RemedySpot.com

new qs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ans.1) check for premature contacts Ans.2) help shaping and contouring the composite-ashishSent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>Sender: Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:59:27 -0700 (PDT) < >Reply Subject: New Qs Some days after preparation and filling of a shallow class I amalgam cavity the patientcomplains of pain on biting. You would:A. Perform vitality testB. Replace filling with liningC. Check for premature contactsD. Remove all occlusal contacts from this fillingE. Tell the patient to wait 2-4 weeks, the pain will go away3. In a composite filling, the matrix band is forA. Help shaping and contouring the fillingB. Prevent material to be pushed under the gingival margin

Guest guest

1.option C premature contacts2.option A help shaping and contouring the filling From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:59 PM Subject: New Qs

Some days after preparation and filling of a shallow class I amalgam cavity the patientcomplains of pain on biting. You would:A. Perform vitality testB. Replace filling with liningC. Check for premature contactsD. Remove all occlusal contacts from this fillingE. Tell the patient to wait 2-4 weeks, the pain will go away3. In a composite filling, the matrix band is forA. Help shaping and contouring the fillingB. Prevent material to be pushed under the gingival margin

Guest guest

Hi alena Thanx a lot for those questions . I was just wondering if the first answer is exposed bone that doesn't heal coz I know that extraction sockets do not heal? And was confused about the other question. I would be grateful for ur help Thanx alot Sent from my iPhone 4On 19 Jul 2012, at 09:34, Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> wrote:

Hi All

5. Which is NOT a possible sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw?

An area of numbness in the

mouth

Appearance of a sinus on

the skin of the face

Exposed bone that doesn't

heal

Generalised loosening of

the teeth

.. If a

patient is on long term oral bisphosphonates and requires an extraction:

Prophylactic antibiotics

should be given before an extraction

Medication should be

temporarily stopped in consultation with the patient's medical

practitioner.

Both of the

above

Neither of the

above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

Or actually is it appearance of sinus tract?Sent from my iPhone 4On 19 Jul 2012, at 10:11, Deepa Patel <dppatel1983@...> wrote:

Hi alena Thanx a lot for those questions . I was just wondering if the first answer is exposed bone that doesn't heal coz I know that extraction sockets do not heal? And was confused about the other question. I would be grateful for ur help Thanx alot Sent from my iPhone 4On 19 Jul 2012, at 09:34, Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> wrote:

Hi All

mouth

Appearance of a sinus on

the skin of the face

heal

Generalised loosening of

the teeth

.. If a

Prophylactic antibiotics

Medication should be

practitioner.

Both of the

above

Neither of the

above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

Hi the answer for question 2 is should give prophylactic cover of antibiotic.Ref pink book pg 352.plz correct me if im wrong.

--

Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> wrote:

Hi All

mouth

Appearance of a sinus on

the skin of the face

heal

Generalised loosening of

the teeth

.. If a

Prophylactic antibiotics

Medication should be

practitioner.

Both of the

above

Neither of the

above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

there is no evidence that AB should be given,option 4 Kind regardsNandile From: Ambreen Sameer <ambreen.sameer@...> Sent: Thursday, 19 July 2012, 11:06 Subject: Re: new qs

Hi the answer for question 2 is should give prophylactic cover of antibiotic.Ref pink book pg 352.plz correct me if im wrong.

--

Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> wrote:

Hi All

mouth

Appearance of a sinus on

the skin of the face

heal

Generalised loosening of

the teeth

.. If a

Prophylactic antibiotics

Medication should be

practitioner.

Both of the

above

Neither of the

above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

The answer to questions 1.Generalised loosening of

the teeth 2.Neither of the

above The answer to questions can be found on page 5 and 11 of the ish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme document attached

Hi All

mouth

Appearance of a sinus on

the skin of the face

heal

Generalised loosening of

the teeth

.. If a

Prophylactic antibiotics

Medication should be

practitioner.

Both of the

above

Neither of the

above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

Hi guys

The risk

of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw when receiving intravenous Bisphosphonates

is roughly

1:10

1:1000

1:10,000

1:1,000,000

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

C @ d. Both true. But if both of them there go to d

Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

new qs

Sent:

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 7:24:18 AM

Hi guys

The risk

of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw when receiving intravenous Bisphosphonates

is roughly

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

I disagree.For intravenous bisphosphonates,as the question states,the answer is A.ie.1:10;but if the question was for oral bisphosphonates,the risk is much lower.ie.1:1,000 or 1:10,000. Regards, Fadeke From: zhwan jambaz <dr_jambaz@...> Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>; " " < > Sent: Saturday, 21 July 2012, 13:59 Subject: Re: new qs

Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

new qs

Sent:

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 7:24:18 AM

Hi guys

The risk

is roughly

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

in intr

aven0us its 1:10 s0 A

From: zhwan jambaz <dr_jambaz@...>Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>; " " < > Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:59 PMSubject: Re: new qs

From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>; < >; Subject: new qs Sent: Sat, Jul 21, 2012 7:24:18 AM

Hi guys

The risk of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw when receiving intravenous Bisphosphonates is roughly

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

thanx hanoda From: hind sinan abugelal <hind_mohamad2007@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 1:32 Subject: Re: new qs

in intr

From: zhwan jambaz <dr_jambaz@...>Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>; " " < > Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:59 PMSubject: Re: new qs

From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>; < >; Subject: new qs Sent: Sat, Jul 21, 2012 7:24:18 AM

Hi guys

The risk of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw when receiving intravenous Bisphosphonates is roughly

Kind regards Alena Ozieva

Guest guest

Yes it's intravenous a. But IOral. C or d.

hind sinan abugelal <hind_mohamad2007@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: new qs

Sent:

Sun, Jul 22, 2012 12:32:03 AM

in intr

Hi guys

Guest guest

We can avoid future extractions.

So 'C'

From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...>Subject: NEW QS" " < >Date: Sunday, 22 July, 2012, 2:03 PM

Hi All

We keep going topic about bisphophonates

.. A patient about to start IV bisphosphonates should

Have any teeth with a dubious prognosis extracted

Have any teeth with a non-healing apical radiolucency extracted

Both the above

Neither of the above

Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

Are you sure IV risk is 1:10 ???

Could anyone suggest a reference for that subject, detailing patient managemnet on both oral and IV please..

Thank you..

From: zhwan jambaz <dr_jambaz@...> Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 10:05Subject: Re: new qs

Yes it's intravenous a. But IOral. C or d.

From: hind sinan abugelal <hind_mohamad2007@...>; < >; Subject: Re: new qs Sent: Sun, Jul 22, 2012 12:32:03 AM

in intr

Hi guys

Guest guest

Check this file. Fadeke From: Mr Happy Tooth <mr.happytooth@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 11:24 Subject: Re: new qs

Could anyone suggest a reference for that subject, detailing patient managemnet on both oral and IV please..

Thank you..

From: zhwan jambaz <dr_jambaz@...> Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 10:05Subject: Re: new qs

Yes it's intravenous a. But I Oral. C or d.

From: hind sinan abugelal <hind_mohamad2007@...>; < >; Subject: Re: new qs Sent: Sun, Jul 22, 2012 12:32:03 AM

in intr

Hi guys

1 of 1 File(s)

Bisphosphonate Protocol.pdf

Guest guest

I'm sorry,this was the file I intended to send initially but the first one is also informative. Fadeke From: Mr Happy Tooth <mr.happytooth@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 11:24 Subject: Re: new qs

Thank you..

in intr

Hi guys

1 of 1 File(s)

bisphosphonates_fact_file.pdf

Guest guest

TRY T0 G00GLE IT AND Y0U WILL GET A BDA SHEET F0R THE MANGEMENT 0F PATIENT 0N BISPH0SPH0NATES

From: Mr Happy Tooth <mr.happytooth@...>" " < > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:24 AMSubject: Re: new qs

Thank you..

in intr

Hi guys

Guest guest

Thank you. Could you please suggest a reference for management of patients on radiotherapy ...

From: hind sinan abugelal <hind_mohamad2007@...>" " < > Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012, 12:21Subject: Re: new qs

TRY T0 G00GLE IT AND Y0U WILL GET A BDA SHEET F0R THE MANGEMENT 0F PATIENT 0N BISPH0SPH0NATES

From: Mr Happy Tooth <mr.happytooth@...>" " < > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:24 AMSubject: Re: new qs

Thank you..

in intr

Hi guys