RemedySpot.com

alcohol units

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For women-14 Unit and For men- 21 Unit per week

correct me if im wrong,

harpreet.

From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Wednesday, 28 March 2012, 15:48Subject: alcohol units

what is the maxmimun unite of alcohol for woman per week?what is the maxmimum unit of alcohol for men per week?

Guest guest

Yes,that's because there should be two days of abstinence in the week factored in.

Regards,

Fadeke

Mannar G <garadahm@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: Fwd: alcohol units

Sent:

Wed, Mar 28, 2012 3:18:30 PM

yea but 3 x 7=21 units for females

and 4 x 7=28 unit for males

not 14 and 21 tats y im confused

> >

> >> what is the maxmimun unite of alcohol for woman per week?

> >> what is the maxmimum unit of alcohol for men per week?

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by

> >> 'Mad Men' star's surprising interview

> >> If you think Jon Hamm is like his iconic TV character, you won't soon.

> >> Privacy Policy

>

Guest guest

ok so if 2 days of abstinence and 5 times a week so max in females is 3units x 5

days =15 and male 4x5=20

still dunt get y 14 and 21????????

>

> Yes,that's because there should be two days of abstinence in the week factored

in.

>

> Regards,

> Fadeke

>

Guest guest

I think it is in this way that if a person take alcohol then it must not more than 4 unit in a day,but also keep in mind that it should not be more than 21 unit in a week,so have to adjust the units accordingly.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Alcohol-and-Sensible-Drinking.htm

according to this link

From: Mannar G <garadahm@...> Sent: Wednesday, 28 March 2012, 16:24Subject: Re: Fwd: alcohol units

ok so if 2 days of abstinence and 5 times a week so max in females is 3units x 5 days =15 and male 4x5=20still dunt get y 14 and 21????????>> Yes,that's because there should be two days of abstinence in the week factored in.> > Regards,> Fadeke>

Guest guest

Hi i have something intresting to say , i watched a health show. When this alcohol unit system was first introduced, people thought ok if 21 unit is allowed, we can have it on saturday night bcoz we dont drink on weekdays anyway. So the nhs aim failed to fulfill the aim. So they revised it and the new advise is 21 units, yes but no more then 4 unit even on saturday night:) i hope ur doubts will b gone now. Bcoz i think more then 4 units put men at risk of liver ds. And it also recommends 2 days abstinance. Remember this 21 is the maximum unit, it doesnt mean u must hav 4*5 = 20 units a week, less the better for the liver of course:))Sent from my iPhoneOn 28 Mar 2012, at 16:44, "Mannar G" <garadahm@...> wrote:

ok got it thanks :)

> >

> > Yes,that's because there should be two days of abstinence in the week factored in.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Fadeke

> >

>

Guest guest

Weekly: Its 10 - 15 Units for Women and 15- 20 units for MenDaily: 2-3 units for Women and 3-4 units for Men but 2 days alcohol free in a week.Hope thats clear. 

Sualeh On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Mannar G <garadahm@...> wrote:

what is the maxmimun unite of alcohol for woman per week?

what is the maxmimum unit of alcohol for men per week?

-- Dr Sualeh Khan