper left was not. The situation is now unchanged, so you have taken two periapicals of the non-palpable tooth. They both show that there is some resorption of the C| root but the permanent canine appears somewhat mesially angled and is more mesial on the more mesially positioned film.

C. Refer to an oral surgeon for early removal of the permanent canine before it damages the lateral incisor.

WHY E NOT DWHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR AN INTERCEPTIVE APPROACH TO EXTRACT THE PRIMARY IN THE MIXED DENTITIONARE WE ALLOWED TO DO THAT OR DOES IT NEEDS AN ORTH REFERAL BEST REGARDS EBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:14 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

ACCURATE)6 C ARE U SURE ( CA HYDROXIDE WILL NOT DIFFUSE APICALLY )THANKSBEST REGARDSEBTISAM From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 0:22 Subject: Re: Clinical science

questions for ore1

Hi 1. Its cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.2. bit confused with a and b 3.its probing4.3 years5. dfor 6c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.correct me if am wrong. From:

ebtessam elhamalawy

facies posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)2. calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp, (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary

teeth

Guest guest

YEP THANKS From: Kanika Kohli <kanika_sahil@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 2:01 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

I think we should wait and watch till the age of 11.since the age of child is 9 means permanent incisors and there is resorbtion of c and permanwill erupt by the age of 11.so,we should wait and see until permanent canine erupt.why do we need to send the patient to the orthodontist as we dont want to extract the c as the age of the patient is 9 and still 2 years are left for the eruption of 3.so we dont want an unneccessary space loss for 2 years and cause drifiting of other tooth and if that tooth is not showing any sign clinically why do we have to do something.hope it makes some sense. From: ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012 1:36 AM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

questions for ore1

Hi 1. Its cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.2. bit confused with a and b 3.its probing4.3 years5. dfor 6c its false as it is important that calcium hydroxide should reach the apex.7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.correct me if am wrong. From:

ebtessam elhamalawy

HI ENAS1. C2. A3. B4.A5. D6. A. TRUE B. TRUE C. TRUE ( NOT SURE) D.TRUE 7. A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL) B. TRUE C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION D. TRUEEMQ1. anterior open bite-

d. bird

teeth

Guest guest

YES THANKS From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:58 Subject: Re:

Clinical science questions for ore1

usually ortho referrals are made at or just after the age of 12 to ensure that perm. dentition is mostly present.

also wouldn't mesial tilt of canines be normal during the ugly duckling stage and the mesial tilt and force on the laterals is what aligns the teeth through that stage.

>

> Â

> Â

> hi kanika

> thanks

> Â Q8

> Six months ago you saw a child patient, then aged 9 years. His upper right maxillary canine was palpable in the labial sulcus but the upper left was not. The situation is now unchanged, so you have taken two periapicals of the non-palpable tooth. They both show that there is some resorption of the C| root but the permanent canine appears somewhat mesially angled and is more mesial on the more mesially positioned film.

>   C. Refer to an oral surgeon for early removal of the permanent canine before it damages the lateral incisor.

>

> WHY E NOT D

> WHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR AN INTERCEPTIVE APPROACH TO EXTRACT THE PRIMARY IN THE MIXED DENTITION

> Â

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

> " " < >

>

>

>

> Â

>

> 2.scully

>

>

> kanika

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

> HI KANIKA

>

>

> 1. I WAS NOT SURE SPECIALLY BEC ALL THE PAPERS I READ SAID THAT THERE IS NO STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE ( COULD U PLEASE PROVIDE A REFERENCE)

>

>

> 3. I really don`t think its probe especially due to the fissure configuration (

> Â Â Â where there is a catch in the absence of caries

>

> UNDER PITA AND FISSURE

>

> Â 1. BITE WING IS USED AS A SAFETY NET FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE (((((HIDDEN CARIES))))) THAT WAS MISSED DURING CLINICAL EXAMINATION ( MORE ACCURATE)

>

>

>

> THANKS

>

> BEST REGARDS

>

>

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> HiÂ

> 1. Its  cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.

> 2. bit confused with a and bÂ

> 3.its probing

> 4.3 years

> 5. d

> for 6

> 7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> HI ENAS

>

> 1. C

>

> 2. A

>

> 3. B

>

> 4.A

> 5. D

>

> 6. A. TRUE

> Â Â Â B. TRUE

>

> Â Â Â C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

>

> Â Â Â D.TRUE

> Â Â Â

>

> 7.

> Â Â Â Â A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL)

>

> Â Â Â Â Â B. TRUE

> Â Â Â Â Â Â C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION

>

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â D. TRUE

>

> EMQ

> 1.    anterior open bite- d. bird facies

> Â Â Â Â posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla

> Â Â Â Â Â skeletal class IIÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â reduced mandibular body length

>       dentoskeletal compensation      commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)

>

>

> 2.     calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth

>      pulpectomy    removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,

> Â Â Â (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teethÂ

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD

>         beechwood creosote      used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth

>

>

> CALL ME ANY TIME

>

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> a.       warm

> lateral compaction

> b.      warm

> vertical compaction

> d.      cold

> lateral compaction

> e.       chlorpercha

> Â

> a.       Erythromycin

> b.      Metronidazole

> c.       Penicillin

> d.      tetracycline Â

> Â

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â a. transillumination

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â b. bitewing

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â c. probing

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â d. DPT

> Â Â Â

> a. three years

> b. one year

> c. two years

> d. 6 months

> Â

> people

> practices). Fire risk assessmentÂ

> a. 3 months

> b. 6 months

> c. 9 months

> d. one year

> Â

> 6. false, true

> Â in non-vital immature permanent teeth

> the radiographic apex

> repair mechanismÂ

> Â

> 7. false, true

> Â a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could

> indicate apical periodontitsÂ

> positive responsesÂ

> since the initial examinationÂ

>

> EMQ

> Â 1. skeletal class II,

>  reduced length  of

> Â

> Â

> Â

> Â pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix

> Â

> Â

>

Guest guest

THANKS WHICH DO U THINK IS MORE SUPPERIOR IN FISSURE CARIES ( X-RAY , DIAGNODENT)?????? BREBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 1:58 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

usually ortho referrals are made at or just after the age of 12 to ensure that perm. dentition is mostly present.

also wouldn't mesial tilt of canines be normal during the ugly duckling stage and the mesial tilt and force on the laterals is what aligns the teeth through that stage.

>

> Â

> Â

> hi kanika

> thanks

> Â Q8

> Six months ago you saw a child patient, then aged 9 years. His upper right maxillary canine was palpable in the labial sulcus but the upper left was not. The situation is now unchanged, so you have taken two periapicals of the non-palpable tooth. They both show that there is some resorption of the C| root but the permanent canine appears somewhat mesially angled and is more mesial on the more mesially positioned film.

>   C. Refer to an oral surgeon for early removal of the permanent canine before it damages the lateral incisor.

>

> WHY E NOT D

> WHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR AN INTERCEPTIVE APPROACH TO EXTRACT THE PRIMARY IN THE MIXED DENTITION

> Â

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

> " " < >

>

>

>

> Â

>

> 2.scully

>

>

> kanika

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

> HI KANIKA

>

>

> 1. I WAS NOT SURE SPECIALLY BEC ALL THE PAPERS I READ SAID THAT THERE IS NO STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE ( COULD U PLEASE PROVIDE A REFERENCE)

>

>

> 3. I really don`t think its probe especially due to the fissure configuration (

>

> UNDER PITA AND FISSURE

>

> Â 1. BITE WING IS USED AS A SAFETY NET FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF THE (((((HIDDEN CARIES))))) THAT WAS MISSED DURING CLINICAL EXAMINATION ( MORE ACCURATE)

>

>

>

> THANKS

>

> BEST REGARDS

>

>

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> HiÂ

> 1. Its  cold lateral compaction(the gold standard)though thermoplasticised ie obtura are good for int resorbtion cases.

> 3.its probing

> 4.3 years

> 5. d

> for 6

> 7.a liitle bit confused which associated with class 111 as no option is going and even dentoskeletal diserepencies is there in class 2 as well but best suits with it only.

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> HI ENAS

>

> 1. C

>

> 2. A

>

> 3. B

>

> 4.A

> 5. D

>

> 6. A. TRUE

> Â Â Â B. TRUE

>

>

> Â Â Â D.TRUE

> Â Â Â

>

> 7.

> Â Â Â Â A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL)

>

> Â Â Â Â Â B. TRUE

>

>

> EMQ

>       dentoskeletal compensation      commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)

>

>

> Â Â Â (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teethÂ

>         beechwood creosote      used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth

>

>

> CALL ME ANY TIME

>

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> a.       warm

> lateral compaction

> b.      warm

> vertical compaction

> d.      cold

> lateral compaction

> e.       chlorpercha

> Â

> a.       Erythromycin

> b.      Metronidazole

> c.       Penicillin

> d.      tetracycline Â

> Â

> Â Â Â

> a. three years

> b. one year

> c. two years

> d. 6 months

> Â

> people

> a. 3 months

> b. 6 months

> c. 9 months

> d. one year

> Â

> 6. false, true

> the radiographic apex

> repair mechanismÂ

> Â

> 7. false, true

> positive responsesÂ

>

> EMQ

>  reduced length  of

> Â

> Â

> Â

> Â

> Â

>

Guest guest

Diagnodent is superior..

Divi

Sent from on Android

ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Sent:

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 1:43:07 AM

THANKS WHICH DO U THINK IS MORE SUPPERIOR IN FISSURE CARIES ( X-RAY , DIAGNODENT)?????? BREBTISAM From: <o_raafat@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March

2012, 1:58 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> Â

> Â

> hi kanika

> thanks

> Â Q8

>

> WHY E NOT D

> Â

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

> " " < >

>

>

>

> Â

>

> 2.scully

>

>

> kanika

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

> HI KANIKA

>

>

>

>

>

> UNDER PITA AND FISSURE

>

>

>

>

> THANKS

>

> BEST REGARDS

>

>

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> HiÂ

> 3.its probing

> 4.3 years

> 5. d

> for 6

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> HI ENAS

>

> 1. C

>

> 2. A

>

> 3. B

>

> 4.A

> 5. D

>

> 6. A. TRUE

> Â Â Â B. TRUE

>

>

> Â Â Â D.TRUE

> Â Â Â

>

> 7.

>

> Â Â Â Â Â B. TRUE

>

>

> EMQ

>

>

>

>

> CALL ME ANY TIME

>

> BEST REGARDS

> EBTISAM

>

>

> " " < >

>

>

> Â

> a.       warm

> lateral compaction

> b.      warm

> vertical compaction

> d.      cold

> lateral compaction

> e.       chlorpercha

> Â

> a.       Erythromycin

> b.      Metronidazole

> c.       Penicillin

> d.      tetracycline Â

> Â

> Â Â Â

> a. three years

> b. one year

> c. two years

> d. 6 months

> Â

> people

> a. 3 months

> b. 6 months

> c. 9 months

> d. one year

> Â

> 6. false, true

> the radiographic apex

> repair mechanismÂ

> Â

> 7. false, true

> positive responsesÂ

>

> EMQ

>  reduced length  of

> Â

> Â

> Â

> Â

> Â

>

Guest guest

Hi EbtessamI think for question 1 it is BThermoplastised GP techniques only fills coronal part but apical part is always by lateral or vertical technique .So for the best hermetic seal We do lateral condensation in apical portion for best apical then use thermoplastic GP for best coronal sealPls read the followingMD2 and correct me if wrong.Thanks:)The downpack procedure results in apical corkage, filling of lateral and accessory canals and an empty canal space coronally. Backfilling of the canal is achieved by using thermoplasticised gutta-percha delivered in increments and condensed (see below). Vertical condensation produces excellent results in experienced hands but has the problem of being time consuming.MiralSent from my iPadOn 30 Mar 2012, at 18:33, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

hello can some1 please provide a refernce for 3 i dunt think fissure stains the

answer is bitewing because bitewing is used for interproximal caries not seen by

nake eye thanks

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL

VITAL)

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> > anterior open bite- d. bird facies

> > posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla

> > skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length

> > dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III

malocclusion (NOT SURE)

> >

> > 2.

> > calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth

> > pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,

> > (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies

in primary teeth

> > I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD

> > beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in

primary teeth

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > I AM AVAILABLE ON SKYPE TILL 2 AM TODAY :)

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > From: Enas Elsharawi <enaselsharawi@...>

> > " " < >

> > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 16:18

> > Subject: Clinical science questions for ore1

> >

> >

> > please need help in these questions

> > 1.The obturation technique which gives the best hermetic seal for

gutta-percha in endodontics

> > a. warm lateral compaction

> > b. warm vertical compaction

> > c. thermoplasticised gutta-percha techniques

> > d. cold lateral compaction

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > 2.Which antibiotic interferes in the action of warfarin resulting in an

increased prothrombine time?

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > 3,Which is the most suitable examination for the diagnosis of caries in a

stained fissure

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > 4.According to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment

must be tested every?

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > 5.Fire certificates are only required for buildings with 20 people working

in them or if more than ten people

> > work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental practices).

Fire risk assessment

> > should be carried every

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> > a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of an

apical barrier formation

> > in non-vital immature permanent teeth

> > b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of

the radiographic apex

> > c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the root

canal completely to the apex

> > d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s

repair mechanism

> > to produce the hard tissue barrier

> >

> > 7. false, true

> > a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could indicate

apical periodontits

> > and the need to commence endo treatment

> > b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while

positive responses

> > are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal necrosis has

therefore occurred

> > c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic

treatment is therefore indicated

> > d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed since

the initial examination

> > and that external root resorption has begun. Endodontic treatment should

therefore be undertaken.

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1. skeletal class II, skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open

bite,

> > reduced length of body of mandible, dentoskeletal compensation

> >

> > a. commonly seen in class III malocclusion

> > b. reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla

> > c. reduced mandibular body length

> > d. bird facies technology

> >

> >

> > 2.ecalcium hydroxid, formocresol, beechwood creosote, EDTA,

> > pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix

> >

> > a. removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,

> > b. used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth

> > c. used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

> > d. used for apexification in permanent teeth

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

2 i thnk the answer is b metronidazole increased PT time

http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v194/n8/full/4810049a.html

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL

VITAL)

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> > dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III

malocclusion (NOT SURE)

> >

> > 2.

> > (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies

in primary teeth

> > beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in

primary teeth

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > 1.The obturation technique which gives the best hermetic seal for

gutta-percha in endodontics

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > 2.Which antibiotic interferes in the action of warfarin resulting in an

increased prothrombine time?

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > 3,Which is the most suitable examination for the diagnosis of caries in a

stained fissure

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > 4.According to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment

must be tested every?

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > 5.Fire certificates are only required for buildings with 20 people working

in them or if more than ten people

> > work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental practices).

Fire risk assessment

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> > a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of an

apical barrier formation

> > b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of

the radiographic apex

> > c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the root

canal completely to the apex

> > d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s

repair mechanism

> >

> > 7. false, true

> > a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could indicate

apical periodontits

> > b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while

positive responses

> > are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal necrosis has

therefore occurred

> > c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic

treatment is therefore indicated

> > d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed since

the initial examination

> > and that external root resorption has begun. Endodontic treatment should

therefore be undertaken.

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1. skeletal class II, skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open

bite,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

YES UR RIGHT ITS B ALSO ACC TO THE SCOTISH GUIDELINESEBTISAM From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 21:27 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL)

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> > dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)

> >

> > 2.

> > (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

> > beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > 1.The obturation technique which gives the best hermetic seal for gutta-percha in endodontics

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > 2.Which antibiotic interferes in the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time?

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > 3,Which is the most suitable examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > 4.According to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every?

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > 5.Fire certificates are only required for buildings with 20 people working in them or if more than ten people

> > work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental practices). Fire risk assessment

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> > a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of an apical barrier formation

> > b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of the radiographic apex

> > c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the root canal completely to the apex

> > d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s repair mechanism

> >

> > 7. false, true

> > a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could indicate apical periodontits

> > b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while positive responses

> > are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal necrosis has therefore occurred

> > c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic treatment is therefore indicated

> > d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed since the initial examination

> > and that external root resorption has begun. Endodontic treatment should therefore be undertaken.

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1. skeletal class II, skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open bite,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi eceryone, i thibk for q 1, its cold lateral cobdensation, thats acc to pink, but please can anyone give a clear explanation, if u r supporting another option? RegardsSent from my iPhoneOn 31 Mar 2012, at 15:23, Miral <miral_hasan@...> wrote:

Hi EbtessamI think for question 1 it is BThermoplastised GP techniques only fills coronal part but apical part is always by lateral or vertical technique .So for the best hermetic seal We do lateral condensation in apical portion for best apical then use thermoplastic GP for best coronal sealPls read the followingMD2 and correct me if wrong.Thanks:)The downpack procedure results in apical corkage, filling of lateral and accessory canals and an empty canal space coronally. Backfilling of the canal is achieved by using thermoplasticised gutta-percha delivered in increments and condensed (see below). Vertical condensation produces excellent results in experienced hands but has the problem of being time consuming.MiralSent from my iPadOn 30 Mar 2012, at 18:33, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

thank you From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re:

dear Chloe it is mertonidazole indeed although erythro has it too but as a dentist how many times you need to prescribe erythro! its is most of the times an alternative for penicillin's sensitive patient while metro is a first line drug in many clinical cases precisely perio.hope that helps From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 13:33 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN QUESTION 2 AS BOTH METRONIDAZOLE AND ERYTHROMYCIN CAUSE INCREASED PT THANK YOU From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:27 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> > dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)

> >

> > 2.

> > (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > 1.The obturation technique which gives the best hermetic seal for gutta-percha in endodontics

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > 2.Which antibiotic interferes in the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time?

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > 3,Which is the most suitable examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > 4.According to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every?

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > 5.Fire certificates are only required for buildings with 20 people working in them or if more than ten people

> > work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental practices). Fire risk assessment

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> > a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of an apical barrier formation

> > b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of the radiographic apex

> > c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the root canal completely to the apex

> > d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s repair mechanism

> >

> > 7. false, true

> > a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could indicate apical periodontits

> > b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while positive responses

> > are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal necrosis has therefore occurred

> > c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic treatment is therefore indicated

> > d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed since the initial examination

> > and that external root resorption has begun. Endodontic treatment should therefore be undertaken.

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1. skeletal class II, skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open bite,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Does anyone know where to read electric pulp tester resultsSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:01, Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> wrote:

thank you From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re:

dear Chloe it is mertonidazole indeed although erythro has it too but as a dentist how many times you need to prescribe erythro! its is most of the times an alternative for penicillin's sensitive patient while metro is a first line drug in many clinical cases precisely perio.hope that helps From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 13:33 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN QUESTION 2 AS BOTH METRONIDAZOLE AND ERYTHROMYCIN CAUSE INCREASED PT THANK YOU From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:27 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

Guest guest

Sorry it is electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:46, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

Does anyone know where to read electric pulp tester resultsSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:01, Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

=

Guest guest

Does anyone know where to read electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:47, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

Sorry it is electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:46, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

=

=

Guest guest

HI RAHUL 0-40 NORMAL PULP, 40 - 80 PULPITIS, 80 + DEAD PULP From: Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> " " < > Cc: " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 9:36 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Does anyone know where to read electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:47, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

=

=

Guest guest

Thank youSent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: ARTHUR TADEVOSYAN <arthur_tadevosyan@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 22:15:18 +0100 (BST) < >Reply Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1 HI RAHUL 0-40 NORMAL PULP, 40 - 80 PULPITIS, 80 + DEAD PULP From: Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> " " < > Cc: " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 9:36 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1 Does anyone know where to read electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:47, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote: Sorry it is electronic pulpometer readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:46, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote: Does anyone know where to read electric pulp tester resultsSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:01, Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> wrote: thank you From: Areej Abbas <areej.aldura@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1 dear Chloe it is mertonidazole indeed although erythro has it too but as a dentist how many times you need to prescribe erythro! its is most of the times an alternative for penicillin's sensitive patient while metro is a first line drug in many clinical cases precisely perio.hope that helps From: Chloe Berg <chloe.berg86@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 13:33 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1 CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN QUESTION 2 AS BOTH METRONIDAZOLE AND ERYTHROMYCIN CAUSE INCREASED PT THANK YOU From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:27 PM Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1 2 i thnk the answer is b metronidazole increased PT time http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v194/n8/full/4810049a.html--- In , Miral <miral_hasan@...> wrote:>> Hi Ebtessam> I think for question 1 it is B> Thermoplastised GP techniques only fills coronal part but apical part is always by lateral or vertical technique .So for the best hermetic seal We do lateral condensation in apical portion for best apical then use thermoplastic GP for best coronal seal> Pls read the followingMD2 and correct me if wrong.Thanks:)> > The downpack procedure results in apical corkage, filling of lateral and accessory canals and an empty canal space coronally. Backfilling of the canal is achieved by using thermoplasticised gutta-percha delivered in increments and condensed (see below). Vertical condensation produces excellent results in experienced hands but has the problem of being time consuming.> Miral> Sent from my iPad> > On 30 Mar 2012, at 18:33, ebtessam elhamalawy <ebtessamhamalawy@...> wrote:> > > > > > > HI ENAS> > > > 1. C> > 2. A> > 3. B> > 4.A> > 5. D> > 6. A. TRUE> > B. TRUE> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)> > D.TRUE> > > > 7.> > A. FALSE ( COULD BE A RESULT OF AN OCCLUSAL TRAUMA AND PULP IS STILL VITAL)> > B. TRUE> > C. TRUE INTERNAL RESORPTION> > D. TRUE> > > > EMQ> > 1.> > anterior open bite- d. bird facies > > posterior cross bite -reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla> > skeletal class II reduced mandibular body length> > dentoskeletal compensation commonly seen in class III malocclusion (NOT SURE)> > > > 2.> > calcium hydroxidE -used for apexification in permanent teeth> > pulpectomy removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,> > (((((( SHOULD BE FERRIC SULPHATE 15% ))))))) used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth > > I BELIEVE THE QUES IS OLD> > beechwood creosote used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth> > > > CALL ME ANY TIME > > I AM AVAILABLE ON SKYPE TILL 2 AM TODAY :)> > BEST REGARDS> > EBTISAM> > > > From: Enas Elsharawi <enaselsharawi@...>> > " " < > > > Sent: Friday, 30 March 2012, 16:18> > Subject: Clinical science questions for ore1> > > > > > please need help in these questions> > 1.The obturation technique which gives the best hermetic seal for gutta-percha in endodontics> > a. warm lateral compaction> > b. warm vertical compaction> > c. thermoplasticised gutta-percha techniques> > d. cold lateral compaction> > e. chlorpercha> > > > 2.Which antibiotic interferes in the action of warfarin resulting in an increased prothrombine time?> > a. Erythromycin> > b. Metronidazole> > c. Penicillin> > d. tetracycline > > > > 3,Which is the most suitable examination for the diagnosis of caries in a stained fissure> > a. transillumination> > b. bitewing> > c. probing> > d. DPT> > > > 4.According to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 electrical equipment must be tested every?> > a. three years> > b. one year> > c. two years> > d. 6 months> > > > 5.Fire certificates are only required for buildings with 20 people working in them or if more than ten people> > work on floors other than ground floors (same applies to dental practices). Fire risk assessment > > should be carried every> > a. 3 months> > b. 6 months> > c. 9 months> > d. one year> > > > 6. false, true> > a. calcium hydroxide is the material most commonly used for induction of an apical barrier formation> > in non-vital immature permanent teeth> > b. full working length for filling the root canal should be within 1mm of the radiographic apex> > c. it does not matter if the calcium hydroxide paste does not fill the root canal completely to the apex> > d. calcium hydroxide may act as an irritant and hence stimulate the body’s repair mechanism > > to produce the hard tissue barrier> > > > 7. false, true> > a. tooth is tender to pressure and slightly mobile. This could indicate apical periodontits > > and the need to commence endo treatment> > b. tooth does not respond to thermal and electrical vitality testing while positive responses > > are obtained from adjacent non-traumatised teeth. Pulpal necrosis has therefore occurred> > c. on transillumination the tooth has a slight pink colour. Endodontic treatment is therefore indicated> > d. a radiograph indicates that a periapical radiolucency has developed since the initial examination > > and that external root resorption has begun. Endodontic treatment should therefore be undertaken.> > > > EMQ> > 1. skeletal class II, skeletal class I, posterior cross bite, anterior open bite,> > reduced length of body of mandible, dentoskeletal compensation> > > > a. commonly seen in class III malocclusion> > b. reduced transverse dimensions of maxilla> > c. reduced mandibular body length> > d. bird facies technology> > > > > > 2.ecalcium hydroxid, formocresol, beechwood creosote, EDTA,> > pulpotomy, pulpectomy, MTA, ledermix> > > > a. removal of entire coronal and radicular pulp,> > b. used for devitalising pulpotomies in primary teeth> > c. used for vital pulpotomies in primary teeth> > d. used for apexification in permanent teeth> > > > > > > >> ===

Guest guest

Thank youSent from my iPadOn 4 Apr 2012, at 22:15, ARTHUR TADEVOSYAN <arthur_tadevosyan@...> wrote:

HI RAHUL 0-40 NORMAL PULP, 40 - 80 PULPITIS, 80 + DEAD PULP From: Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> " " < > Cc: " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 9:36 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

=

=

Guest guest

hey..can u plz tell me pulp tester readings fora) Apical abcessB)dentine sensitivityc)periodontitisi cudnt find answer to these anywhere.thanksAnu

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

Thank youSent from my iPadOn 4 Apr 2012, at 22:15, ARTHUR TADEVOSYAN <arthur_tadevosyan@...> wrote:

HI RAHUL  0-40 NORMAL PULP, 40 - 80 PULPITIS, 80 + DEAD PULP

Cc: " " < >

Sent: Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 9:36 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

Does anyone know where to read electronic pulpometer  readingSent from my iPadOn 3 Apr 2012, at 18:47, Rahul <rahulsushilgandhi@...> wrote:

thank you

" " < >

Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 10:07 PM Subject: Re:

dear Chloe  it is mertonidazole indeed although erythro has it too but as a dentist how many times  you need to prescribe erythro! its is most of the times an alternative for penicillin's sensitive patient while metro is a first line drug in many clinical cases precisely perio.

hope that helps

Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 13:33 Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

CAN ANYBODY  EXPLAIN QUESTION 2  AS  BOTH METRONIDAZOLE AND  ERYTHROMYCIN CAUSE  INCREASED PT

THANK YOU From: Mannar G <garadahm@...>

Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:27 PM

Subject: Re: Clinical science questions for ore1

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

=

=

=

Guest guest

Thanks Arthur,Do you know where can I read more about this?Thanks On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:15, ARTHUR TADEVOSYAN <arthur_tadevosyan@...> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > HI ENAS

> >

> > 1. C

> > 2. A

> > 3. B

> > 4.A

> > 5. D

> > 6. A. TRUE

> > B. TRUE

> > C. TRUE ( NOT SURE)

> > D.TRUE

> >

> > 7.

> > B. TRUE

> > D. TRUE

> >

> > EMQ

> > 1.

> >

> > 2.

> >

> > CALL ME ANY TIME

> > BEST REGARDS

> > EBTISAM

> >

> > " " < >

> >

> >

> > e. chlorpercha

> >

> > a. Erythromycin

> > b. Metronidazole

> > c. Penicillin

> > d. tetracycline

> >

> > a. transillumination

> > b. bitewing

> > c. probing

> > d. DPT

> >

> > a. three years

> > b. one year

> > c. two years

> > d. 6 months

> >

> > a. 3 months

> > b. 6 months

> > c. 9 months

> > d. one year

> >

> > 6. false, true

> >

> > 7. false, true

> >

> > EMQ

> >

> >

> >

> >