RemedySpot.com

OSCE lip burn advice to colleague

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,Regarding the OSCE when a colleague asks for your advice about a lip burn (no bleeding) that he caused to the patient whilst doing routine restorative work.I haven't found an ideal answer so I would appreciate anybody directing me to where I could find it.The answer that I thought of is:1-Advise him to inform the patient what happened and why it happened politely and appologise for it.2-Write down what happened in the patient's records, detailing the patients' response as well.3-Inform the principle dentist and the practice manager4-Tell him to contact his defense organisation for additional advice or counselling5-If the patient did not accept the apology and explanation

for what have caused this iatrogenic accident, he can tell the patient about the complaint service at his practice, whether it is NHS or private, and that he would receive an acknowledgement within 48 hours and response to his complain within 10 days (in private) and upto 28 days in PCT.What would you add/deleteThanks

Guest guest

Hi Khalidi would add to write it down in the accident book of the practice.Correct me if i am wrongAyham Sbahi From: Khalid Sindi <khalid.sindi@...> " "

< > Sent: Sunday, 29 April 2012, 21:28 Subject: OSCE lip burn advice to colleague

Hi all,Regarding the OSCE when a colleague asks for your advice about a lip burn (no bleeding) that he caused to the patient whilst doing routine restorative work.I haven't found an ideal answer so I would appreciate anybody directing me to where I could find it.The answer that I thought of is:1-Advise him to inform the patient what happened and why it happened politely and appologise for it.2-Write down what happened in the patient's records, detailing the patients' response as well.3-Inform the principle dentist and the practice manager4-Tell him to contact his defense organisation for additional advice or counselling5-If the patient did not accept the

apology and explanation

for what have caused this iatrogenic accident, he can tell the patient about the complaint service at his practice, whether it is NHS or private, and that he would receive an acknowledgement within 48 hours and response to his complain within 10 days (in private) and upto 28 days in PCT.What would you add/deleteThanks