RemedySpot.com

Re: doubt about bells palsy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi, i think there is deviation of tongue to the unaffected side as the muscles of face on the affected side become weak,the tongue i think appears to be deviated to the other side.as the anterior tongue is supplied by chorda tympani for taste ,hence loss of taste sensation.ref:scullypg 323. From: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 12:01 Subject: doubt about bells palsy

hi every one,In bells palsy, which is LMN lesion there is deviation of tongue towards the affected side. its relationship to the tongue only the cauda tympani(carried by the lingual nerve)and all muscles all supplied by 12 th nerve.what is the reason for the deviation? pls help me..............bit confusedThanks & Regards,Padma

Guest guest

THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma

<mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 14:42 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

hi, i think there is deviation of tongue to the unaffected side as the muscles of face on the affected side become weak,the tongue i think appears to be deviated to the other side.as the anterior tongue is supplied by chorda tympani for taste ,hence loss of taste sensation.ref:scullypg 323. From: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>

hi every one,In bells palsy, which is LMN lesion there is deviation of tongue towards the affected side. its relationship to the tongue only the cauda tympani(carried by the lingual nerve)and all muscles all supplied by 12 th nerve.what is the reason for the deviation? pls help me..............bit confusedThanks & Regards,Padma

Guest guest

HI CHETHAN,THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012,

14:42 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

Guest guest

Tongue doesn't deviate with bells palsy.Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:02:12 -0700 (PDT) < >Reply Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy HI CHETHAN,THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012,14:42 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy hi, i think there is deviation of tongue to the unaffected side as the muscles of face on the affected side become weak,the tongue i think appears to be deviated to the other side.as the anterior tongue is supplied by chorda tympani for taste ,hence loss of taste sensation.ref:scullypg 323. From: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 12:01 Subject: doubt about bells palsy hi every one,In bells palsy, which is LMN lesion there is deviation of tongue towards the affected side. its relationship to the tongue only the cauda tympani(carried by the lingual nerve)and all muscles all supplied by 12 th nerve.what is the reason for the deviation? pls help me..............bit confusedThanks & Regards,Padma

Guest guest

hi,i too think there is no deviation of tongue in bells palsy.but there is a table in scully on pg 324 table13.15 which says tongues deviated to anaffected sise.so i presumes it could be appearing as deviated as there is weakness of facial muscles on affected side.but prcatically speaking no deviation. From: "jothidentist07@..."

<jothidentist07@...> Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 15:06 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

Tongue doesn't deviate with bells palsy.Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>

Sender:

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:02:12 -0700 (PDT) < >Reply

Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

HI CHETHAN,THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012,

Guest guest

THANK YOU Thanks & Regards,Padma From: "jothidentist07@..." <jothidentist07@...> Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 15:06 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

Tongue doesn't deviate with bells palsy.Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Padma Priya <padmaraj_78@...>

Sender:

HI CHETHAN,THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012,

Guest guest

THANK YOU. I GOT CONFUSED WITH THE TABLE IN SCULLY, WHICH SAYS THAT IN LMN THERE MAY BE DEVIATION OF TONGUE.AS YOU SAID IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF WEAKNESS OF FACIAL MUSCLES.THANKS FOR CLARIFYING THINGS TO ME Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 15:13 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

hi,i too think there is no deviation of tongue in bells palsy.but there is a table in scully on pg 324 table13.15 which says tongues deviated to anaffected sise.so i presumes it could be appearing as deviated as there is weakness of facial muscles on affected side.but prcatically speaking no deviation. From: "jothidentist07@..."

<jothidentist07@...> Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 15:06 Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

Sender:

HI CHETHAN,THANKS for your explanation. yes it is deviated to the unaffected side.you r right.but how? it is not supplying the tongue muscles..... we can have the explanation for the loss of taste. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> To:

" " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012,

Guest guest

hi, what i feel is there wont be facial symmetry since there is facial paralysis and The tongue appears to be deviated from midline because of asymmetry. From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012 2:42 PM Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy

Guest guest

Hi, just to say I had forgotten about the RCT notes ( crown down x step-back ) but will do it before Saturday, I promise! I have been poorly all week...sorry about that.

VIJAITHA DAS <vijaitha_das@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: doubt about bells palsy

Sent:

Thu, May 10, 2012 7:51:32 AM

hi, what i feel is there wont be facial symmetry since there is facial paralysis and The tongue appears to be deviated from midline because of asymmetry. From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012 2:42 PM Subject: Re: doubt about bells palsy