RemedySpot.com

Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you so much KhalilI agree for Q1,2 at least that is what I think too:) For third Question Found this in April 2012 feedback found out that the following is the PROPER QUESTION1.caries half away through enamel on proximal surface - bitewing2) caries halfway through enamel on occlusal surface - the feedback answer was straight probe but I think DRY TOOTH REF :Pickards The active, uncavitated lesion is white, often with a matt surface (Fig. 1.13). The corresponding inactive lesion may be brown. These enamel lesions are not visible on a bitewing radiograph. The enamel lesion that is only visible on a dry tooth surface is in the outer enamel. The lesion visible on a wet surface is all the way through the enamel and may be into dentine)3) caries half way through dentin not cavitated – feedback answer was bitewing ....but I think wet tooth.acc to the same prev ref4) stained fissure – straight probe (not sure)if there is enamel biopsy I would go for it.PIckards:The straight probe (actually bent, but called straight in contrast to the many curved varieties) is used for a number of purposes including checking the margins of restorations and examining caries in dentine during cavity preparation; for most of these pur-poses it is helpful if it is sharp5) hidden occlusal caries – wet tooth??I think it should be BITEWING Pickards :A lesion that has been missed on visual examina-tion but found on radiograph is called hidden cariesPlease give me your opinion and all opinions are welcome :)Best regardsMokaOn 13 May 2012, at 22:08, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

hello moka:okay lets see: FIRST QUESTION:pupal response to caries at DEJ is pertubular dentin reference : essentials of dental caries the disease and its managment THird edition by .A.M.Kidd (beautiful book)second question:superficial pulptomy (according to cveck findings) you have upt to 90 days!!Refrence:lecture notesThird question:1.approximal caries in post teeth : BITWING2. approximal caries in anterior teeth : transilliumination3.occlusal enamel caries: direct vision4.occlusal caries in dentin:not sure!5. occlusal caries at DEJ :not sure!(i dont know how they come up with these questions lool)Refrence: same as the first questionhope it helps , show me what you think please :) From: mokaamr@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:54:07 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Would love to hear your opinion :)From April 2012 feedback,Pulpal response to caries at DEJ? normal, dentine involved, peritubular dentin. traumatic pulp exposure of a child, comes for treatment 5 days later? superficial pulpotomy, pulpectomy, coronal pulpotomy.Caries diagnosis :Approximal caries in postApprox caries antOcclusal caries in EnamelOcclusal caries at DEJOcclusal caries in dentin Options,TRANSILLUMINATION ,direct vision,wet tooth ,dry tooth ,BITEWING thanks MokaOn 13 May 2012, at 13:41, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

my pleasure ayaham :) From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:35:00 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Nice one ;))) thank you so much Khalid for your help Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> Sent:

Sunday, 13 May 2012, 13:07 Subject: RE: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

ummm ur right thats became quiet complicating lool, okay iwould go for when bleeding stops because bleeding is the factor which determines the extent of the inflammation ,, so if i had acase like that i would remove 2mm and then gently rinse the chamber with isotonic saline until bleeding stops , and i will not proceed untill the bleeding is completely stopped (so i think its the most reliable diagnostic aid in this case ) but then its hard to talk logic with these people lool From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:57:10 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Thank you so much Khalil know there is no doubt about it,but if they will ask regarding the partial Cvek pulpotomy how many mm to remove from the pulpal tissue and there an options 2 mm or 4 mm or till bleeding seen? Sorry i don't want make it complicated,but i can expect from them anything.so should we go for till bleeding seen or 2 mm? Regard's Ayham Sbahi From: k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> Sent: Sunday, 13 May 2012, 12:42 Subject: RE: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

okay ayham i brought this info from my old lecture notes:regarding cvek pulptomy (partial pulptomy) in 1978 cveck showed that in exposed pulp ( from 1hr to 90 days!!!) inflammation dose not extend beyond 2mm removal of 2mm of pulpal tissue +dressing with ca(OH) = success rate of 96 % .... hope it helps :) From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:25:08 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Thank you Khalil for your point,clinically there is noproblem everything depends on the pulp state and on the syptoms(pain on hot,TTP,X-ray)etc... but the prblem was if this question will appear on the exam with always insufficient information of the question as you know ( just to give you less clues to answer the question), anyway the only clue i found is from the success rate 72% for the full pulpotomy and 96% for the partial pulpotomy, so i will choose the partial one. More opinions on this are welcome Ayham Sbahi From: k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> Sent: Sunday, 13 May 2012, 11:59 Subject: RE: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

hi ayhamclinically speaking if it was contaminated 5adays i will do partial pulptomy if the bleeding stops then i just restore the tooth if the bleeding still proceeds then iwill go for full pulptomy . thats just what i think , i thought it might help if share it :)kind regards Khalil Raziq From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:27:53 +0100Subject: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Hi Guys Is there anymore exact indication regarding the exposure time of the pulp to chose between the 2 techniques for the treatment?in pink book is written (more than 24 hours it can be 1 week as an indication to partial pulpotomy) i mean if the patient had complicated tooth fracture on a tooth with open apex and the esposure was for 5 days (contaminated pulp) would you go for partial pulpotomy or full pulpotomy? which one is the treatment of choice? I guess it was a question in the last April exam Your help will be appreciated Ayham Sbahi

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(10)

Guest guest

i think the wedge is more probable .. what do you think miral ?khalil Raziq From: miral_hasan@...Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:04:29 +0100Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thanks a lot K lilraziq ,I think it all goes for better esthetics.For number 7 Do you think matrix or should it be Wedge issue?Best regardsMiralSent from my iPadOn 14 May 2012, at 23:17, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

6. small carious lesions should be approached lingually in case of class3 unless the carious lesion extends faciallyAdvantages:1.the facial enamel is conserved for enhanced esthetics2.some unsupported but un fraible enamel maybe left on facial wall of clas33.color matching of composite is not critical4.discoloration or deterioration of restoration is less visiableRefrence: art and science of operative dentistry From: madihaaleem01@...Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:55:48 -0700Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

6.7.Wrong Matrix band placement may be From: "Mokaamr@..." <mokaamr@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 10:49 PM Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

1.root fracture2.thermomech compaction 3Niti4.stepdown ,crown down is the same isn't?OperativeCSA 70-90Root canal treated ErosionCarbonated drinks Stepwise tech6.?7.?Pls correct me if wrong ThanksOn 14 May 2012, at 22:13, Miral <miral_hasan@...> wrote:

Could we give this a try RESTORATIVE guys:)April feedback 2012ENDODONTICS1.Technically good RCT, reason for pain after 2 years....2.which technique uses handpiece(thermafil,thermomechanical compaction etc)read the difft techniques well3.greater taper files are made of4.description of technique given to identify (stepback,stepdown,crowndown...)OPERATIVE1.cavosurface angle and amalgam marginal angle 3or 4 ques2.nayyar core is done in (completely decoroned tooth,root canal treated tooth,.....)3.cupped out lesions seen in(abrasion,erosion..etc)4.erosion(sweets,carbonated drinks,...)5.deep caries treatment in a molar in a child(stepwise excavation was an option-read

abt it)6.approach for class 3 through lingual surface-reason7.composite restoration-overhang reasonOn 14 May 2012, at 21:33, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

well mocka i agree with your answers , i think u did a good job in solving them :) :) From: mokaamr@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:00:20 +0100Subject: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thank you so much KhalilI agree for Q1,2 at least that is what I think too:) For third Question Found this in April 2012 feedback found out that the following is the PROPER QUESTION1.caries half away through enamel on proximal surface - bitewing2) caries halfway through enamel on occlusal surface - the feedback answer was straight probe but I think DRY TOOTH REF :Pickards The active, uncavitated lesion is white, often with a matt surface (Fig. 1.13). The corresponding inactive lesion may be brown. These enamel lesions are not visible on a bitewing radiograph. The enamel lesion that is only visible on a dry tooth surface is in the outer enamel. The lesion visible on a wet surface is all the way through the enamel and may be into

dentine)3) caries half way through dentin not cavitated – feedback answer was bitewing ....but I think wet tooth.acc to the same prev ref4) stained fissure – straight probe (not sure)if there is enamel biopsy I would go for it.PIckards:The straight probe (actually bent, but called straight in contrast to the many curved varieties) is used for a number of purposes including checking the margins of restorations and examining caries in dentine during cavity preparation; for most of these pur-poses it is helpful if it is sharp5) hidden occlusal caries – wet tooth??I think it should be BITEWING Pickards :A lesion that has been missed on visual examina-tion but found on radiograph is called hidden cariesPlease give me your opinion and all opinions are welcome :)Best

regardsMokaOn 13 May 2012, at 22:08, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

hello moka:okay lets see: FIRST QUESTION:pupal response to caries at DEJ is pertubular dentin reference : essentials of dental caries the disease and its managment THird edition by .A.M.Kidd (beautiful book)second question:superficial pulptomy (according to cveck findings) you have upt to 90 days!!Refrence:lecture notesThird question:1.approximal caries in post teeth : BITWING2. approximal caries in anterior teeth : transilliumination3.occlusal enamel caries: direct vision4.occlusal caries in dentin:not sure!5. occlusal caries at DEJ :not sure!(i dont know how they come up with these questions lool)Refrence: same as the first questionhope it helps , show me what you think please :) From: mokaamr@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:54:07 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Would love to hear your opinion :)From April 2012 feedback,Pulpal response to caries at DEJ? normal, dentine involved, peritubular dentin. traumatic pulp exposure of a child, comes for treatment 5 days later? superficial pulpotomy, pulpectomy, coronal pulpotomy.Caries diagnosis :Approximal caries in postApprox caries antOcclusal caries in EnamelOcclusal caries at DEJOcclusal caries in dentin Options,TRANSILLUMINATION ,direct vision,wet tooth ,dry tooth ,BITEWING thanks MokaOn 13 May 2012, at 13:41, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

my pleasure ayaham :) From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:35:00 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Nice one ;))) thank you so much Khalid for your help Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> Sent:

ummm ur right thats became quiet complicating lool, okay iwould go for when bleeding stops because bleeding is the factor which determines the extent of the inflammation ,, so if i had acase like that i would remove 2mm and then gently rinse the chamber with isotonic saline until bleeding stops , and i will not proceed untill the bleeding is completely stopped (so i think its the most reliable diagnostic aid in this case ) but then its hard to talk logic with these people lool From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13

May 2012 12:57:10 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Thank you so much Khalil know there is no doubt about it,but if they will ask regarding the partial Cvek pulpotomy how many mm to remove from the pulpal tissue and there an options 2 mm or 4 mm or till bleeding seen? Sorry i don't want make it complicated,but i can expect from them anything.so should we go for till bleeding seen or 2 mm? Regard's Ayham Sbahi From: k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> Sent: Sunday, 13 May 2012, 12:42

Guest guest

Yeh Miral definitely,by the way thank you for rising these questions. Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < >

Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 10:57 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

thanks miral for pointing out.i guess we should do like these in a day say around 10 feed back questions.so atleast we are corrected and updated. From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 9:59 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thank you all so much,I heard that for number 1 they had a choice of root fracture Chethan also all the reasons you mentioned are completely rt but the question says TECNICALLY GOOD so it has to be something related to consequence of a properly tt rt canal??Thanks a lot Ayham ....I think that the most relevant answer for number 6 would be Esthetics...isn't.?WHAT IS THE DIFF BET STEP DOWN N CROWN DOWN?Best regardsMiralSent from my iPadOn 14 May 2012, at 23:20, Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> wrote:

Hi 6.

It can be for several reasons : •

Facial enamel is conserved for enhanced

esthetics

•

Some unsupported enamel may be left on the

facial wall

•

Color matching of the composite is not as

critical

•

Lingual area is less subject to thermal

changes

Discoloration/deterioration

is less visibleHope it helps Ayham Sbahi From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 23:12 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

hi miral, could the answers be----1:untreated canals/missed canals,loss of coronal seal,incomplete cleaning of canals. refpink book pg 288 ,th ed.2:thermomechanical compaction.master dentistry vol 2.3:niti,pink bookpg 2784:step back:apical region first enlareged using file 25/30 and then successively largerfile instrumented i mm less. step down:coronal part cleaned and intrumented,radicular access,apical instumentaion crown down:cormal portion instrumented first then continue down the canal reducing the file size as u get closer to apex.aim to achieve funnel shape operative:2root canal treated

tooth,3:erosion,4:carbonated

drinks.5:stepwise excatvation is partiol remaval of caries as it reduces risk of pulp exposure.pink book pg 234.6:to maintain aesthetics?,7:improper application of mylar band? From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 22:13 Subject: Re: Caries

Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Could we give this a try RESTORATIVE guys:)April feedback 2012ENDODONTICS1.Technically good RCT, reason for pain after 2 years....2.which technique uses handpiece(thermafil,thermomechanical compaction etc)read the difft techniques well3.greater taper files are made of4.description of technique given to identify (stepback,stepdown,crowndown...)OPERATIVE1.cavosurface angle and amalgam marginal angle 3or 4 ques2.nayyar core is done in (completely decoroned tooth,root canal treated tooth,.....)3.cupped out lesions seen in(abrasion,erosion..etc)4.erosion(sweets,carbonated drinks,...)5.deep caries treatment in a molar in a child(stepwise excavation was an option-read

abt it)6.approach for class 3 through lingual surface-reason7.composite restoration-overhang reasonOn 14 May 2012, at 21:33, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

well mocka i agree with your answers , i think u did a good job in solving them :) :) From: mokaamr@...Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:00:20 +0100Subject: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thank you so much KhalilI agree for Q1,2 at least that is what I think too:) For third Question Found this in April 2012 feedback found out that the following is the PROPER QUESTION1.caries half away through enamel on proximal surface - bitewing2) caries halfway through enamel on occlusal surface - the feedback answer was straight probe but I think DRY TOOTH REF :Pickards The active, uncavitated lesion is white, often with a matt surface (Fig. 1.13). The corresponding inactive lesion may be brown. These enamel lesions are not visible on a bitewing radiograph. The enamel lesion that is only visible on a dry tooth surface is in the outer enamel. The lesion visible on a wet surface is all the way through the enamel and may be into

dentine)3) caries half way through dentin not cavitated – feedback answer was bitewing ....but I think wet tooth.acc to the same prev ref4) stained fissure – straight probe (not sure)if there is enamel biopsy I would go for it.PIckards:The straight probe (actually bent, but called straight in contrast to the many curved varieties) is used for a number of purposes including checking the margins of restorations and examining caries in dentine during cavity preparation; for most of these pur-poses it is helpful if it is sharp5) hidden occlusal caries – wet tooth??I think it should be BITEWING Pickards :A lesion that has been missed on visual examina-tion but found on radiograph is called hidden cariesPlease give me your opinion and all opinions are welcome :)Best

Guest guest

Brilliant idea I totally agree:)Sent from my iPadOn 15 May 2012, at 10:57, Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> wrote:

thanks miral for pointing out.i guess we should do like these in a day say around 10 feed back questions.so atleast we are corrected and updated. From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 9:59 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thank you all so much,I heard that for number 1 they had a choice of root fracture Chethan also all the reasons you mentioned are completely rt but the question says TECNICALLY GOOD so it has to be something related to consequence of a properly tt rt canal??Thanks a lot Ayham ....I think that the most relevant answer for number 6 would be Esthetics...isn't.?WHAT IS THE DIFF BET STEP DOWN N CROWN DOWN?Best regardsMiralSent from my iPadOn 14 May 2012, at 23:20, Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> wrote:

Hi 6.

esthetics

•

facial wall

•

critical

•

changes

is less visibleHope it helps Ayham Sbahi From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 23:12 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

hi miral, could the answers be----1:untreated canals/missed canals,loss of coronal seal,incomplete cleaning of canals. refpink book pg 288 ,th ed.2:thermomechanical compaction.master dentistry vol 2.3:niti,pink bookpg 2784:step back:apical region first enlareged using file 25/30 and then successively largerfile instrumented i mm less. step down:coronal part cleaned and intrumented,radicular access,apical instumentaion crown down:cormal portion instrumented first then continue down the canal reducing the file size as u get closer to apex.aim to achieve funnel shape operative:2root canal treated

drinks.5:stepwise excatvation is partiol remaval of caries as it reduces risk of pulp exposure.pink book pg 234.6:to maintain aesthetics?,7:improper application of mylar band? From: Miral <miral_hasan@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 22:13 Subject: Re: Caries

Would love to hear your opinion :)From April 2012 feedback,Pulpal response to caries at DEJ? normal, dentine involved, peritubular dentin. traumatic pulp exposure of a child, comes for treatment 5 days later? superficial pulpotomy, pulpectomy, coronal pulpotomy.<

Guest guest

Thanks Salina:)Sent from my iPadOn 15 May 2012, at 11:15, salina aktar <salina_cmc@...> wrote:

Passively insert a large instrument into canal,smaller instrument then is used to proggress depper into the canal is crown down

working length decressing in a stepwise manner with increasing instrument size is step down

------------------------------

On Tue, May 15, 2012 02:57 PDT Mausami Chethan wrote:

>thanks miral for pointing out.i guess we should do like these in a day say around 10 feed back questions.so atleast we are corrected and updated.

>

>

>

>________________________________

> From: Miral <miral_hasan@...>

>" " < >

>Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 9:59

>Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Thank you all so much,

>I heard that for number 1 they had a choice of root fracture Chethan also all the reasons you mentioned are completely rt but the question says TECNICALLY GOOD so it has to be something related to consequence of a properly tt rt canal??

>Thanks a lot Ayham ....I think that the most relevant answer for number 6 would be Esthetics...isn't.?

>WHAT IS THE DIFF BET STEP DOWN N CROWN DOWN?

>Best regards

>Miral

>

>Sent from my iPad

>

>On 14 May 2012, at 23:20, Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> wrote:

>

>

>

>>Hi

>>6. It can be for several reasons :

>>

>>• Facial enamel is conserved for enhanced

>esthetics

>>• Some unsupported enamel may be left on the

>facial wall

>>• Color matching of the composite is not as

>critical

>>• Lingual area is less subject to thermal

>changes

>>

>> Discoloration/deterioration

>is less visible

>>

>>Hope it helps

>>

>>Ayham Sbahi

>>

>>________________________________

>> From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...>

>>" " < >

>>Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 23:12

>>Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

>>

>>

>>

>>hi miral, could the answers be----1:untreated canals/missed canals,loss of coronal seal,incomplete cleaning of canals. refpink book pg 288 ,th ed.

>>2:thermomechanical compaction.master dentistry vol 2.

>>3:niti,pink bookpg 278

>>4:step back:apical region first enlareged using file 25/30 and then successively largerfile instrumented i mm less.

>> step down:coronal part cleaned and intrumented,radicular access,apical instumentaion

>> crown down:cormal portion instrumented first then continue down the canal reducing the file size as u get closer to apex.aim to achieve funnel shape

>>

>>

>>operative:2root canal treated tooth,3:erosion,4:carbonated drinks.5:stepwise excatvation is partiol remaval of caries as it reduces risk of pulp exposure.pink book pg 234.6:to maintain aesthetics?,7:improper application of mylar band?

>>

>> From: Miral <miral_hasan@...>

>>" " < >

>>Sent: Monday, 14 May 2012, 22:13

>>Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

>>

>>

>>

>>Could we give this a try RESTORATIVE guys:)

>>April feedback 2012

>>ENDODONTICS

>>1.Technically good RCT, reason for pain after 2 years....

>>2.which technique uses handpiece(thermafil,thermomechanical compaction etc)read the difft techniques well

>>3.greater taper files are made of

>>4.description of technique given to identify (stepback,stepdown,crowndown...)

>>OPERATIVE

>>1.cavosurface angle and amalgam marginal angle 3or 4 ques

>>2.nayyar core is done in (completely decoroned tooth,root canal treated tooth,.....)

>>3.cupped out lesions seen in(abrasion,erosion..etc)

>>4.erosion(sweets,carbonated drinks,...)

>>5.deep caries treatment in a molar in a child(stepwise excavation was an option-read abt it)

>>6.approach for class 3 through lingual surface-reason

>>7.composite restoration-overhang reason

>>

>>

>>On 14 May 2012, at 21:33, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>well mocka i agree with your answers , i think u did a good job in solving them :) :)

>>

>>

>>

>>From: mokaamr@...

>>Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:00:20 +0100

>>Subject: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>Thank you so much Khalil

>>I agree for Q1,2 at least that is what I think too:)

>>For third Question

>>Found this in April 2012 feedback found out that the following is the PROPER QUESTION

>>1.caries half away through enamel on proximal surface - bitewing

>>

>>

>>2) caries halfway through enamel on occlusal surface - the feedback answer was straight probe but I think DRY TOOTH

>>REF :Pickards The active, uncavitated lesion is white, often with a matt surface (Fig. 1.13). The corresponding inactive lesion may be brown. These enamel lesions are not visible on a bitewing radiograph. The enamel lesion that is only visible on a dry tooth surface is in the outer enamel. The lesion visible on a wet surface is all the way through the enamel and may be into dentine)

>>3) caries half way through dentin not cavitated – feedback answer was bitewing ....but I think wet tooth.acc to the same prev ref

>>

>>

>>4) stained fissure – straight probe (not sure)if there is enamel biopsy I would go for it.

>>PIckards:The straight probe (actually bent, but called straight in contrast to the many curved varieties) is used for a number of purposes including checking the margins of restorations and examining caries in dentine during cavity preparation; for most of these pur-poses it is helpful if it is sharp

>>5) hidden occlusal caries – wet tooth??I think it should be BITEWING

>>Pickards :

>>A lesion that has been missed on visual examina-tion but found on radiograph is called hidden cariesPlease give me your opinion and all opinions are welcome :)

>>

>>

>>Best regards

>>Moka

>>

>>On 13 May 2012, at 22:08, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>hello moka:

>>>

>>>okay lets see:

>>> FIRST QUESTION:

>>>pupal response to caries at DEJ is pertubular dentin

>>>

>>>reference : essentials of dental caries the disease and its managment THird edition by .A.M.Kidd (beautiful book)

>>>

>>>second question:

>>>superficial pulptomy (according to cveck findings) you have upt to 90 days!!

>>>Refrence:lecture notes

>>>Third question:

>>>1.approximal caries in post teeth : BITWING

>>>2. approximal caries in anterior teeth : transilliumination

>>>3.occlusal enamel caries: direct vision

>>>4.occlusal caries in dentin:not sure!

>>>5. occlusal caries at DEJ :not sure!(i dont know how they come up with these questions lool)

>>>

>>>Refrence: same as the first question

>>>

>>>hope it helps , show me what you think please :)

>>>

>>>

>>>________________________________

>>>

>>>From: mokaamr@...

>>>Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:54:07 +0100

>>>Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>Would love to hear your opinion :)

>>>From April 2012 feedback,

>>>Pulpal response to caries at DEJ? normal, dentine involved, peritubular dentin.

>>>

>>>

>>> traumatic pulp exposure of a child, comes for treatment 5 days later? superficial pulpotomy, pulpectomy, coronal pulpotomy.

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>Caries diagnosis :

>>>Approximal caries in post

>>>Approx caries ant

>>>Occlusal caries in Enamel

>>>Occlusal caries at DEJ

>>>Occlusal caries in dentin

>>>Options,TRANSILLUMINATION ,direct vision,wet tooth ,dry tooth ,BITEWING

>>>thanks

>>>Moka

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>On 13 May 2012, at 13:41, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>my pleasure ayaham :)

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>________________________________

>>>

>>>From: ayhamsbahi@...

>>>Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:35:00 +0100

>>>Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

>>>

>>>

>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(23)

Recent Activity:

New Members

New Files

Guest guest

Yes I think so too:)Sent from my iPadOn 15 May 2012, at 12:02, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

i think the wedge is more probable .. what do you think miral ?khalil Raziq From: miral_hasan@...Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:04:29 +0100Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Thanks a lot K lilraziq ,I think it all goes for better esthetics.For number 7 Do you think matrix or should it be Wedge issue?Best regardsMiralSent from my iPadOn 14 May 2012, at 23:17, k-lil raziq <k-lilraziq@...> wrote:

6. small carious lesions should be approached lingually in case of class3 unless the carious lesion extends faciallyAdvantages:1.the facial enamel is conserved for enhanced esthetics2.some unsupported but un fraible enamel maybe left on facial wall of clas33.color matching of composite is not critical4.discoloration or deterioration of restoration is less visiableRefrence: art and science of operative dentistry From: madihaaleem01@...Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:55:48 -0700Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

6.7.Wrong Matrix band placement may be From: "Mokaamr@..." <mokaamr@...> " " < > Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 10:49 PM Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

1.root fracture2.thermomech compaction 3Niti4.stepdown ,crown down is the same isn't?OperativeCSA 70-90Root canal treated ErosionCarbonated drinks Stepwise tech6.?7.?Pls correct me if wrong ThanksOn 14 May 2012, at 22:13, Miral <miral_hasan@...> wrote:

ummm ur right thats became quiet complicating lool, okay iwould go for when bleeding stops because bleeding is the factor which determines the extent of the inflammation ,, so if i had acase like that i would remove 2mm and then gently rinse the chamber with isotonic saline until bleeding stops , and i will not proceed untill the bleeding is completely stopped (so i think its the most reliable diagnostic aid in this case ) but then its hard to talk logic with these people lool From: ayhamsbahi@...Date: Sun, 13

May 2012 12:57:10 +0100Subject: Re: partial pulpotomy VS full pulpotomy

Guest guest

U r most welcome Ayham ,thx for participating 😄Sent from my iPadOn 15 May 2012, at 12:17, Ayham Sbahi <ayhamsbahi@...> wrote:

Yeh Miral definitely,by the way thank you for rising these questions. Regard'sAyham Sbahi From: Mausami Chethan <mausamichethan@...> " " < >

Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 10:57 Subject: Re: Caries Diagnosis feedback question April 2012

Hi 6.

esthetics

•

facial wall

•

critical

•

changes

hello moka:okay lets see: FIRST QUESTION:pupal response to caries at DEJ is pertubular dentin reference : essentials of dental caries the disease and its managment THird edition by .A.M.Kidd (beautiful book)second question:superficial pulptomy (according to cveck findings) you have upt to 90 days!!Refrence:lecture notesThird question:1.approximal caries in post teeth : BITWING2. approximal caries in anterior teeth : transilliumination3.occlusal enamel caries: direct vision4.occlusal caries in dentin:not sure!5. occlusal caries at DEJ :not sure!(i dont know how they come up with these questions lool)Refrence: same as the first questionhope it helps , show me what you think please :)To: